Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2018, 15:06   #1
God Member

vs the Biscuts

Great start. 1-0
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2018, 15:25   #2
God Member

Re: vs the Biscuts

2 feckin 0 !!!! How much better can this get???
Old 26-12-2018, 15:26   #3
God Member

Billy's boots back on.
mab likes this.
Old 26-12-2018, 16:14   #4
God Member

&%^%$#@@$#$&*^O*(^(&#!!! They scored .
Old 26-12-2018, 16:57   #5
God Member

Happy happy, joy joy. 'Onya STANLEY
Old 26-12-2018, 17:18   #6
Senior Member+

What you said, KJ
Old 26-12-2018, 17:26   #7

That was an absolutely awful hour of football after a very decent first thirty.
Barlaser had a very poor game, we hoofed it far too much.
Very weak penalty.
Shrewsbury looked like the worst team we’ve faced for the first half but pulled themselves together.

My MOTM was Clark based on the first half.
chevyfire likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 18:03   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Clarkey fer me also. first 30 mins we were shooting on sight and it sure paid off, then we seemed to sit on it to me,? I'm wondering if at half time we were told to carry on like that? Whatever the reason we should have murdered the Shrews,no doubt at all. the penalty NEVER looked like one, also the contact looked to us to be outside the area, Clarky musta been fouled 5/6 times with nothing done about it, then he was booked for what seemed his First?
Old 26-12-2018, 18:17   #9

Agree with above posts. Jordan Clark was excellent for first 30 mins. we carved the shrews open at will for that first 30.Penalty was very soft, agree not barlaser's best game. At least we seen out game with relatively few scares. 34 points at half way stage is fairly good.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 20:46   #10
Senior Member+

A super THREE POINTS for the boys in Red today!

A cracking start with a cracking goal from Jordan Clarke after just 28 seconds! Clarke also set up Billy for the second with a great run on the right and a a lovely pass across the box for Billy to find the bottom corner of the net!
Two up and going well and I think that we should have been three up at half time based on the balance of play.

The Shrews made a substitution which changed the way they played and I think that the referee had his brain substituted for something 'Soft'! The game was more even when the ref awarded the softest penalty ever! There was the slightest of physical contact as the Shrews lad tried to force his way through our defence but not even enough to justify a free kick and also the slight coming together was outside the penalty box. He stumbled forward and fell in the box for the referee to give a penalty which was simply unbelievable and totally inept refereeing! After that the referee became the MAN OF THE MATCH because he stood out so much! Mystifying us and the players with some of his decision making.
Stanley though rode out the rest of the match and indeed could have increased the lead.
THE STANLEY SUPPORT WAS SUPERB TODAY which was the comment of a
'Rovers supporter friend'
The difference in the last two matches is hard to explain as the lads have been playing the same type of game but perhaps it is just down to a bit of luck whether the ball goes in or not!
On to Saturday and Peterborough who are not looking as strong as they were earlier in the season and Bradford on News Years day....
Both very WINNABLE games.
COME ON YOU REDS
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 26-12-2018 at 20:50.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 22:52   #11
God Member

The 'penalty' that never was changed the tone of the game today. Even the press guys from Shrewsbury behind us could not believe the ref had been conned into awarding it!!
Thank goodness we held out for 3 well deserved points, for me Jordan Clark deserved motm award today although all of our lads deserve credit for not letting themselves get wound up by the Shrews dirty tactics
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 10:27   #12
Senior Member+

Nice to have a home game on boxing day for once, with a great crowd too.

Agreed with others, thought Clark was brilliant, particularly for the first 45.

Ripley again kept us in it with that finger tip save, really hope the rumors of him signing for Preston in January aren't true.

Onto Mr Evans on Saturday !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 11:26   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The 'penalty' that never was changed the tone of the game today. Even the press guys from Shrewsbury behind us could not believe the ref had been conned into awarding it!!
Thank goodness we held out for 3 well deserved points, for me Jordan Clark deserved motm award today although all of our lads deserve credit for not letting themselves get wound up by the Shrews dirty tactics
the player who got the penalty was going down at every opportunity he got and the ref fell for it. desrved the 3 points against the usual dour shrewsbury side. want us to win all our games but beating them really gave me more than normal satisfaction.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 11:37   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Di !.. As you must have noticed yesterday , I was in a reasonably buoyant mood ( well as near buoyant as I can manage these days !).. up to the moment when I saw at the bottom of the Team sheet the infamous name SEBASTIAN STOCKBRIDGE !., and thought ' oh dear ',or words to that effect !

No more to say except my fears for the management for the game to come were well founded, and that a tiny bit of my Boxing Day glow was dampened !.

I predicted everything about his failings which has been noted here, and JC's post-match assessment vindicated my own pre-match forecast exactly !.

We are, sad to say, lumbered with second or even third-rate Match Officials, a TRUTH which unfortunately is likely to be borne out as the season progresses !...

Ah well.. regards to your Mum !,

ON STANLEY ! .. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!. 😎
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 12:39   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=yonmon;1221130]Di !..

We are, sad to say, lumbered with second or even third-rate Match Officials, a TRUTH which unfortunately is likely to be borne out as the season progresses !...

we have not had eddie ilderton and trevor kettle yet. dare not look to see who we have on saturday to allow our friend steve{sidney greenstreet** evans to actually referee the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..