Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 22:55   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 21 v Sunderland AFC (home)

I would like to suggest that the game against Sunderland, for the prediction league, be counted which will then give us an extra game to guess the correct score.
OUCH! who threw that bloody kitchen sink? it was only a suggestion??
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2019, 19:50   #32
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley

V

Sunderland AFC

2018/19 Prediction League; Game 21 v Sunderland (home)

UPDATE

And .................. your starter for 10; what connects 15th September and 22nd November 2018?

Six games for them, eight games for us since we went to Wearside on 15th February to play the BlackMoggies (you’ll remember that they gave us a two-goal lead and sneaked a Desmond) ................. their six have ended with four wins (three at home, plus one draw) and two draws (both away), 11 scored and four conceded plus 14 points .................. our eight ended with two wins (4-2 v Oxford and 3-1 at Wycombe), one draw (half-Desmond at home to Sarfend) and five defeats (three of them without scoring), 11 scored and 15 conceded, and seven points. How different might it all have been if we'd managed to finish this abandoned game on 8th December with a win?

They played in the Checkatrade Trophy Final this afto (what happened to the “dot com”?), against Pompey ............. 1-0 up, 1-2 down, 119th minute equaliser and losing 5-4 on pens, Lee Cattermole having his kick saved and 85,00 plus a few being there ................... let’s see how well they recover from that disappointment on Wednesday!

Five of the top six places looking nailed on for automatic or the payoffs; Luton 85, Barnsley 79, Pompey (form side, along with Uncle Bulgaria’s Rescue XI) with four wins and a draw from their last five) 74, Sunderland 73 (with two games in hand), and Charlton – looking to sell the club, and with losses of £10.1 million last season – on 70 ................. Donnie 63, and the Posh on 58, with one in hand ................. in theory Barnsley could get 97 points and Sunderland could get 100, so the Louts can’t start cheering yet – or counting their Blackrocks and their White Leghorns!

Bratfud, Walsall and Sarfend have lost their last four; the Ironing have lost their last three and one other of their last five; we’ve lost four of our last five, and so have Wycombe .............. taking the ten lowest-placed sides, Shrewsbury (15th) have taken 6 points from 15, Brizzle 5, Wycombe 1, Stanley 3, Scunnie 3, Southend 1, Walsall 3, the Wombles 12, Rochdale 8 and Bratfud 3 ............ mind you, when we beat Slumberland on Wednesday, assuming that we don’t win by more than three, we’ll leap up to 15th on 47 points .............. Wouldn’t it be good if we beat the Louts, the Blackmoggies and Pompey before season end? Pretty much wouldn’t matter what happens against Rochdoodle or Walsall then!

You’re welcome to retain your original prediction for this game if you want, or to change if you wish ................ 6-1 would be good; what d’you reckon Wynonie? And please remember that the game’s on Wednesday 3rd April with a 7.45ko

And - in case you've forgotten - 25th September and 22nd December are the two League games that Sunderland have lost ........... So Far (Mwahahahahah) ........ and on the 15th September we drew at Fettlewood, and on the 22nd December we beat Plymouth ...….. both games away; don't know what it means, but it's interessant, n'est-ce pas?

Good luck to everyone! ................... Keep the Faith! ............. And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 22:27   #33
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Sticking
Old 01-04-2019, 07:44   #34
God Member

change to stanley 1 sunderland 2.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:58   #35
Full Member+

change to Stanley 0 - 3 Sunderland please. Eek.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:08   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sticking fer me.
Old 01-04-2019, 15:00   #37

Stick with mine, please.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 15:37   #38

The winter of discontent must end!
I'm going to change my Desmond for a battling Stanley victory 3 - 2
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 20:44   #39
Senior Member+

I'll stick with a 1 - 1 draw please D3N.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:52   #40
Senior Member+

change please 2-0 sunderland
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:15   #41

Stick with mine please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:48   #42
Senior Member+

Changing mine too. 3-0 Sunderland, although I do hope my original guess is more accurate

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 22:28   #43
Full Member+

Changing to - Accrington Stanley 2-1 Sunderland. cheers
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:39   #44
Senior Member+

1-1 please
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:34   #45
God Member

Change mine to Stanley 1-1 Sunderland.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..