Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2019, 09:51   #31

Re: Charlton Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Forget about the controversial incidents to start with.
We were second best in the middle of the park.
Yet again our left side was targeted to great effect.
That said we created a couple of decent chances - but not as many as Charlton.
Now for the controversy.
I have no idea what kicked off when Charlton scored and who did what when how.
That’s with the benefit of looking at it now at least five times online and live so how the sendings off came about I don’t know.
Now the handball.
I immediately put my head in my hands when it happened.
I thought he left his arm out there.
If I’m honest had the boot been on the other foot I’d have been demanding a penalty.
That said the ref had the best view and said no.
How on earth the linesman could be so definitive baffles me.
We’re in a battle now and need to start getting points on the board.
Gillingham away is critical - we need something.
Next week is a distraction for me.
Hi 28. I agree with nearly everything that you have said. But:

Next week is not a distraction, its the FA Cup and we will enjoy it. Just as the Manager, players and staff were defeated yesterday they have earned the right to play Derby County in the next round of the FA Cup. The football season isn't just about where you finish its a bit like life itself......it's about all the games that you play along the way....so cheer up, enjoy next week and support our Stanley!
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 4 others like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2019, 10:11   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The F.A. Cup has NEVER been a distraction to a club like ours, Have just read Charltons Manager says he has watched the video a few times, and can see NO reason either player was sent off. Seems to me the ref completely lost the plot at the end of the match? How can someone be looking Directly at an incident from about 10 feet away, and then take notice of someone on the far side of the pitch and has a restricted view? They cant fine me so that makes Busby a complete Numpty in my view.
smudgie likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 20-01-2019 at 10:16.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 10:26   #33
Senior Member+

I didn't say it was a distraction to the club - I said for me personally.

Would I swap the Ipswich result for 3 points ? I would.
Just how I feel.
If we come out of it with no injuries or suspensions that will help.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 11:31   #34
God Member

Looking again (it's the masochist in me) at Charlton's disallowed goal, it appears that Taylor is backing into Maxted when he's in the air. So the decision to disallow it seems a good one.
But why Maxted then got sent off is less clear. He does appear to struggle 'energetically' out from under the couple of Charlton players who were lying on top of him. Perhaps they were doing more than just lying on him, who knows? It'll be interesting to see if the club appeal the sending off.
Etimov had a baptism of fire yesterday and I can't help but wonder if, had Maxted stayed on, the penalty, however well taken, might have been saved.

As to the next match, I'm glad, not only because the FA Cup is crucial to a club like Stanley, but also it may allow a bit more time for regrouping before the real fight for league survival resumes.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 12:23   #35
Senior Member+

I understand that but we’ve a league game 72 hours later with a lot of travelling to do.
Old 20-01-2019, 12:35   #36
Super Moderator

The Charlton goal was disallowed as before the corner kick was taken ( take 1) the exact same incident occurred, Taylor fouling Maxted and his Stanley "marker". Referee stopped kick being taken and warned Taylor "no more".
Take 2 of the corner kick there was another foul committed on Jony, but the referee delayed by a couple of seconds blowing for the foul. In this split second the ball was headed in and the melee started; as by this stand, Jony, Taylor and others had all fallen over.

IF the referee had blown as the ball was kicked it is likely the incident IMHO these incidents would have occurred.

Likewise the penalty was given by a assistant referee who around 20 yards away.

I was sat near the tunnel on the opposite to the linesman so same distance away. The only thing I heard was the roar from the crowd.

Yes Gills away on the Tuesday night is a big game, but I'm sure we'll prepare as best we can.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 12:43   #37

Charlton fans tweeting and copying in the EFL over a rugby like footscrape from one of our players on the head of Taylor when running into the melee . Not seen it ?
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 12:58   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Charlton fans tweeting and copying in the EFL over a rugby like footscrape from one of our players on the head of Taylor when running into the melee . Not seen it ?
Yes quite a few Charlton fans trying to drag our players,fans, club and his dog through the gutter I empathize a few trying to spoil what was a great day out what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch true Charlton fans were great.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 13:07   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Every club has a quota of tosspots even us. people should just ignore em i think, unless they really go OTT.
andyd likes this.
Old 20-01-2019, 13:34   #40
Senior Member+

Charlton fan accidentally wiping out one of his team’s players https://buff.ly/2FD0CJm
yonmon likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 14:07   #41
Senior Member+

Charlton are appealing Taylor’s sending off and also say we should appeal Maxted’s.
Old 20-01-2019, 14:42   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
If that had happened I doubt Taylor would have had that irksome grin on his face as he was leaving the field, made my blood boil almost more than Maxted's sending off.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 15:41   #43

Finley rather disgracefully stamped on the head of one of their players, and Jimmy Bell is, in my opinion, very wrong with his post match interview.
Would be nice if the players and management could approach things in the same way as chairman and fans....although I understand that tensions will rise higher for them.

Any reason why a linesman can’t vehemently express his belief that a penalty should be given and the ref change his mind as a result? - just because the ref is closer does not mean he gets a clearer view. I’d say that’s a team of officials operating well and trusting each other.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 15:43   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Finley rather disgracefully stamped on the head of one of their players, and Jimmy Bell is, in my opinion, very wrong with his post match interview.
Would be nice if the players and management could approach things in the same way as chairman and fans....although I understand that tensions will rise higher for them.

Any reason why a linesman can’t vehemently express his belief that a penalty should be given and the ref change his mind as a result? - just because the ref is closer does not mean he gets a clearer view. I’d say that’s a team of officials operating well and trusting each other.
If yeh watched it the ref was about 10foot away with an unobstructed view, unless i'm blind. also if Finley stamped on somebodys head that just shows how wrong the official were.
Old 20-01-2019, 17:08   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

Just howJimmy was wrong for having the guts to say it how it is? I didn't see Sam stamp on anyone but then again it was difficult to make out exactly what did happen during the melee in the goalmouth, at least it was from the highlights. Maybe you were there & had a better view?
For what it's worth I think it probably was a penalty, albeit a soft one, but if the ref had a grip on the game & not allowed the free for all in the first place there wouldn't have been as much time added on & more than likely no penalty decision to make
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..