Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 20:54   #16
God Member

Re: Rochdale home thread

At this stage of the season, the final score is the ONLY judgement that matters.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2019, 21:00   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
At this stage of the season, the final score is the ONLY judgement that matters.
Sadly NO Goals = NO Points.... Again !!.... 😣
monkey hanger likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:02   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
So much for a 'must win' game.
When we can't beat a team sitting 3rd from bottom at home, perhaps we don't deserve to be in League 1
Don't talk rubbish - our lads did nowt wrong tonight, except maybe panic a bit after Dale got their goal which incidentally was totally against the run of play.
Totally gutted for the lads tonight, they honestly didn't deserve to be beaten
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:16   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Don't talk rubbish - our lads did nowt wrong tonight, except maybe panic a bit after Dale got their goal which incidentally was totally against the run of play.
Totally gutted for the lads tonight, they honestly didn't deserve to be beaten
Did nowt wrong? Talking rubbish?
Perhaps those talking rubbish were those who predicted an easy 3 points against relegation candidates.
Whether we did or didn't deserve to lose the game is irrelevant.
We lost at home - AGAIN!
pifco and Lord Love Rocket like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:17   #20

Plenty of heart, and fight, and desire, but once again we've failed to test the keeper. A dominant 1st half yielded nowt, followed by a goal from nowhere for the ex-Lancs. Familiar pattern to tonights game.

Armstrong was immense in the 1st half and i thought Conneely had his best game in a very long time
pifco and chevyfire like this.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:25   #21
Junior Member+

Lord is not talking rubbish we have just been beaten by far and away the worst team I have seen in league one this season, Rochdale where absolutely awful, yet we decide to play 5 at the back again with wing backs which forgive me if I’m wrong but we are yet to win a game with this formation yet keep going back to it, it doesn’t work. The two teams looked league 2 at best. And then the personnel, how can anybody call a game the biggest of their life and then leave out arguably 3 of our best players,Callum,Sam and Paul. All three should of been started with Sam in midfield Paul upfront chasing down and pressing there really shaky defenders and the game was screaming out for johnson down the right with Clark. Please back to basics 4-4-2 with the three mentioned above in, Saturdays now do or die, Clayton End do your thing.
AccyNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:29   #22
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps those talking rubbish were those who predicted an easy 3 points against relegation candidates.
We lost at home - AGAIN!
It was never going to be an easy game & the fight our lads showed tonight was far from irrelevant, Jordan rightly got motm but everyone played their part & did it well. Obviously the result was absolutely gutting - still can't reckon up how we didn't score with all the pressure we piled on their goalmouth.
And if we're gutted, you can bet the lads are feeling it twice as much - it's up to Coley to lift them up for Saturday & for them to fight that bit harder against Walsall. We can avoid the drop - keep the faith
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:32   #23

First half we where the better side. Lots of pressure on the dale goal. We showed buckets of desire. Only criticism was we didn't test their keeper enough or take are chances. From the Clayton end we could easily have had an early penalty for hand ball. This ultimately cost us in the second half when the game was a tighter affair. Even then the goal seemed against the run of play. We went too direct second half particularly after they scored. Nothing dropped for us in there area via this route. As already mentioned Armstrong was a handful upfront. He and Billy worked well together. Seamus controlled the midfield well. The lads all put in a good shift to be fair.
At least the issue is still in our hands but it's becoming hard to see where these 2 wins are going to come from within the remains of the season. Anyhow Saturday is still a big chance for one of them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:51   #24

Quote:
We lost at home - AGAIN!
You're spot on Lord Stiff, I think we are going down I'm sorry to say - I just got in from the game, yes we didn't play that badly BUT we didn't score and Rochdale did therefore they deserved the win.

Several players going to bed tonight safe in the knowledge they will play another game come Saturday... Messers Hughes, Donacien, Sean Mc and to a lesser extent young Ross the golden boy... come rain or shine certain players guaranteed to be on the team sheet...
Old 09-04-2019, 21:53   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyNew View Post
Lord is not talking rubbish we have just been beaten by far and away the worst team I have seen in league one this season, Rochdale where absolutely awful, yet we decide to play 5 at the back again with wing backs which forgive me if I’m wrong but we are yet to win a game with this formation yet keep going back to it, it doesn’t work. The two teams looked league 2 at best. And then the personnel, how can anybody call a game the biggest of their life and then leave out arguably 3 of our best players,Callum,Sam and Paul. All three should of been started with Sam in midfield Paul upfront chasing down and pressing there really shaky defenders and the game was screaming out for johnson down the right with Clark. Please back to basics 4-4-2 with the three mentioned above in, Saturdays now do or die, Clayton End do your thing.
Sam and Paul came on and didn't shine at all to me Paul hadn't much service Sam did nothing but give the ball away and sky the rest team played very well first half a lot better shape to it ok they were poor but story of the season couldn't score second half seemed to lose our shape a bit they scored against the run of play and we seemed to sadly run out of ideas on how to break them down pity the ref didn't give the stonewall penalty after 3 minutes bottled it for me if given and converted we would have gone on to win no doubt.
AccyMad and RedSocks62 like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 22:00   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Sam and Paul came on and didn't shine at all to me Paul hadn't much service Sam did nothing but give the ball away and sky the rest team played very well first half a lot better shape to it ok they were poor but story of the season couldn't score second half seemed to lose our shape a bit they scored against the run of play and we seemed to sadly run out of ideas on how to break them down pity the ref didn't give the stonewall penalty after 3 minutes bottled it for me if given and converted we would have gone on to win no doubt.
Also I thought Seamus did a dirty job well tonight happy to say well done
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-04-2019, 22:06   #27
Full Member+

3 points at home against a badly off form Walsall and we are more than likely to stay up. Lose and we are still likely to stay up, would have settled for this last May.
AccyMad likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 22:13   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
3 points at home against a badly off form Walsall and we are more than likely to stay up. Lose and we are still likely to stay up, would have settled for this last May.
Hopefully Chewey.... 3 points on Saturday is vital, you think we will get enough points if we lose on Saturday to stay up?!
Old 09-04-2019, 22:16   #29
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Also I thought Seamus did a dirty job well tonight happy to say well done
Agreed, my comment about Sam was to replace Scotty not Seamus. Smyth got little to no service and leaving Johnson out again I really can’t get my head around at all.
AccyNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 22:18   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Anyone that would go and boo a team they supposedly support is Pathetic in my view.
Think the booing was aimed at the liner as he was checking the net before the restart, the lad next to me joined in with the booing and I told him not to as the players may think you are booing them as some supporters have done.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..