Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2019, 09:49   #61
Junior Member+

Re: Wimbledon today thread.

Think your right their 28, Dans form has dipped, still a great player by the way. However I’d pick Sam over Scotty for Tuesday night with Seamus sitting picking up the pieces. Not that Scotty did anything wrong. Same as Donacien at fault for two goals in the last two games wonder if there is something in his loan contract that means he has to play so many games there’s no way he should be starting over Johnson,offers Nothing going forward and hasn’t been the same defender who left us last season. Johnson back in to link up with Clark provide us a real threat down the right with them two with Rochdale being a must win. I’ve also been disappointed with Paul since the Sunderland game however he is the only real option up there with Billy with Zanzala seemingly way out of favour.

Think my Team for Tuesday:
Dimi
Johnson Sykes Hughes Richards-Everton
Clark Coneely Finley Mconville
Smyth Kee

Only one loanee
Twenty Eight likes this.
AccyNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2019, 09:58   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
For much of this game Stanley’s tactic comprised the back four passing the ball sideways across the pitch, with Wimbledon backing off until they slowly approached the half way line, only for a long ball to be then hoofed up for our ‘midget gems’ to try and win headers against much bigger defenders.
Exactly the same as against Fleetwood. And probably, as Monkey Hanger says, in other games that I have not attended.

We have become so very predictable.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:01   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyNew View Post
Think your right their 28, Dans form has dipped, still a great player by the way. However I’d pick Sam over Scotty for Tuesday night with Seamus sitting picking up the pieces. Not that Scotty did anything wrong. Same as Donacien at fault for two goals in the last two games wonder if there is something in his loan contract that means he has to play so many games there’s no way he should be starting over Johnson,offers Nothing going forward and hasn’t been the same defender who left us last season. Johnson back in to link up with Clark provide us a real threat down the right with them two with Rochdale being a must win. I’ve also been disappointed with Paul since the Sunderland game however he is the only real option up there with Billy with Zanzala seemingly way out of favour.

Dimi
Smyth Kee

Only one loanee
I,d try Sousa in for Smyth and keep Scott in for the start Finley good option off the bench no loanees.
Chrisr likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:17   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyNew View Post

Dimi
Smyth Kee

Only one loanee
Earlier I put my team. Same 11 just a different formation.
You may have a valid point about the loan terms.
All will be revealed on Tuesday with Coleys line up.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:53   #65
Senior Member+

I thought I'd gone to the Wimbledon match yesterday but obviously, given the criticism of Janoi in the last few posts, I must have got lost somewhere - in the game I did go to, a No 4 with Donacien written across his back provided the only significant attacking threat the team in red presented in the entire first 45 minutes, overlapping down the right.

Odd how people can see things completely differently …...
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:23   #66
Senior Member+

It’s all about opinions mate.
I’m judging him for his defending.
What did you think to his positioning for their goal ?
Old 07-04-2019, 12:45   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It’s all about opinions mate.
I’m judging him for his defending.
What did you think to his positioning for their goal ?
Not great, but what did you think of our tracking of the actual goal scorer coming from midfield. Coneeley would have got the best view whilst laying on the floor with a token tackle.

Appreciate he’s family, but you’ve got more front than Blackpool in pushing his case for inclusion at the expense of others who have contributed significantly throughout the vast majority of the year.

4 points from our last 6 games, a repeat of that and we are down. Whilst yesterday was vital, I lost count of the number of goal line scrambles that we survived.

As you say, just opinions!
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 13:02   #68
Senior Member+

If you read what I’ve put I’ve said he’s one of only two midfielders with a defensive gene.
That makes inclusion or exclusion tough.
We need a defensive midfielder.
I’ve no problems at all in saying that if we’d signed one or if Scotty was on the top of his game he wouldn’t be in.
Now in the case of Janoi there are other options - Johnson and Rodgers and on current form I think they are better options.
Both are our players as well not just marking time to return to a parent club.
Hope that makes my opinion clear and it is only that an opinion.
Old 07-04-2019, 13:35   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cannot comment on Janois performance yesterday but can comment on others i have witnessed since he returned, and he has been nothing at all like the lad who left us, and he was one of my favorite players, and i know quite a few others who think the same, if he did ok yesterday i sure hope that continues.
Old 07-04-2019, 14:20   #70

I’m sorry 28, we’ll just have to disagree. For what it’s worth I enjoy your posts and when I have need to check them out from those inside the club, they are mostly accurate, so please keep them coming even if your just enjoying the wind up.

That said, in this topic and others you seem to spend half your life championing Seamus’s defensive qualities in the aim to displace another midfielder. That’s fine but earlier in this thread you inferred Barlaser isn’t trying and yet when Seamus stinks the place out, it’s always an injury.

You then call Janoi out for a goal (don’t disagree) but you omit to provide a full picture. The goal is scored by a runner from midfield who wasn’t tracked by “our best defensive midfielder”. I thought that at the time and the highlights confirm same.

As I say I enjoy your insight, but your background will have taught you the power of what you don’t say and I don’t appreciate being “played” and how you try and shape debate for your own interested ends. No one else to my knowledge does that on here.

As for Seamus and his “injury” , both my dog and I have thought he’s looked good in full training when out on our walks the last few months. He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

As I say, happy to disagree and move on to prevent the thread being closed.
Old 07-04-2019, 15:48   #71
Senior Member+

Simpson,
Mate as long as you're consistent I have no problem but with respect I'm not alone with what has been said about loanees - Barlaser and Janoi in particular. Cashman has a view so does Accynew so does Lord Love Rocket so lets not see this as personal.
If you query Conneely has been injured you may wish to ask your insiders' about his treatment and injections.
How about we close it to prevent being told by others to do so.
Old 07-04-2019, 16:09   #72
Senior Member+

He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

I don't understand that comment at all Simpson. You've lost me.
Old 07-04-2019, 16:15   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
I’m sorry 28, we’ll just have to disagree. For what it’s worth I enjoy your posts and when I have need to check them out from those inside the club, they are mostly accurate, so please keep them coming even if your just enjoying the wind up.

That said, in this topic and others you seem to spend half your life championing Seamus’s defensive qualities in the aim to displace another midfielder. That’s fine but earlier in this thread you inferred Barlaser isn’t trying and yet when Seamus stinks the place out, it’s always an injury.

You then call Janoi out for a goal (don’t disagree) but you omit to provide a full picture. The goal is scored by a runner from midfield who wasn’t tracked by “our best defensive midfielder”. I thought that at the time and the highlights confirm same.

As I say I enjoy your insight, but your background will have taught you the power of what you don’t say and I don’t appreciate being “played” and how you try and shape debate for your own interested ends. No one else to my knowledge does that on here.

As for Seamus and his “injury” , both my dog and I have thought he’s looked good in full training when out on our walks the last few months. He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

As I say, happy to disagree and move on to prevent the thread being closed.
Simpson !..
Everyone stating an opinion regarding the Captain on this forum is, as far as your protagonist is concerned, for obvious reasons going to find it received with some
feelings of suspicion , which one can read every now and again in his replies to posts containing some criticism of the weaknesses in this players lack of skill and leadership qualities.
We have all witnessed his style of play and formed and stated our opinions of this and hoped that users of the forum would accept our opinion, even if these are made with some personal motivation. Therefore, 28 is like you and I entitled to his opinion whether or not it makes any sense to the rest of us !.
This of course does not absolve the direct verbal sniping currently prevalent betwixt two of the Forum's users. This does nothing but belittle the perpetrators in the eyes of others, and I am always happy when our Moderator draws these embarrassing threads to a deserved conclusion !.
There !.. My Sunday afternoon rant is over.. The ire it contains probably motivated by knowing that a trip away means that Seat D51 will be vacant on Tuesday night and Mab will have to make twice as much noise to make up for this !.

KTF ! ON STANLEY ON !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 17:43   #74

Yonmon, given that I’m supposedly on the end of 28’s sniping, at no point do I feel sniped. Equally read my post and on several occasions I reinforce the accuracy of a lot of his posts and encourage him to continue. I doubt he would consider same, indeed sniping would appear to be in the eyes of the beholder and we are both direct but fair in my opinion.

My challenge was merely my perception of fairness and I believe both of us agreed to disagree and move on respectfully with playful and respectful parting digs which is what forums should be.

In my agreeing to move on
I was going to remind us of Grimsby away last season when Seamus came out of the side having genuinely battled with a groin. We went on a run of 10 games taking 25 points from 30 with nolan returning as a holder and a new loanee called Dunne moving us from a rapidly sinking 11th back to 2nd in the table (which included Seamus, nolan and Dunne v Coventry away and Swindon at home)

Seamus and Scotty then pushed us even higher to the title. My point being some loanees pushed us on to greatness.

If I had a choice, I’d agree with 28 and certainly not have 5, 6 or is 7 as we do. However there’s rent to be collected !
Old 07-04-2019, 19:04   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
He’s also benefited by other players contractual disputes, so to then question others attitudes is disingenuous.

I don't understand that comment at all Simpson. You've lost me.
I’d still appreciate some explanation of this comment Simpson. I’m truly baffled.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..