Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 12:56   #31
Full Member+

Re: Sky Blues Match Thread

Wouldn't like to try and sell someone a season ticket on the back of watching that load of c***.
KiTChener likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2019, 20:47   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Personally would have started with a big lad assisting billy up front, it would be more beneficial in my view, then at half time would defo have brought another attacker on, cos after first 10 mins or so we never looked like scoring.its points we need and should use the best way to get em.
Easy to criticise after the event. Yes we weren’t good at all yesterday however I guarantee if Smyth was dropped then you 100% would have had a moan about that.
We were poor yesterday and there were many thing not very good and worrying, but the team selection particularly the strikers weren’t a worry for me pre match.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 20:49   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
I'm afraid he's a very stubborn man but it might be his downfall. Looking at our run in hard to find where we will pick up points.
Stubborn in what way? Who would you have dropped yesterday? Is this the same stubborness that has got us promoted to League One and still in a great position to maintain that position!!
Old 03-03-2019, 21:26   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Stubborn in what way? Who would you have dropped yesterday? Is this the same stubborness that has got us promoted to League One and still in a great position to maintain that position!!
Your fifth post and I'm impressed by your perspicacity already... keep it up !.

On STANLEY ... ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 00:22   #35

Why drop big Ben and put the Dom at CB ? He's not even a CB.he got promoted last season that's history now.it what he does this season that's important and he leaves it late to make subs if any at all.
Old 04-03-2019, 00:51   #36

So why did we go to Coventry 17/18 and play them of the park won 2 nill.lineup A.Chapman.k.Jackson.L.Nolan.s.Connelly.H.Rodgers.j .Dunne. then at the weekend dismal display.Evtimdv.Donacien.Gibson.zanzla.Finley.Barl aser.Smyth.Armstrong. that's history son
Old 04-03-2019, 06:25   #37
Senior Member+

I wasn’t going to post this but...For anyone that doesn’t know, I was mascot at the game on Saturday after my mates had stitched me up into doing it for my birthday after them raising £500 for charity, A charity that Ex Stanley player Paul Howarth set up!

I’ve raised £1175 so far but would ask if anyone has any spare change to please donate what/if they can!

Please see the links below...

https://www.facebook.com/28246725224...426690?sfns=mo

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=GXkWmbQvg
Old 04-03-2019, 06:55   #38
God Member

Quote:
Why drop big Ben and put the Dom at CB ? He's not even a CB.he got promoted last season that's history now.it what he does this season that's important and he leaves it late to make subs if any at all.
On Donician,s Wikipedia profile he is described as a right back/centre back were does Coley play him left back were for 2 seasons was constantly our best player maybe John thinks he is Mr versatile don,t know I quite like Big Ben but he just had 2 shocking games previously we are missing young Sykes in there but that aside Saturday was just woeful football to watch from both sides how Robins can say they played well is beyond me.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:59   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Wouldn't like to try and sell someone a season ticket on the back of watching that load of c***.
Fortunately, most of us who buy our season tickets don't base whether we get one for next season on just one game . . . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:20   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Fortunately, most of us who buy our season tickets don't base whether we get one for next season on just one game . . . . . . .
Everyone knows that, but the object surely is to increase our gate? that display certainly never helped.
ferret man likes this.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:56   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Everyone knows that, but the object surely is to increase our gate? that display certainly never helped.
Cashy !... ON a slightly different note ... Do you reckon, after watching Liam Kelly's great midfield leadership of Coventry City on Saturday, and comparing that with the non-existent and lame efforts of the one wearing Stanley's Captains armband that this is one area of weakness in the squad that isn't addressed that often or at any depth !.

Just wondering if he's the right man for the job ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:13   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Easy to criticise after the event. Yes we weren’t good at all yesterday however I guarantee if Smyth was dropped then you 100% would have had a moan about that.
We were poor yesterday and there were many thing not very good and worrying, but the team selection particularly the strikers weren’t a worry for me pre match.
What you on about? only a fool would criticize before the event, after if its good or rubbish people will say so, if Smyth ( who i like) had been dropped to the bench and a big lad replaced him i could get the reason.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:49   #43

Quote:
What you on about? only a fool would criticize before the event, after if its good or rubbish people will say so, if Smyth ( who i like) had been dropped to the bench and a big lad replaced him i could get the reason.
That’s exactly my point. Smyth who has been playing well for me, deserved another go in the starting 11 so I can’t criticise that. Yes after the game we can all say we should have approached certain things differently but that is easy after the game and no one knew how it was going to pan out.
Anyway, it was an extremely poor performance and time to move on to tomorrow’s massive game now.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:52   #44

Quote:
So why did we go to Coventry 17/18 and play them of the park won 2 nill.lineup A.Chapman.k.Jackson.L.Nolan.s.Connelly.H.Rodgers.j .Dunne. then at the weekend dismal display.Evtimdv.Donacien.Gibson.zanzla.Finley.Barl aser.Smyth.Armstrong. that's history son
I’m lost with this. Jackson/Dunne/Chapman all not at the club currently??
Nolan hasn’t played at all this season so I didn’t expect him to start.
Rodgers also not really been in the team and I’d have been surprised if he played.
We played extremely poorly on Saturday but let’s remember its a different Coventry team from 12 months ago also
Old 04-03-2019, 09:53   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
....Just wondering if he's the right man for the job ??.
In the absence of Conneely (which raises an entirely different debate) I think you may have a point, Yonmon.
Sean McMarmite has many qualities but i’m not convinced being the type of brave, battling, ‘leader-of-men’ captain, which Stanley seem to be missing, is one of them.
Not sure who could otherwise do the job though, if the likes of Yosser Hughes doesn’t want the job.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..