Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 22:26   #31
Full Member+

Re: Rochdale home thread

Haven't posted on here in a very long time, but I feel after the past few months of poor performances, it has reached boiling point with me. Firstly our style of play has been less than stellar for far too long. We play too direct, too often. This has caused our playing style to become too predictable, with long balls constantly played to Billy Kee. More often than not the end result being the ball ending up with the opposition and us having to defend. Stanley play far better; when playing a shorter, quicker style. Which garnered us impressive results against higher quality teams such as Sunderland and Charlton. Secondly the selection of the team has been puzzling at times. Players such as Seamus Coneeley, who plays in a vital role in CDM, it is his duty to control the game, however his distribution at many times has been abysmal. His touches also failing to deliver. Another player who has really underperformed for a while is Sean McConville. It seems for awhile now that Sean seems adverse to going down the byline when attacking, plus he also seems allergic to going in to tackle for the ball. Sean's free kick's have too been very poor for too long. While some shots may be on target, they lack any real power and velocity behind them, therefore even if his shots are on target, they fail to trouble the keeper. Imo Barlaser would be a far more suitable option, based on his shot power and velocity. Which would cause the keeper problems.

Another serious issue i've noticed is the lack of plan b from Coleman. His decision of making subs is baffling, as many times Coley has failed to bring on players at critical points in the game. More often than not subbing far too late, or not subbing the correct players, or even not subbing at all. The consequence of this has lead to defeats. The other problem from this, is Coleman not giving certain players enough of a chance. For example Erico Souza, imo the best player in the 0-3 defeat to Sunderland. Souza's agility was impressive, his pace troubling their sturdy defence, which was unopposed in the first half. Next two games, Souza is not used at all, despite a positive performance. Other players such as Liam Nolan seem to get no opportunity at all, especially when similar players to him underperform. Furthermore Coleman ALWAYS picks his team around his favourites (Sean, Billy, Seamus etc), another reason why certain players can't get game time and progress.

This defeat is certainly a cruel blow, one which could have so easily been avoided. With saturday now the biggest game of the season so far against fellow strugglers Walsall. Even more important based on a harsh last few games against many top six teams. I feel even if we are relegated, the squads needs a re-shuffle and there needs to be some big decisions regarding the current managerial team. Apologies if this seems like a rant, but obviously as fan all I want is for Stanley to succeed and progress even further. With the way our form has been, it will end up the opposite, IF these issues I mentioned don't change. All in all I hope we can maintain our League 1 status for the foreseeable future and move on to greater things.

Regards Tom
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2019, 22:33   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Also I thought Seamus did a dirty job well tonight happy to say well done
You feeling ok ?
I’m worried about you.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 22:37   #33
Senior Member+

On a serious note gutted for the lads tonight thought they deserved something from the game.
I remain confident - 6 points Walsall and Plymouth and we’re over the line.
Then the hard work starts ..... who to keep who to let go who to recruit.
Don’t book any holidays Coley.
AccyMad likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 22:58   #34
Full Member+

I have to say we didn't deserve anything from the game. Our passing was abysmal. Our communication was non existent, We got under each others feet too often. some players played well in small bursts. Rochdale were worse than us and we should have gone in at least 2-0 up at half time but very poor refereeing let the game down badly. But we played the same old game. Billy had no service as such and the midfield were poor. The ball was given away far too easily. Like others on here I was puzzled at the team selection. we did a lot of running after fresh air, when we did spread the game and moved the ball forward we were a threat but the strikers did not put the ball in the net. There is a lot to talk about and this is just a scant brief of the game. I have not placed the blame on any individual player as some were better than others tonight. I only hope Coley calls the team selection better on Saturday. We are still in with a good chance of staying up but we need the will to do it.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:02   #35
God Member

How about that dam ref then???
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:05   #36
God Member

Gezzzz I hate us losing. You guy/gals get to go to bed but I have to suffer all day at work. Woe is me.... I Hate you STANLEY...but I LOVE you too...
Spartacus2nd likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:04   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seamus played very well first half no doubt, reckon he must apologized for it, as his second half was shocking. Too much ball up in the air, also the short passing was diabolical
Old 10-04-2019, 07:14   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
How about that dam ref then???
Yet another bumbling inept fool Kiwi - in other words, standard
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:55   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

shoulda had a definte penalty in opening few mins handball everyone saw it apart from the knobs officiating.
keep the faith and accytom18 like this.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:25   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
shoulda had a definite penalty in opening few mins handball everyone saw it apart from the knobs officiating.
From where I sit in the main stand the ref missed some blatant handballs and fouls. The linesman was terrible, Not once did he help the referee. In the melee at the dugout The ref should have red carded the player who left the field and attacked a stanley coach but he bottled that as well.
AccyMad likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:28   #41
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Hopefully Chewey.... 3 points on Saturday is vital, you think we will get enough points if we lose on Saturday to stay up?!
Answer no - but we will still be odds against going down even if we lose, with 5 or 6 teams below us I would imagine. Maybe 2/1 or 6/4.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36   #42
God Member

too far away to judge if it was a penalty or not but very close to the incident where one of their players pushed one of our coaches over in a violent manner and only got a caution. for me a red card all day. on to the rest of the game we never looked like scoring apart from the chance clark{without the e** missed in the first half. this was against a side who have conceded most in the division. too many lads off form at the moment and whatever coley does try it aint coming off. last night was a big game, saturdays will be massive but looking at the last couple of home games its hard to see where a goal is coming from to enable us to get the 3 points we should have got last night.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:10   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
You feeling ok ?
I’m worried about you.
Equanimity personified !!.😎
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:13   #44

On the goal shocking defending once again Hughes.Dom.sean mc failed to deal with the cross. Or well 3 of the golden boys who no will be starting on Sat God help us.not good enough
Old 10-04-2019, 09:15   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytom18 View Post
Haven't posted on here in a very long time, but I feel after the past few months of poor performances, it has reached boiling point with me. Firstly our style of play has been less than stellar for far too long. We play too direct, too often. This has caused our playing style to become too predictable, with long balls constantly played to Billy Kee. More often than not the end result being the ball ending up with the opposition and us having to defend. Stanley play far better; when playing a shorter, quicker style. Which garnered us impressive results against higher quality teams such as Sunderland and Charlton. Secondly the selection of the team has been puzzling at times. Players such as Seamus Coneeley, who plays in a vital role in CDM, it is his duty to control the game, however his distribution at many times has been abysmal. His touches also failing to deliver. Another player who has really underperformed for a while is Sean McConville. It seems for awhile now that Sean seems adverse to going down the byline when attacking, plus he also seems allergic to going in to tackle for the ball. Sean's free kick's have too been very poor for too long. While some shots may be on target, they lack any real power and velocity behind them, therefore even if his shots are on target, they fail to trouble the keeper. Imo Barlaser would be a far more suitable option, based on his shot power and velocity. Which would cause the keeper problems.

Another serious issue i've noticed is the lack of plan b from Coleman. His decision of making subs is baffling, as many times Coley has failed to bring on players at critical points in the game. More often than not subbing far too late, or not subbing the correct players, or even not subbing at all. The consequence of this has lead to defeats. The other problem from this, is Coleman not giving certain players enough of a chance. For example Erico Souza, imo the best player in the 0-3 defeat to Sunderland. Souza's agility was impressive, his pace troubling their sturdy defence, which was unopposed in the first half. Next two games, Souza is not used at all, despite a positive performance. Other players such as Liam Nolan seem to get no opportunity at all, especially when similar players to him underperform. Furthermore Coleman ALWAYS picks his team around his favourites (Sean, Billy, Seamus etc), another reason why certain players can't get game time and progress.

This defeat is certainly a cruel blow, one which could have so easily been avoided. With saturday now the biggest game of the season so far against fellow strugglers Walsall. Even more important based on a harsh last few games against many top six teams. I feel even if we are relegated, the squads needs a re-shuffle and there needs to be some big decisions regarding the current managerial team. Apologies if this seems like a rant, but obviously as fan all I want is for Stanley to succeed and progress even further. With the way our form has been, it will end up the opposite, IF these issues I mentioned don't change. All in all I hope we can maintain our League 1 status for the foreseeable future and move on to greater things.

Regards Tom
Hi Tom !!

Drop me a pm when the sequel is ready for publication !.

Regards to both of you !,

A.
accytom18 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..