Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2018, 15:36   #1

Exclamation FA Youth Cup - 3rd Rd v Leeds Weds 12 Dec 7pm KO

Hi people
Not been on site for a few years but on this occasion thought we'd give the club marketing team a leg up and you lot a heads-up.
Judging from conversations I had during the monsoon on Saturday few knew about the FA Youth Cup Game - just rang the club who are pretty sure it will take place. Note its a 7pm kick-off this Weds 12th. I suggested they put it on the main site.
Get down and give the lads a shout out...its a big Radio Silence until Xmas with two distant away games, so last opp to get a footy fix
Cheers - Richard (aka Mr Red Darrener)
smudgie and cashman like this.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2018, 16:03   #2
God Member

Re: FA Youth Cup - 3rd Rd v Leeds Weds 12 Dec 7pm KO

Good luck to the Youth team, wish I could attend.
Still recall enjoying watching the Youth squad at Reading five years ago, although not enjoying the result.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 18:16   #3
Super Moderator

Cheers for this;

Saved me a job;

£5 for adults and concession's

£2 u18's

Portsmouth or Liverpool away for the winners
cashman likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 19:14   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers i shall pop up fer it, always good to watch are the youth side ive found.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:22   #5
Super Moderator

Just gone through the paperwork;

It's only £4 not a fiver!!

Tickets on sale from Clayton End ticket booth from 6pm and entry via Clayton End Turnstiles.

Shop open from 5pm
MikeA likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 21:50   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

What a good game tonight, 2 good sides Stanley 2-0 up half time, full time 2-2, Extra Time,4-2 Stanley well done young uns.
Old 12-12-2018, 22:28   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What a good game tonight, 2 good sides Stanley 2-0 up half time, full time 2-2, Extra Time,4-2 Stanley well done young uns.
Thoroughly entertaining game tonight.....great start, 2-0 up in first few mins, second half, thought our youngsters looked very tired, last 20/30 mins, seemed to be a few with cramp.... when it went to extra time, must admit, I felt that was it! But, in true Stanley tradition, they did us proud, didn't give up, & managed to score two more in last 15 mins!! Had to get a team sheet to put names to the numbers, so, impressed with Charlie Ridge (10), Gilboy (7), O'Neil (9)..... unfair to single a few out, when I check out my team sheet, they all put a great shift in.... If this is the future for Stanley, looking good, well done to the coaching team!!!

First Youth game I've been to for about five seasons.... not the last!!
MikeA and cashman like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 22:45   #8

Talking Re: FA Youth Cup - 3rd Rd v Leeds Weds 12 Dec 7pm KO

Can't believe the quality of the game we saw tonight - we usually come and support the youth team and we've had some great runs in the last few years but tonight was unforgettable.
2-0 up on 5 minutes, brilliant runs down the right, pinpoint crosses, superb, composed finishes. If our wonderful senior team could take that level of composure in the six yard box into every game , we'd be top of League One!! John, Jimmy, Billy Kee , and Andy H were all there to see it, they must have been impressed - the 'Loiners' were certainly shellshocked.
The seachange came after twenty minutes and brave resolute defending and bits of luck managed to see off the great white tide until half time.
Leeds began the second half with the energy and skill with which they'd finished the first and inevitably got back to 2-2 by which time they had all the energy, and we just looked spent. But the huge effort to get back in the game began to weary them, and again, with huge heart, we got to 90 mins somehow, all square, with each team equally nackered.
Players on both teams were cramping up left , right, and centre during the first 15 mins of ET, but we sensed our lads were beginning to realise that fitness wise they were no longer inferior, and the quality and composure of the two goals we scored in the second 15 bore this out. We won simply because the quality of our second wind was better than Leeds'.
Huge congratullations to Paul Lodge and all 14 of the lads we used tonight, real heroes to a man! Ali and I were astonished and impressed. Liverpool or Pompey away in Round 4 - if it's Anfield - we'll be there!!
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 13-12-2018, 15:40   #9

Looking at the results section on the FA Youth Cup part of the FA website, I'm sorry to report that last night must have just been a dream:
The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - The FA Youth Cup | The FA

Shouldn't be too surprised though - we all know that the 'A' in FA stands for 'amateurs'.....
Old 13-12-2018, 17:21   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We all know what F.A. stands for. they just proved it.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-12-2018, 17:25   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Darreners View Post
Looking at the results section on the FA Youth Cup part of the FA website....Shouldn't be too surprised though - we all know that the 'A' in FA stands for 'amateurs'.....
You’re being too polite.

PS please keep us informed on here if the lads are playing at Pompey in the next round. There are a few of us exiles who will make the game.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 13:07   #12

Talking Re: FA Youth Cup - 3rd Rd v Leeds Weds 12 Dec 7pm KO

So Liverpool joused a late winner (3-2) against Pompey last night after allowing a two goal lead to slip (bit like Blackpool in the FA Cup)'
Therefore it's LIVERPOOL v ACCRINGTON STANLEY in the 4th Round of the FA Youth Cup. Sounds and looks great that, que?
I note last night's game was played at the evocatively (unpleasantly?) named Totally Wicked Stadium in St Helens (aka St Helens RLFC) - wondering if the next game will be there, at Anfield, or elsewhere.
So if those in the know, when they know, could let us know:
Date
Time
Venue
Ticket price

Any possible travel initiatives (these lads DESERVE a following):
That would be good.

Finally, The Red Darreners would like to wish one and all in the Stanley Family a wonderful Christmas and a brilliant New Year, regardless of how dark this world might seem at times.
Old 19-12-2018, 14:03   #13

Fourth Round to be played by Saturday 19 January 2019

Liverpool usually televise their FA Youth Cup ties on LFC TV
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 17:22   #14
Senior Member+

The FA still think we lost to Leeds so they have Liverpool playing Leeds on 19 January on their website. Presumably it will be changed from the Saturday once a date is agreed.

I wonder if Liverpool realise that they're not playing Leeds...

The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - The FA Youth Cup | The FA
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 18:58   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its like i said F.A. stands for their I.Q.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..