Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2019, 09:45   #151
God Member

Re: January transfer window.

[QUOTE=Div3North;1222399]A striker! Who scores goals! (well, he did when he was on loan at Gateshead (10 in 17))

scored the two goals that beat hartlepool on boxing day. its on youtube or the vanarama site if you have the time to look,
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2019, 20:54   #152
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
These two are typical Coley signings - good players who are young and hungry. It's a good opportunity for them to progress, but hopefully Stanley will benefit in a big way too. Armstrong apparently was being tracked by a number of clubs, including Portsmouth, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the Stanley table.
If today's performance is anything to go by they will be a big boost to Stanley.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 13:31   #153
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by northender View Post
Believe Preston trying to sign Connor Ripley and Callum Johnson.
Also, as you can now see, I posted this just before the window opened.

For some reason it's only just appeared, my post must have been waiting for approval as a new member or whatever.

Latest I've heard is you want between 750-1m for Johnson and most of it up front. The player will try to push it through though.
northender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 14:33   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
The player will try to push it through though.
Maybe he should have a word with Harvey Rodgers about heading off to where the grass appears to be greener.
AccyMad likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 14:51   #155
God Member

Quote:
Also, as you can now see, I posted this just before the window opened.

For some reason it's only just appeared, my post must have been waiting for approval as a new member or whatever.

Latest I've heard is you want between 750-1m for Johnson and most of it up front. The player will try to push it through though.
Just had a peek on your forum Northerner, one of your fans thinking that 750 - 1m is 'silly money' for Callum - I wholeheartedly disagree, gone are the days when other teams could nick our players for peanuts.
Really hope we don't lose him but if we do, he won't be going anywhere on the cheap
smudgie and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 14:59   #156

Callum class act it's just when afraid
Connelly at right back for me a LOT won't agree .
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 13:42   #157
Senior Member+

That should have happened in the checkatrade mate instead of moving Clark back. He has experience of playing there so it wouldn't be a problem to him.
You're right though there will be a clamour of dissenters.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 13:44   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just had a peek on your forum Northerner, one of your fans thinking that 750 - 1m is 'silly money' for Callum - I wholeheartedly disagree, gone are the days when other teams could nick our players for peanuts.
Really hope we don't lose him but if we do, he won't be going anywhere on the cheap

There's also the sell on clause to worry about it. We're going to lose a tasty portion of any fee.
Old 14-01-2019, 13:47   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There's also the sell on clause to worry about it. We're going to lose a tasty portion of any fee.
In that case, raise the price to even 'sillier money'
Old 14-01-2019, 14:06   #160
Senior Member+

Why not ? A bit of a dilemma for the club because his value is only going to reduce as the contract runs down and he's clearly interested - and who could blame him ?
It might depend on whether Coley can get a replacement in.
Old 14-01-2019, 14:53   #161
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1222759 and he's clearly interested - and who could blame him ?

not really sure if he should go and thats not from the stanley point of view. first real offer from a club higher up. his wages would certainly be higher but cannot see him being more than a bench warmer at best at preston. get some more games under his belt for us and an even better offer may come along.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 15:46   #162
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I would tend to agree. One of my criticisms of the club in recent times has been that we sell players for huge fees, but then refuse to enter the inflated market when buying players. It's expensive, but if we're willing to benefit from the inflated market through sales, then we should be willing to reinvest it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
not really sure if he should go and thats not from the stanley point of view. first real offer from a club higher up. his wages would certainly be higher but cannot see him being more than a bench warmer at best at preston. get some more games under his belt for us and an even better offer may come along.
We've had right back issues for a while, through injury, form loss etc. If he were to sign, there would be a big chance for him to play and nail down a spot in the side.
northender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 16:55   #163
God Member

Are you on commission, Northender?
AccyMad, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 18:09   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Why not ? A bit of a dilemma for the club because his value is only going to reduce as the contract runs down and he's clearly interested - and who could blame him ?
It might depend on whether Coley can get a replacement in.
At the risk of being shot down, I'd say at this stage of the season the cash is not as important as having a decent replacement ready to take over - as having three changes to the back 5 showed on Saturday.
I don't mean that the new lads didn't do well, just that we can do without any more chopping & changing if we don't have to especially in defence

Last edited by AccyMad; 14-01-2019 at 18:15.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:11   #165
Senior Member+

The two new boys looked very good on Saturday v Bristol Rovers....
I think that we should be updating Callum's contract for another two years NOW in order to frighten off the richer clubs and to consolidate our current squad. I am sure that Andy Holt will be on the case and one or two others too.

ps A great slot on BBC 1's 'Inside Out' programme last evening......
Andy is THE MAN!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..