Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 10:01   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Kayden Jackson in the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I am gutted we have sold Janoi and if Kayden does go for whatever price, I think our chances of staying in League 1 are dramatically reduced.
Have to disagree yeh they are two damn good players, but we have a strong squad still and J.C.s track record at bringing players in and on aint bad at all.Do yeh suggest turning great money down?
DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:05   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree yeh they are two damn good players, but we have a strong squad still and J.C.s track record at bringing players in and on aint bad at all.Do yeh suggest turning great money down?
turn the money down plus two unhappy players at the club who have been kept back from improving themselves. sorry to see any good player go but remember if they do well ipswich will sell em also if someone higher comes up with an offer. all clubs are selling clubs outside the greedy league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 18:54   #18
Full Member+

No I don't suggest turning decent money down. Quality players like them are rare. I know Coley has brought some good players here and yes we have a good squad. Unless you know you are going to be able to replace like with like or better then we are weakening a strong team. Donacien was the most under appreciated player we had.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 19:23   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No one, not even the manager knows if he can replace like with like, thats rather obvious to smaller clubs, all that can be said is they do there best with very small resources, a stanley fan has to accept that, its called the way things are. we have lost good players before some yeh win some yeh lose. after losing Shay last time, many thought we would struggle, that was summat i never noticed did you? in fact i never thought we were weaker.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:56   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
No I don't suggest turning decent money down. Quality players like them are rare. I know Coley has brought some good players here and yes we have a good squad. Unless you know you are going to be able to replace like with like or better then we are weakening a strong team. Donacien was the most under appreciated player we had.
Yes Chrisr. I agree with you about The Don. I always rated Janoi very highly as indicated in many of my post match comments over the last two seasons have shown and in my comment yesterday. I remember well that he made his debut in the superb 3-2 victory against, favourites for the title, Doncaster Rovers in our first match of the 2016/2017 on Saturday 6th August 2016. Janoi had only signed for Stanley the day before and very late in the afternoon and hadn't even trained with the squad! He was thrown in at LEFT back and had a pretty torrid time. I can still see and hear Mark Hughes trying to 'Captain' Janoi and keep him in position. He played quite a lot of that season in both full back positions sharing the jobs with Matty Pearson who sometimes played at centre back.
For me Janoi was always better at Right Back but last season he played mainly on the Left where he still did a great job.
Let's hope that at Ipswich he realizes fully his true potential and that they sell him on to one of the top Premier outfits for MILLIONS......then we can get an even better pay out.

Good Luck to Janoi........

but it is stilll.....
ON STANLEY ON
The story continues....
cashman and Chrisr like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 16:48   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was told Kayden handed a transfer request in today?
Old 04-08-2018, 17:15   #22
Full Member+

[QUOTE=cashman;1215560]Was told Kayden had handed in a transfer request today,QUOTE]

I heard the same, That would be a bad loss for us. I know we didn't miss shay McCarten much when he left. Jackson is in a different league. He didn't get much service today and our midfield looked out of sorts somehow. I think this was a serious wake up call for Stanley today. Coley made a substitution with more than two minutes left to play. We were not too bad today but the jury is still out on sykes for me. I think he will come good but he is not the finished product yet. We will have to up our game all round.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 17:20   #23
Senior Member+

I thought that Kayden did well today. He was totally positive and worked his socks off as he always does.
If he has to leave Stanley then good luck to him and I hope that we get a proper fee for him.
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:21   #24
Senior Member+

Fee agreed with three clubs so the lad's choice where he wants to go.
Peterborough Ipswich or QPR.
Wish him all the best.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:29   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If thats the case wish him well, know who i would pick.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:32   #26
God Member

If this is so, I really hope it's not announced today - after the news that came our this morning, to my mind today should be about Dave Hargreaves
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 13:20   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If thats the case wish him well, know who i would pick.
must be peterborough. who in their right minds would want ipswich or QPR if steve evans wanted you as a player.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 13:34   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
must be peterborough. who in their right minds would want ipswich or QPR if steve evans wanted you as a player.
Why stay in same division? i wouldn't.
Old 07-08-2018, 15:54   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Fee agreed with three clubs so the lad's choice where he wants to go.
Peterborough Ipswich or QPR.
Wish him all the best.
On twitter Andy Holt says this is not true.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 16:01   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
On twitter Andy Holt says this is not true.
Good.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..