Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2019, 18:56   #46
Full Member+

Re: Wimbledon today thread.

Just bumped into the Blackpool lads in services.
Doing best to abduct Nick Anderson and bring him back haha!
AccyNew likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2019, 19:00   #47
God Member

Im quite proud of our League 1 club that has a league 2 team, plays in a Conference stadium in front of Conference North crowds on Unibond pitch and pays the third lowest wages in the EFL

improve all of them by 2 levels and we're in the Prem. Then I'm leaving
Old 06-04-2019, 19:06   #48
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Just bumped into the Blackpool lads in services.
Doing best to abduct Nick Anderson and bring him back haha!
Try harder , Havnt been the same team since his Departure and replaced with Donacien. Also think Ihiekwe was a massive loss, what I’d do for a back four of Johnson Sykes Ihiekwe Anderton.

Love Hughesy and he’s our only real leader but his legs have gone.
AccyNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 19:46   #49
Senior Member+

Controversial comment coming up.
If Barlaser and Finlay had started in centre mid today we would have lost.
Conneely and Brown doing the dirty work.

Delighted to see Clark back and firing on all cylinders. The enforced lay off has helped no end with his injury.
How on earth he’s accumulated the yellow card tally I do not know.
I really want to see that “penalty” back again before saying anything but it looked nailed on to me.
We’re going to be fine.
I’m actually looking forward to midweek.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 20:16   #50
God Member

I was wrong. Just seen the 47 seconds of “highlights” and it was certainly a penalty. Maybe the Wimbledon player figured he could get away with it twice.

Also agree with 28 (). Messrs Conneely and Brown turned out to be a good choice in a roughty-toughty game, and neither Finlay nor (briefly) Barlaser made that much impact.
But, at home, Stanley will need to be more creative in midfield.
For much of this game Stanley’s tactic comprised the back four passing the ball sideways across the pitch, with Wimbledon backing off until they slowly approached the half way line, only for a long ball to be then hoofed up for our ‘midget gems’ to try and win headers against much bigger defenders.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 21:05   #51
Senior Member+

I take your point Exile.
However we need one in midfield with a defensive mentality even at home. It would be wrong to go trigger happy against Rochdale.
I’d go three at the back.
Dimi
Sykes Hughes Ben
Johnson Finlay Conneeely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth

Time to give Janoi a break.
AccyNew likes this.
Old 06-04-2019, 21:27   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with giving janoi a break, for me he aint been anywhere near the player that went to ipswich.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-04-2019, 22:24   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree with giving janoi a break, for me he aint been anywhere near the player that went to ipswich.
Cashy, maybe he doesn't have a commitment as he knows he's going to be involved with Ipswich next season in league one, come what may
Old 06-04-2019, 22:36   #54
Full Member+

I would suggest sousa should start up front for a few games. Billy on the bench and used as an impact sub. This will give him the time he needs to recover from the battering he gets every week. Smyth is quick but inexperienced, He wastes a lot of energy chasing fresh air. However I do think we will scrape through.
Kiwi John and mab like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 22:42   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I would suggest sousa should start up front for a few games. Billy on the bench and used as an impact sub. This will give him the time he needs to recover from the battering he gets every week. Smyth is quick but inexperienced, He wastes a lot of energy chasing fresh air. However I do think we will scrape through.
Sousa is a five aside player IMO
monkey hanger and AccyNew like this.
Old 06-04-2019, 23:25   #56
Full Member+

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1226706]The fact you could see that from where you, KJ, just about sums up the ref’s performance!
However, that was an extremely nervy 95 minutes of football.
There was no Stanley MotM for me, but equally no-one who let the side down.

I thought Sykes was the outstanding player for Stanley today and must be in contention for Young Player of the season, if not , with Finley a possible Player of Season. Tough game today. Nervy and twitchy for the last twenty minutes. Both sides are probably very happy with a point given other results at the bottom of L1. Tuesday v Rochdale is a must win.
cashman and AccyNew like this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:31   #57
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1226717
But, at home, Stanley will need to be more creative in midfield.
For much of this game Stanley’s tactic comprised the back four passing the ball sideways across the pitch, with Wimbledon backing off until they slowly approached the half way line, only for a long ball to be then hoofed up for our ‘midget gems’ to try and win headers against much bigger defenders.[/QUOTE]

so it was like every week. agree with a more creative mid fielder to start on tuesday night though. the sunderland game showed that we were better second half by getting on the front foot than being defensive like the first half.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:38   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Cashy, maybe he doesn't have a commitment as he knows he's going to be involved with Ipswich next season in league one, come what may
quite possibly but thats no excuse as far as i'm concerned.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:02   #59
God Member

Rochdale on Tuesday will be a battle apparently they played quite well against Sunderland so the team selected has to be up for a fight tactics and guile go out the window at this stage alright a win would be nice but we could settle for a point just don't lose.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:15   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
quite possibly but thats no excuse as far as i'm concerned.
On the money mate.
Plus if that’s the case bench him.
Loanees allegedly not putting the effort in make my blood boil.
It happens all over the place not just Accy.
Said it before said it again too much reliance on the loan market leaves you open to this.
Anyone else think Barlaser has mysteriously lost form as end of season approaches ?
Probably because he’s an idea where he’ll be next season and it’s not with us.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..