Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2018, 20:29   #46
God Member

Re: Irons Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Your better than this
So how do you rate him, Davo?
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2018, 20:34   #47
Senior Member+

3/10

Lots of effort, but no end product
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 20:48   #48
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

https://www.iron-bru.co.uk/report-accrington-stanley/ https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...-accrington-a/ Accrington 1-1 Scunthorpe | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
Old 02-09-2018, 21:02   #49
mab
God Member

Zanzala unlucky not to score against the irons .From bit parts last season to be given the main strikers job might have been a bit to much for the young lad he tried and gave 100% . may be A Mangan a long side him from the start might have carried a lot of the work load. KTF
Old 02-09-2018, 21:30   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Zanzala unlucky not to score against the irons .From bit parts last season to be given the main strikers job might have been a bit to much for the young lad he tried and gave 100% . may be A Mangan a long side him from the start might have carried a lot of the work load. KTF
Definitely needed someone up front with him - jury's still out on whether Mangan is the answer though
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 23:17   #51
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Definitely needed someone up front with him - jury's still out on whether Mangan is the answer though
Mangans been a round a bit and is only Experienced league striker we have a part from Billy
Old 03-09-2018, 06:15   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Mangans been a round a bit and is only Experienced league striker we have a part from Billy
Maybe, but he's not played at this level for a couple of years now - suppose time will tell if he's still got it . . . . .
Old 03-09-2018, 08:11   #53
God Member

zanzala was poor on saturday but so were windass and crooks when they started with us and do not forget how poor sean was when he came back. not writing him off just yet but i certainly have my doubts about him.
pifco likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:06   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
zanzala was poor on saturday but so were windass and crooks when they started with us and do not forget how poor sean was when he came back. not writing him off just yet but i certainly have my doubts about him.
That is very true, But to me Stanley were not in the best shape back then, i was hoping perhaps we had moved forward a bit since.
Old 03-09-2018, 13:40   #55

I have doubts about Zanzala but the only way to tell is give him a few games IMHO.

(I believe Malik Wilkes is on fire and he attracted similar negative comments last year.)

In any event, we have indisputably played better with him in the team instead of Billy.... or should i say in the home games so far (I have not been away yet). Billy might score more but if that's at the cost to the team then I can't see it being detrimental overall for Zanzala to have a decent run. We need Finley, Brown and Seamus all playing.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 13:43   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

How the hell can scoring regular be at a cost to any team? are yeh on Drugs?
Old 03-09-2018, 14:17   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
How the hell can scoring regular be at a cost to any team? are yeh on Drugs?
Have just read Billy Kee has been nominated for League 2 player of the year for last season, so yeh must be.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 03-09-2018, 17:39   #58
God Member

I try and take positives out of any game even when we lose and there was plenty to be pleased about Saturday Scunthorpe are now a well established league 1 side and last couple of seasons have been knocking around the top end of the table. Coley has assembled a big squad this season and it takes time for players to gel including young Zanzala who looks keen and willing to learn at times in the first half we were unplayable and should have been at least 2 or more in front Clark missing 2 good chances but he isn't labelled not good enough at this level keep playing like that and find our best 18 and we'll win more than we lose.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 17:40   #59

Can’t be bothered to look at the stats but suppose Kee gets 15 goals from open play a season and Zanzala gets, say, 10. Those 5 goals make a difference but not as much a difference as a Stanley team playing as well as they did on Saturday all season versus the team that struggled v gillingham.

In any case, it’s about the enjoyment factor too. Kee winning free kicks from shoves from behind to advance forward versus joyful pace and passing from the team.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 20:54   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Can’t be bothered to look at the stats but suppose Kee gets 15 goals from open play a season and Zanzala gets, say, 10. Those 5 goals make a difference but not as much a difference as a Stanley team playing as well as they did on Saturday all season versus the team that struggled v gillingham.

In any case, it’s about the enjoyment factor too. Kee winning free kicks from shoves from behind to advance forward versus joyful pace and passing from the team.
So it was all Billy's fault that the team struggled against Gillingham was it?? Get a grip - I don't see how you can base your theory that the team play better without him on the one game that he hasn't played in
cashman and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..