Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2018, 17:23   #16
God Member

Re: vs Peterborough

Drastic change of tactics required for New Year’s Day:- Kiwi John must stay in bed!
AccyMad, Kiwi John, yonmon and 4 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2018, 17:38   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Drastic change of tactics required for New Year’s Day:- Kiwi John must stay in bed!
This may be the only change made
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 18:33   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think that some of our players stayed in bed today!
ZZzzzzzz........
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 22:53   #19

It was a disappointing afternoon in front of another decent home attendance. We did create a few decent chances today but Peterborough created far more. Are defensive unit couldn't handle dembele and Toney in particular. We have developed a bad habit of conceding from set pieces (something we resolutely didn't last season).
I thought kee held up play well today. As others commented are possesion was gifted to easily at times and the posh could exploit us well counter attacking. Ripley made some great saves but also had some uncertain moments. Clark went from seeming world class on boxing Day to ineffective today. Yep, as long as we can get to 55 points initially we can forget today and move on! Will be an interesting January, with seeing if we can improve the team in transfer window, the cup runs (I feel we can get to Wembley this year) and hopefully some more 3 point wins In the bag.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 07:45   #20

I though Peterborough looked a good team - especially up front. I didn’t think Stanley were too bad actually. We created a good few chances - especially Clark’s miss just before their first goal.
Our passing was a bit lax.

I thought we did look more of a threat when Zanzala came on but not sure it’s that clear cut that he’s a better option than 5 in midfield. But Conneely needs to be playing better if he’s in there.

Hard to pick a MOTM, maybe Ihekwe, possibly Finley. Thought Kee did ok.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 08:36   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Thought Kee did ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Perhaps the most damning stat was that of our 19 goal attempts (only 6 on target), our main striker Billy Kee managed a grand total of 1.

Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 08:53   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I though Peterborough looked a good team - especially up front. I didn’t think Stanley were too bad actually. We created a good few chances - especially Clark’s miss just before their first goal.
Our passing was a bit lax.

I thought we did look more of a threat when Zanzala came on but not sure it’s that clear cut that he’s a better option than 5 in midfield. But Conneely needs to be playing better if he’s in there.

Hard to pick a MOTM, maybe Ihekwe, possibly Finley. Thought Kee did ok.
At the risk of it sounding like the usual twaddle... I agree with you unreservedly !. 😎

Have a good 2019 !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 09:01   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Bish, Bash, Bosh!
Oh So Easy For The Posh

The stats sum it all up.
Only 34% possession over 93 minutes - at home!
Perhaps the most damning stat was that of our 19 goal attempts (only 6 on target), our main striker Billy Kee managed a grand total of 1.
Seems all opponents need do is to neutralise Kee & we're toothless.
'Posh's hat-trick Toney sinks Stanley's one trick pony!'
Lyrical and moderately accurate !... 8/10 !. 😎

Have a good and healthy 2019 Lord S !.

ON STANLEY ! .. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 09:02   #24
Full Member+

we were completely out played , but we can put it down to experience , put it behind us and look forward to the next game.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 09:30   #25
God Member

Have to say the arrogant celebration by Bennett in front of our fans after he'd dug Anderton in the head on his way to nodding in their third goal & the handball which was ignored seconds before Toney added the final one did leave a bad taste in the mouth, sour grapes - maybe? Then again, you only have to look at who their manager is & such behaviour isn't totally unexpected
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 09:35   #26
God Member

[QUOTE=choirboy;1221273][B][COLOR="Sienna"]We were really poor today with the majority of our players probably having their worst game ever in a Stanley shirt![

that was our problem yesterday as you maybe can carry a couple who are having off days but when the whole team looks tired and jaded then you have problems. for me its pointless having a large squad of players when they never get used. is it coleys loyalty to some or does he not rate the others. if the latter is the case we might try and get rid of some in january and bring in players who he thinks can do a job.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 09:39   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
we were completely out played , but we can put it down to experience , put it behind us and look forward to the next game.
more funny results today than ours. spurs beaten at home, oldham win 4-1 after being hammered 6 nil in their previous game. with 5 games to play in 15 days no wonder you get off days and odd results. one thing for sure we will not loose 4 nil at bradford on new years day.
Old 30-12-2018, 10:30   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
more funny results today than ours.... one thing for sure we will not loose 4 nil at bradford on new years day.
Is that the same Bradford who also won 0-4 at Rochdale yesterday?
Hope you’re right and that the Voodoo Gods aren’t listening.
yonmon likes this.
Old 30-12-2018, 10:40   #29
God Member

Quote:
Is that the same Bradford who also won 0-4 at Rochdale yesterday?
Hope you’re right and that the Voodoo Gods aren’t listening.
actually more confident of getting something at bradford than if they,d lost 4 nil and we,d have won 4 nil. its a funny old game as greavesy used to say.
Old 30-12-2018, 11:50   #30
God Member

Just a couple of observations from one who wasn’t there but has watched, in agony, the so-called highlights!
Criticism of Sir Billy when he’s alone up front seems a tad unfair. Has always seemed to me that his role then is not to be Roy of the Rovers, and be able to beat an entire defence single-handedly before smashing the ball in the net. His primary job, as Chevyfire noted, is to receive, control, and lay off to on-rushing colleagues. Of the three first-half ‘chances’ shown the video, Billy did that in two of them.
I suspect it wasn’t hand ball by the Posh player in the box. Looked like he probably used his chest to control the ball, but it was his bosom that was on the wrong side of the Clayton End but the right side for the ref.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..