Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2018, 16:10   #16
Full Member+

Re: Mingoia signs for Stanley

ill get my coat lol
cashman and smobile like this.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2018, 17:44   #17
Senior Member+

What sort of message would signing Pierro give to the diamond in the rough you have called Jordan Clark ?
Well done son but we want our old boy back.
You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back. Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson ......... FFS move on !!!
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 18:31   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What sort of message would signing Pierro give to the diamond in the rough you have called Jordan Clark ?
You know what angers me more than anything in here ? The amount of talk about players who moved on and wishing they come back. Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson ......... FFS move on !!!
There are certain ex-players who for whatever reason were fans favourites & who will always have a special place in our hearts & memories, so naturally when one of these becomes available or looks like they could be on the move it's only natural that there'll be some speculation, if only for sentimental reasons.
However, this does not mean that we think any less of our current crop of players - the lads who gave us one of our best seasons ever will also forever have that same special status.
Really no need to get so worked up & swear.about it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 18:50   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
There are certain ex-players who for whatever reason were fans favourites & who will always have a special place in our hearts & memories, so naturally when one of these becomes available or looks like they could be on the move it's only natural that there'll be some speculation, if only for sentimental reasons.
However, this does not mean that we think any less of our current crop of players - the lads who gave us one of our best seasons ever will also forever have that same special status.
Really no need to get so worked up & swear.about it
Totally agree and if Pierro did come back I,m pretty sure he would push these lads for a team place thus creating hopefully better performances but it is only speculation and a bit of close season bit of fun jeez calm down.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 08:47   #20
God Member

both twenty eight and accymad make good points about ex players. think all fans at all clubs live in the past a little where good ex players come to mind. just leave it to our management who haven,t done too bad a job over the last few seasons in bringing to the club unknowns and one ex player who proved a lot of us wrong.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 11:31   #21
God Member

Quote:

You'll only be here until your player interest moves on - we're lifers.

The message it sends to current players is that you'll always be welcome back even if you move on for a few extra shillings.

Most of our players (the ones we want back) move on because their performances are sufficient that they are wanted by better clubs - so why wouldnt we want them back?

Id imagine Clark is being courted by other clubs, so when the pieces of silver are delivered we'll thank him for his services, wish him well and then take the wheelbarrow down to the bank. So wanting Del Piero back means that we're covered when that happens. Capichè?

Of course, we could always wait until the day before the season starts before we sell someone, then be up the creek without a Piero.

28, iq?
Old 20-06-2018, 11:55   #22
Senior Member+

No one is courting him because he is under contract.
I have a low IQ what is capiche ? Presumably another doff to the wizard.
If "Del Piero" had had a scintillating season I get it. He didn't and is still injured.
Dus tha gerrrit ? That's a doff to Clicker's origins.
Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?
We're League One. Sign players who improve the squad.
Old 20-06-2018, 12:57   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Capiche = understand.
Old 20-06-2018, 17:32   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
When did a contract ever stop someone being courted (or looking for a move themselves)? It's well known Stanley won't (can't?) stand in the way of anyone moving onward and upward - the only difference a contract makes is that it won't be for free.
Old 20-06-2018, 19:15   #25
God Member

Assuming Stanley could afford it and that Piero gets back to match fitness (after his honeymoon!), why wouldn't the club want the luxury of two players of the quality of Messrs Clark and Mingoia challenging for a place?
Can't imagine why any fan would complain at the prospect.
But I agree with Monkey; happy to leave matters that are beyond my control to Professor Coleman and Jimmy Bell.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 20:19   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
I have a low IQ what is capiche ? Presumably another doff to the wizard.
If "Del Piero" had had a scintillating season I get it. He didn't and is still injured.
Dus tha gerrrit ? That's a doff to Clicker's origins.
Is the scouting system at the club such that we always start by scouring the ex players list ?
We're League One. Sign players who improve the squad.
We got Kee, Chapman and McConville back and they did okay the last season, the manager and assistant too.

Haggis and Grimshaw came back and did well as Stanley legends.
cashman likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 08:48   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Windlass Crooks Mingoia O’Sullivan Pearson
To the best of my knowledge, Stanley never had a player called Windlass.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 15:46   #28
Senior Member+

And you’ve never made a spelling mistake using an I phone ?
If that’s your sole line of attack my friend ........
Old 21-06-2018, 16:44   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
And you’ve never made a spelling mistake using an I phone ?
If that’s your sole line of attack my friend ........
Nope, never made a spelling mistake using an I phone. Simple really. I do not possess an I phone.
AccyMad, cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2018, 11:47   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Nope, never made a spelling mistake using an I phone. Simple really. I do not possess an I phone.

Ooh, ya sarky git!
Revived Red likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..