Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2019, 20:04   #16

Re: The Scunthrope game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
How many nil nils do we need to stay up?
Ah an optimist thinking we’d get nil !
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2019, 20:13   #17

Lol.

As it stands, we're in the poodoo. On the plus side we've got a 3 point head start and at least 2 games in hand - against Sunderland, Blackpool and Oxford. We MUST beat Oxford and get something againdt one of the others.

But we need to solve the goal drought. We seem to be creating the chances so whats going wrong? Does Billy need resting? We need to settle on a partner for him asap because it wont do us any good to keep swapping about. Personally i like the look of Armstrong as we carry an aerial threat with him in the side
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 00:40   #18

Sorry John excuse after excuse not good enough you pick the team every poor ??
Old 10-02-2019, 07:48   #19
God Member

if we did manage to win 4 games on the bounce we,d be in the top half of the table and same for other clubs around us. most of these players were in the side when we were getting good results so the team should be able to do it again. coley has some hard work to do in the next few weeks to really lift the lads.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:51   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Lol.

As it stands, we're in the poodoo. On the plus side we've got a 3 point head start and at least 2 games in hand - against Sunderland, Blackpool and Oxford. We MUST beat Oxford and get something againdt one of the others.

But we need to solve the goal drought. We seem to be creating the chances so whats going wrong? Does Billy need resting? We need to settle on a partner for him asap because it wont do us any good to keep swapping about. Personally i like the look of Armstrong as we carry an aerial threat with him in the side
Agree about Armstrong was our best player at Charlton very unlucky not to score took a great save to stop him ok cup tied against Derby but should have been in against Gillingham Coleman talks about personel changes but never makes many as I have said in previous posts midfield very weak can't handle quick counter attacks which occur a lot due to our constant forays forward down the flanks, if you want to play Kee up-front with a Smyth type player more attacks must come through the center crossing constantly to small forwards isn't working.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:37   #21

So we need young Stamp Finley back in asap!
ferret man likes this.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:55   #22
Senior Member+

After yesterday’s inept defensive display it’s Sykes we need back urgently.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:06   #23

Since the 20th October, we have won just 2 games. It is much deeper than Finley and Sykes.
We can’t retain possession in the middle , teams run through us, the non tackle on the edge of the box for their second typified us. Coleman needs to settle his differences before pride takes us down.
andyd and ferret man like this.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:12   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
After yesterday’s inept defensive display it’s Sykes we need back urgently.
But the defence is constantly on the back foot because of a spineless midfield with no aggression in it Finlay is a bit more aggressive but loses his head too often would like Scotty in there 1st choice with the rest built around him,also Maxted looked suspect positionally yesterday for both goals.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:42   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Since the 20th October, we have won just 2 games. It is much deeper than Finley and Sykes.
We can’t retain possession in the middle , teams run through us, the non tackle on the edge of the box for their second typified us. Coleman needs to settle his differences before pride takes us down.
You’re right Simpson but look at the poor attempt at a clearing header by Hughes just before that.
The back five (includes the keeper) were appalling yesterday.
Janoi looks like a player playing catch up due to inactivity and here we go again has never been and never will be a left back.
Callum has always been effective on the front foot but can easily be exposed when we’re in the back foot.
Hughes hardly won a thing all day.
Ben looked lost - communication with the keeper non existent.
Maxted - should have saved them both distribution poor.

But let’s be clear I could go through the lot of them and struggle to find a good word anywhere.
I can’t think of a worse performance since I started watching.
ferret man likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:59   #26

Yet another game where we had more possession, more shots & almost twice as many corners & yet contrived to lose the game.
The defence are getting some stick, but when you look at the table the real reason is evident.
1. Two teams above us have a worse goal difference than ours.
2. Three teams below have a better goal difference than ours.
3. We have the lowest goals scored bar one - the bottom club.
Of the above facts, no.3 is the most relevant.
We just can't buy a goal at the moment & is the main reason we are where we are.
They say attack is the best form of defence, but we retreat into our own half as soon as opponents regain possession, allowing teams to build attacks unopposed.
Our forwards should be harrying opposing defenders & keepers at all times.
Frankly, I'd swap Zanzala, Smyth & Armstrong for one Paul Mullin.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 13:21   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Frankly, I'd swap Zanzala, Smyth & Armstrong for one Paul Mullin.
What a pity we couldn't swap them all for Jackson.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 14:16   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
What a pity we couldn't swap them all for Jackson.
That would be the same Mullin who took a dive for Swindon to win a penalty against us last season.
Unless free agent and out of contract, we are stuck with what we have. Short of signing Huey, Dewey, and Louie from Disney F.C. I can only suggest we do something in midfield and become harder to run thru which will allow a front 3 to stretch and get behind which is what Jackson did.
Old 10-02-2019, 14:40   #29

"That would be the same Mullin who took a dive for Swindon to win a penalty against us last season."

No

Old 10-02-2019, 14:41   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
That would be the same Mullin who took a dive for Swindon to win a penalty against us last season.
Unless free agent and out of contract, we are stuck with what we have. Short of signing Huey, Dewey, and Louie from Disney F.C. I can only suggest we do something in midfield and become harder to run thru which will allow a front 3 to stretch and get behind which is what Jackson did.
I think Lord S was talking about THE Paul Mullin, not his diminutive namesake
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..