Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2018, 11:45   #16
God Member

Re: vs the Biscuts

actually just looked we have thomas bramall on saturday and paul marsden at bradford. another two of the newer refs to create mayhem once again.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2018, 12:45   #17
Senior Member+

We had Thomas Bramall when we played Macc earlier in the season. I don't think we've had Paul Marsden before but he sent off an Everton U23 in the EFL trophy - at Bradford!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 13:50   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The 'penalty' that never was changed the tone of the game today. Even the press guys from Shrewsbury behind us could not believe the ref had been conned into awarding it!!
Thank goodness we held out for 3 well deserved points, for me Jordan Clark deserved motm award today although all of our lads deserve credit for not letting themselves get wound up by the Shrews dirty tactics
From this photo: https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...ch-highlights/
shouldn't it have been a free kick to us, just outside the area?
choirboy likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 14:00   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Yep! From where we were it was clear, their player wrapped himself around Callum & then threw himself to the ground - disgraceful!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 14:13   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
What's even more revealing that, in the background, it looks like the ref has already made up his mind before the guy had even dived to the ground.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 15:29   #21

Their Number 12 was lively, but having conned the Ref once, he thought he would keep on trying it on.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 18:32   #22
Full Member+

After watching match of the day, don't think the Refs in the Prem are much better.
choirboy likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 18:41   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
After watching match of the day, don't think the Refs in the Prem are much better.
Have to agree the Standard of officials is shocking.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-12-2018, 20:26   #24

The usual twaddle about refs I see.
Yes, really bad decision for the penalty but generally the standard is very good.
Maybe a few should cast their minds back to the 70s/80s and think about what bad refereeing really is like.... or maybe just watch a match as a neutral, listen to the predictable one-sided howls and moans and see how biased fans can be.
Chimer likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 07:21   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Yes, really bad decision for the penalty but generally the standard is very good.
Maybe a few should cast their minds back to the 70s/80s and think about what bad refereeing really is like.... or maybe just watch a match as a neutral, listen to the predictable one-sided howls and moans and see how biased fans can be.
i have watched many games as a neutral oer the years,as far as i'm concerned the standard is crap, yer entitled to your opinion, but accuse folk of twaddle and yer on a bad errand, arrogance is bad imho.
Old 28-12-2018, 08:40   #26
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1221161]i have watched many games as a neutral oer the years,as far as i'm concerned the standard is crap,

could go on about this subject all day. do not want to bore people or get a sore finger but a lot of the problem lies with the fa. years ago you would be lucky to become a football league referee in 10 years of starting no matter who you knew or the amount of creaping you did. now they are promoting younger lads quicker and they are still learning the game at our expense. too much thought of physical and not mental fitness of the officials.
Old 28-12-2018, 19:23   #27
Full Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1221169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have watched many games as a neutral oer the years,as far as i'm concerned the standard is crap,

could go on about this subject all day. do not want to bore people or get a sore finger but a lot of the problem lies with the fa. years ago you would be lucky to become a football league referee in 10 years of starting no matter who you knew or the amount of creaping you did. now they are promoting younger lads quicker and they are still learning the game at our expense. too much thought of physical and not mental fitness of the officials.
That is no longer the way Refs are selected, if you don't think I'm right try walking past the Crown with a pair of football boots in your hands on a Saturday about 2pm.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 20:52   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
If you think the comments about Mr. Stockbridge on Saturday are twaddle I'm afraid you're very much in the minority. Also, I challenge you to watch any Stanley game as a neutral, if you can do that then you're not a true fan - even if you're watching a game when you don't have a vested interest in either team, most folk tend to side with one or the other - it's natural, otherwise the game wouldn't provide any interest whatsoever & if that's the case, what's the point in watching at all?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 08:21   #29
God Member

[QUOTE=ferret man;1221207]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

That is no longer the way Refs are selected, if you don't think I'm right try walking past the Crown with a pair of football boots in your hands on a Saturday about 2pm.
sorry mate do not get it. might be i,m thick or its a bit early.
Old 29-12-2018, 09:59   #30
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1221208- even if you're watching a game when you don't have a vested interest in either team, most folk tend to side with one or the other - it's natural, otherwise the game wouldn't provide any interest whatsoever & if that's the case, what's the point in watching at all?[/QUOTE]

agree accymad. i usually pop down to my local ground on a sunday morning if i have not got a game. you watch a game and for some reason there is one of the two sides you,ll take to for some reason wanting them to win. its about being a football fan. music fans i suppose will prefer one artist or group over another and it will always be the same.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..