Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2019, 16:36   #31
God Member

Re: the vs Fleetwood match thread

[QUOTE=choirboy;1226298]Billy definitely pushed the defender. I could even see if cleary from the Clayton End.

as if billy never gets pushed by a defender and nothings given even the 3rd and 4th time it happens.
choirboy likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2019, 16:43   #32
God Member

[QUOTE=Simpson;1226284]

As for Barton , he can go suck on a fisherman’s friend.

waist of a good throat lozenge. some people in the game you can listen to for hours but that dick barton special manager it was seconds of my life i wasted listening . not sour grapes either as i,ve no gripes with his club.
Old 31-03-2019, 16:56   #33
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1226307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Billy definitely pushed the defender. I could even see if cleary from the Clayton End.

as if billy never gets pushed by a defender and nothings given even the 3rd and 4th time it happens.
Exactly, & if you watch the footage of Fleetwood's goal their 6'7 giant scorer knocks two of our players down on his way through
Old 31-03-2019, 19:44   #34

Unfortunately, the defeat yesterday followed a pattern which is becoming depressingly common.
'We didn't deserve to lose'. 'We could have won'. 'We should have won'
It's natural to blame the team but how much is due to our predictable game plan, which never changes win, draw or lose.
Our League 1 opponents know exactly how we play. They analyse our strengths & our weaknesses.
They've learnt that if they press our back line, we'll make mistakes or revert to the long ball.
If they mark Kee & Smyth closer than a duck's a***, they'll nullify our attack.
Fleetwood just added a bit of gbh to the mix yesterday to make doubly sure.
It was clear by half-time we were struggling to combat Barton's game-plan, but no changes were made until the 73rd minute.
Yes, a few of our players are struggling to step up to League 1 level. Perhaps the same can be said of the management?
Revived Red, pifco and StanleyJosh like this.
Old 31-03-2019, 20:26   #35
Senior Member+

A really disappointing performance. Sad to say but Fleetwood were far more organised. As soon as an attack broke down, they immediately returned to an organised shape - and we looked clueless. We ended up hoofing the ball towards Billy Kee who was unlikely to win very much against a giant centre back.

It also seems very odd to have two right-footed players as left back and left wing. All defenders will know that the pair of them will switch the ball to their right foot to centre it. So predictable and easy to defend.

StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 31-03-2019, 22:41   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Yes, a few of our players are struggling to step up to League 1 level. Perhaps the same can be said of the management?
Hark, do I hear an echo from across the League 2 years?

As a Johnny-come-lately bandwagon jumper, I wasn't on AccyWeb when we got promoted to the Conference, but I bet someone said it then too

You might even be right, if you say it when we get to the Championship as you were hoping we might, back in October. But for now I'll keep on keeping on keeping the faith
AccyMad likes this.
Old 31-03-2019, 23:26   #37
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

If its true Back stabber or what after all Stanley's dune for you
Quote:
But it was not just Holt that got Barton's back up.The Town boss also says he used comments from Accrington's players for motivation before the clash.The alleged comments about 'battering' Fleetwood in the reverse 1-1 draw at Highbury are believed to have been brought to Barton's attention by first team coach and ex-Accrington striker Andy Mangan this week.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:03   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
If its true Back stabber or what after all Stanley's dune for you
Doesn't surprise me one bit, was glad when he left & he's just the sort of person a bloke like Joey Barton would surround himself with - good riddance
Old 01-04-2019, 08:55   #39
Full Member+

Definitely echo what Revived Red has stated.

Fleetwood were well organised, and seemed to comfortabley eliminate any threat we could of posed.
Billy was took out of the game by a strong and tall centre half.
Janoi wears two right boots so there was no surprise there wasn't a single cross in from him on the left. Unfortunate really as I really like/rate him but he just hasn't come back the same player that left.
I also noticed some comments he has made about Paul Lambert texting him and keeping in touch saying he wants him back at Ipswich over the summer etc, that must be playing on his mind rather than thinking he must impress for potential suitors if he was on his way out...
Sean missed a golden opportunity and you really would expect him to do better.
No composure throughout the team (glad to see Seamus back however, did his job reasonably well)
Erico looked lively when he came on and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at his contribution, he beat his man a couple of times and delivered some good crosses into the box. Also his corner he took at the end actually beat the first man hurrrahhhh!!!!

Dimi made 1 or 2 good saves, I have to feel the one he saved with his legs in the first half - if that was Jonny in goal we'd be 1-0 down at that point. His kicking is absolutely shocking though -.-

Was surprised when I saw the line up - initially thought it was 4-3-3 but it seemed to be more of a 4-1-3-2.

Wouldn't of played Smyth out wide as he was constantly marked all game.
Wouldn't of started Armstrong. Said it before, too much like Connor Hall. He played as a striker for what, 70 minutes of the match? Can't recall him once facing the Fleetwood goal with the ball at his feet, or even having a shot.

Think Erico for Armstrong was the right call as it gave us a bit more creativity and pace out wide whilst allowing Smyth to push more central.
Would of liked Dan to of come on maybe after the hour mark.
Surprised with the Callum for Harvey sub. Callum was obviously fresher and is slightly more attacking. But given Harvey can play CB, I'd of taken off Janoi who was absolutely blowing at the end and put on Scotty to allow Barlaser and Sam to play more attacking. Or even lumped Ross Sykes up front and brought on Big Ben as well.

Onto Wednesday now, we can't change the past but we can change the future.
Not 100% confident - depends on team selection and formation....

Keep The Faith. 2-2 at their place and 1-1 after 70 mins at ours.

Come On Stanley!!
Old 01-04-2019, 08:57   #40
Full Member+

Oh, and can't really moan at Fleetwoods time-wasting tactics at the end.

I would hope we would of done similar if we were in that position!
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Doesn't surprise me one bit, was glad when he left & he's just the sort of person a bloke like Joey Barton would surround himself with - good riddance
Don’t disagree, that said his “big money” move from Bala Town in the summer always smacked of a “thank you” on historical matters which is very disappointing for those of us around at our lowest integrity point.

Anyone quoting our budget in future separate debates just think about this wasted salary, the unused loanees and their housing costs. We could do much better with our money before we start highlighting Fleetwood budget etc etc.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:32   #42

I mean when we signed Andy Mangan we didn’t exactly have an abundance of attacking options, especially after losing Kayden.
As for your jibe about wasted budget, shall we just have 11 players? Every team has a squad and I’m sure if you go through Fleetwoods they will have players who haven’t featured much. Thats just the way football is nowadays. Most in our squad have had a chance in the last 6 months at some point.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:47   #43
Full Member+

Think the signing of Mangy wasn't just about his playing time on the pitch.
Worked well for him being someone he knew and enjoyed,around close friends, whilst being given the opportunity to progress with his coaching badges.
Worked well for Accy to have his energy and enthusiasm around the club.
Alot of the players have spoken highly about him this season.

Unused loanees are unused for a reason.
Housing costs would be there regardless....
Mr T likes this.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:16   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dont get what any fuss is about? if a player signs for any team his job is to be responsible fer that side, not any side he was with before. so slagging him for that is rather pathetic in my view.
ASFC1019 likes this.
Old 01-04-2019, 18:09   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont get what any fuss is about? if a player signs for any team his job is to be responsible fer that side, not any side he was with before. so slagging him for that is rather pathetic in my view.
Hallelujah brother.
Andy owes us nothing.
If he had a pop at Shrewsbury in the sane manner that wouldn’t give a @@@@.
It really becomes tedious when people think ex players owe previous clubs a dime .... they don’t.
MikeA and Mr T like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..