Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2019, 16:48   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: January transfer window.

Rippers gone now wish him well, just hope no-one else does.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 16:51   #122
Senior Member+

That's a body blow Cashy.
Hopefully one of those due in before Saturday is a keeper.
Chrisr likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 17:58   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Linked with Michael Crowe Preston.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 18:00   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
To be honest i dont think theres much between Rippers @ Maxted. Dont think Rippers is Championship yet meself.?
Old 09-01-2019, 18:57   #125
Senior Member+

Happy to be proven wrong mate but I think we need a first team stopper.
Old 09-01-2019, 19:25   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Ahh, the transfer window; another brilliant idea we owe, in part, to the EU.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

I can't help but think it was invented to entertain and employ people who aren't really that interested in football itself but like the gossip, rumour, and talk about money that now engulfs the game.
It's bad enough that Stanley have to rebuild a squad every summer but twice a season is ridiculous.
Unless significant change, the transfer windows are here as part and parcel of football. We also need to accept our place in the football pecking order and that we will be viewed as a supply source for ‘bigger’ clubs, however, our ‘take’ from the situation now is better than ever as we’ve been able to place players on longer contracts and can benefit from transfer fees if we decide that the business is good for us.

We should also look at this from a players’ perspective. Come to our club with it’s unique character, a manager and coaching staff that want to play passing football, a philosophy where if you’re good enough, you’ll play in the first team, if you do well, a club that won’t stand in the way of your progression - Connor Ripley had enough about him earlier to realise, had it not been for his spell with us, he wouldn’t be at Preston now - that’s great progress for him in just 4 1/2 months.

We got loads of selling points to players who want to further their careers and can now start to evidence a track record (Jackson, Donacien, Ripley) to attract the next batch in.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 19:28   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest i dont think theres much between Rippers @ Maxted. Dont think Rippers is Championship yet meself.?
Cashy, will politely disagree with comment. For me, there’s clear daylight between them. Agree, Ripley a bit more to do consistency wise to be a Championship regular, however he’s going in right direction
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 19:44   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Cashy, will politely disagree with comment. For me, there’s clear daylight between them. Agree, Ripley a bit more to do consistency wise to be a Championship regular, however he’s going in right direction
No problem, i think Rippers was best of the two, But personally dont think theres a lot between em.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:02   #129
Senior Member+

A player i would love Coley to sign would be...Jordan Clark, contract extension!

I think hes worth the most out of our current crop of players!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:30   #130
God Member

It's bad enough that Stanley have to rebuild a squad every summer but twice a season is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

at the moment i think we are safe from relagation this season but there is going to be a time when having to rebuild bites us and even coley will not get his signings right as all managers don,t and then we could be in the brown stuff.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:50   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
A player i would love Coley to sign would be...Jordan Clark, contract extension!

I think hes worth the most out of our current crop of players!

Agreed 100%
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:22   #132

Given that Clark has had an offer for some months on an extended deal and nothing announced i sense he won't. To be fair and frank to the lad, i would not blame him.

Maybe reading too much into it, i sensed a few weeks ago Coley praising his quality was an acceptance and a prelude to this window ?
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:23   #133
Full Member+

Agree about Clark, but after the second half display against Bury, please not as a defender
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Reamer; 10-01-2019 at 11:27.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:39   #134
Senior Member+

Tactically the weirdest move from Coley.
Could easily have moved Brown or Conneely there and brought on a midfielder. He's not a full back but does great work in front of his full back breaking up play.
If we're talking second half performance let's not beat about the bush - every one of them !
Clark is with us for another season unless the club decides otherwise - provided they take up the one year option which will be astonishing if they don't.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 14:25   #135
Senior Member+

Who’d have JC’s job it must be soul destroying, if he manages to sign a decent player we lose them in the transfer windows, if we loan players who improve under his care their parent clubs recall them to use or sell, then has to search for bargains in the loan pool to replace players he’s lost and all the time knowing he will have the same problem after the next transfer window,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..