Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2019, 18:40   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: January transfer window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyfan21 View Post
I was mainly referring to Sykes, I personally think he’s a great youngster and he works well with Hughes! He’s started 7 league games and he’s done well in each of these. If we played him he could be our next big money maker!
Sousa doesn’t get much game time, even when he comes on it’s like 15 minutes etc, but I can see your point and I would agree that what we have isn’t a problem, just thoughts of if Sean/Jordan got injured.
I'm convinced he will be worth a mint if he carries on like he is. dont think we have a more dedicated lad at the club.
Old 02-01-2019, 19:16   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Does anyone feel cynical to state the obvious that when the big money for Jackson came in at least a % of that should have been reinvested in the squad ?
No point mentioning the Donacien money because I doubt we got paid a fee when it converted to a loan.
That money i believe paid for the Wham Stadium, if thats correct, to me that came first.
Old 02-01-2019, 19:56   #48
God Member

Agree, Cashy. Also hope some of it is going into the training ground.
Unless i’m not remembering correctly, I thought Jackson and Donacien didn’t go until this season had started anyway. By that time any decent strikers that Stanley could have afforded would have been snapped up.
This isn’t the first time Stanley have had to rebuild a squad twice in a season but, in this League, it seems to be proving a bit more critical.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 20:22   #49
Senior Member+

I can’t see any investment in permanent signings which means back to the loan system.
I would prefer it if we stuck to five which means there are 3 vacancies assuming Connor and Daniel stay.
I hope two of those are forwards.
The third the left back from Newcastle.
Time for Ben and/or Ross to step up.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 21:10   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I can’t see any investment in permanent signings which means back to the loan system.
I would prefer it if we stuck to five which means there are 3 vacancies assuming Connor and Daniel stay.
I hope two of those are forwards.
The third the left back from Newcastle.
Time for Ben and/or Ross to step up.
There could also be free agents out there or players coming to the end of contracts who could come for free, personally I think we need a left back striker and a solid midfield type not easily bossed off the ball.
ferret man likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 21:28   #51

If we look at teams in our league who are doing well, they all have pace going forward. Selling Jackson robbed us of this and we are obviously missing that element of what made us successful last season. If I recall, Jackson signed for Ipswich on deadline day which gave Coley no time to get a replacement in.

For me, we need a forward with real pace who’s also a goal threat - easier said than done - as I think that’s a key ingredient of a playing style that suits the other players in our squad. Another Jimmy Dunne at centre half wouldn’t go amiss either! Agree with 28 that any additions of this quality to squad in this window likely to be loan signings
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:02   #52
Senior Member+

Starting to worry over Ripley now.
Rumour mill saying two Championship clubs interested.
Barlaser deal done.
Roll on Feb.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:04   #53
Senior Member+

Poor Connor Hall getting grief from Bolton fans and had to issue an apology for a tweet Saturday.
Could that play in to our hands and he ends up staying ?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:23   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm convinced he will be worth a mint if he carries on like he is. dont think we have a more dedicated lad at the club.
has anyone else seen better in our league or the one below at his age. i know i have not.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:44   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Very pleased we are keeping Barlaiser for the season.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:55   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
It's not Sean I'm referring to Your Lordship. Sean has turned himself around to become a class act. It's the guy who gets rid of the ball either sideways or backwards as quick as he can who can't run with the ball that I'm on about!

So why not jut say it, instead of talking in anagrams ?!?
Old 03-01-2019, 19:56   #57
Senior Member+

So can we confirm Platt, Hall, Anderton and Ikewhe have all gone ???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 20:47   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
So can we confirm Platt, Hall, Anderton and Ikewhe have all gone ???
Anderton & Platt yes, as far as I know Hall & Ihekwe haven't been confirmed as going yet - their loans are up but it said this morning Coley is still working on trying to extend them
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:52   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Very pleased we are keeping Barlaiser for the season.
Agree mate, one of the ones I would have wanted to keep

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:07   #60

According to the Bolton Evening News Conner Hall May be in the squad for tomorrow’s FA cup tie,So it does look as he has returned .to Bolton Wanderers
Looking glum for our front line .
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..