Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2019, 12:51   #31
Senior Member+

Re: January transfer window.

IMHO I thought that the referee was another poor official and failed to apply the rules of the game properly!

Last edited by choirboy; 01-01-2019 at 12:54.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2019, 13:18   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
IMHO I thought that the referee was another poor official and failed to apply the rules of the game properly!

Bit harsh, when have we ever had a match official like that - oh, just a minute . . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 17:26   #33
God Member

Coley confirmed in his post match interview that Blackpool have recalled Nick Anderton, he wouldn't have been able to play against Ipswich anyhow & hopefully he can be replaced before the Bristol game. Or maybe, Big Ben will get another chance to shine
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 18:15   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Bit harsh, when have we ever had a match official like that - oh, just a minute . . . . . .
Seems like we had one at Bratfud today.......hmmmm.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 18:33   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Seems like we had one at Bratfud today.......hmmmm.
Honest mate this un today made Kettle seem decent,
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-01-2019, 19:50   #36
Senior Member+

The kid coming in from Newcastle - Gibson - will be a direct replacement. That will
explain Charman going back because you can’t have three from the same parent club.
Hall definitely going back to Bolton.
Really worried about Ihiekwe as well.
The pressure in on the Management team no doubt about that.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 22:08   #37
Junior Member+

Don’t speak much on here... but I’d like to think that Coley needs to be focusing more on getting on a new striker or two, particularly someone to play alongside Billy who can run off him, as he’s not good enough on his own. IMO they have never replaced Kayden and we have gone a league up! There has been many games where we have been the better side by far but just couldn’t finish.

I think the club should play the likes of Sousa and Sykes if the loanees are going back, who are one of your own and always give you 100%. They are both young and hungry to play/learn, and if you don’t play them how are they ever going to improve! They have both showed glimpses of class when they have played so we should give them a chance, as well as Mingoia and Ogle etc.
accyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 22:32   #38
Full Member+

Billy does a job for the team. But he is expected to do too much as a lone striker. He is not a runner he is a goal poacher and lay off player. We do seem to be slipping into a rut. Teams come here and suss out our strategy very quickly and we don't seem to have a plan B. We need to give some more game time to our own players who we know can do a good job. However Coley won't change his first team selection unless he absolutely has to. Maybe Kayden would re-sign for us in January for a smaller fee. I jest of course. we need some fresh legs up front Billy is not 100% and would benefit from being on the bench and used as an impact player. Ben is really a midfielder who can spread the play and score given chance. We need a way of winning.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:54   #39
God Member

[QUOTE=accyfan21;1221452]IMO they have never replaced Kayden and we have gone a league up! There has been many games where we have been the better side by far but just couldn’t finish.

think we have missed kayden more than anyone else who have left us. problem is its down to money again and unless coley can pick up another gem from the leagues below or a good loanee then we,ve got what we have and have to make the most of it.
keep the faith and accyfan21 like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:02   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Kayden is a massive miss, in my view, but replacing him is much easier said than done, with our resources, all we can do is take a chance on some unknown lad and cross our fingers imho
Old 02-01-2019, 13:19   #41

Agree with Cashy. Huge loss but hard to replace. It’s why I think Coley playing 5 in midfield is a pretty good idea....but our 5th midfielder cannot be Conneely.

I don’t see Billy as an impact player at all. Zanzala is an impact player, so is Hall.
cashman likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 14:12   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyfan21 View Post
Don’t speak much on here... but I’d like to think that Coley needs to be focusing more on getting on a new striker or two, particularly someone to play alongside Billy who can run off him, as he’s not good enough on his own. IMO they have never replaced Kayden and we have gone a league up! There has been many games where we have been the better side by far but just couldn’t finish.

I think the club should play the likes of Sousa and Sykes if the loanees are going back, who are one of your own and always give you 100%. They are both young and hungry to play/learn, and if you don’t play them how are they ever going to improve! They have both showed glimpses of class when they have played so we should give them a chance, as well as Mingoia and Ogle etc.

Mate, Sykes needs a run now.
However where would you put Mingoia and Sousa in this side ?
Their positions aren't a problem that needs resolving.
Old 02-01-2019, 14:15   #43
Senior Member+

Does anyone feel cynical to state the obvious that when the big money for Jackson came in at least a % of that should have been reinvested in the squad ?
No point mentioning the Donacien money because I doubt we got paid a fee when it converted to a loan.
Old 02-01-2019, 16:49   #44
God Member

Anderton and Platt gone back to their respective clubs no sign of any incoming yet.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 17:31   #45
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Mate, Sykes needs a run now.
However where would you put Mingoia and Sousa in this side ?
Their positions aren't a problem that needs resolving.
I was mainly referring to Sykes, I personally think he’s a great youngster and he works well with Hughes! He’s started 7 league games and he’s done well in each of these. If we played him he could be our next big money maker!
Sousa doesn’t get much game time, even when he comes on it’s like 15 minutes etc, but I can see your point and I would agree that what we have isn’t a problem, just thoughts of if Sean/Jordan got injured.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
accyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..