Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2019, 12:16   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rochdale home thread

I dont think our foreplay is satisfactory to be honest our midfield is virtually non existent to me.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:27   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I dont think our foreplay is satisfactory to be honest our midfield is virtually non existent to me.
Like many a former girlfriend, i was trying to be kind !!!

Have to agree with the midfield, whilst we've got away with it earlier in the season, at times our positional play and retaining possession has been like me playing my grandson on that FIFA game, all over the place.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:41   #78
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Like many a former girlfriend, i was trying to be kind !!!
Similar to many a former girlfriend, we have become too predictable!
cashman likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 14:00   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Similar to many a former girlfriend, we have become too predictable!
Thats what i was referring to during a game when i say no planB, some cant manage to grasp that though.
Old 11-04-2019, 14:36   #80

I grasp it. However it doesn’t mean I agree. Rather unsurprisingly people will have different opinions about a game than you will.
Our midfield played well the other night for me. Best game Seamus has had in a long long time.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 14:59   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
I grasp it. However it doesn’t mean I agree. Rather unsurprisingly people will have different opinions about a game than you will.
Our midfield played well the other night for me. Best game Seamus has had in a long long time.
In the first half yes i said that, the second half he was dire.
Old 11-04-2019, 17:43   #82
Full Member+

Yes I am silly enough to think that the team that scores the most goals deserves to win.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 21:21   #83

Thumbs up Re: Rochdale home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
irrespective of what league we start next season in, we HAVE made significant progress recently.

We started last season as an average League 2 side at best. Yes, some thought we had a chance as we had our best side for a while. But that best side for a while was still only average at best. Then something happened. The feelgood factor at a club on the up drove us to the top of the League. Regardless of winning the league we were still the lowest payers in the league, playing in front of the smallest crowds, on the smallest ground. We had an owner that spoke of grand, but reasonable plans, to turn us into an efficient club.

Nearly 12 months on from that title win, we have broken our attendance record three times, broken our record transfer sale twice, broken our season ticket records, reached our furthest (joint) ever point in the FA Cup, built a new stand, an extra fan zone, another fan zone on the way, plans afoot for an entirely new main stand side (still same stand but concourse, changing rooms and bar/shop/offices), have a new office and shop block imminently opening. All this whilst still being almost the lowest payers in the EFL, playing in front of almost the lowest crowds, on still the smallest ground.

If we start in League 2 next year as an average side then we are still better off than the beginning of last season. Can we retain some of the newer fans? I like to think so. Remember back last season we still thought of ourselves as having a hardcore of 1000. At the moment we have over 1000 ST holders/loyalty cards. We have a price freeze (again) on STs, and we are playing in the same red shirt (again).

I couldn't give a toss for those fans who want to disappear back up their backsides if we go down. I couldnt give a toss for those fans who think we need to spend money on players. It's not the Stanley way and we'll carry on making incremental progress year on year, just like we have for the previous 50 years without you.

ta-da
Post of the season
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:27   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh but i tell the truth, if yeh cant score yeh dont deserve to win simple as
plus not looking likely to score either. its was not even one of those games where their keeper had the game of his career either to keep us out.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:42   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
irrespective of what league we start next season in, we HAVE made significant progress recently.

We started last season as an average League 2 side at best. Yes, some thought we had a chance as we had our best side for a while. But that best side for a while was still only average at best. Then something happened. The feelgood factor at a club on the up drove us to the top of the League. Regardless of winning the league we were still the lowest payers in the league, playing in front of the smallest crowds, on the smallest ground. We had an owner that spoke of grand, but reasonable plans, to turn us into an efficient club.

Nearly 12 months on from that title win, we have broken our attendance record three times, broken our record transfer sale twice, broken our season ticket records, reached our furthest (joint) ever point in the FA Cup, built a new stand, an extra fan zone, another fan zone on the way, plans afoot for an entirely new main stand side (still same stand but concourse, changing rooms and bar/shop/offices), have a new office and shop block imminently opening. All this whilst still being almost the lowest payers in the EFL, playing in front of almost the lowest crowds, on still the smallest ground.

If we start in League 2 next year as an average side then we are still better off than the beginning of last season. Can we retain some of the newer fans? I like to think so. Remember back last season we still thought of ourselves as having a hardcore of 1000. At the moment we have over 1000 ST holders/loyalty cards. We have a price freeze (again) on STs, and we are playing in the same red shirt (again).

I couldn't give a toss for those fans who want to disappear back up their backsides if we go down. I couldnt give a toss for those fans who think we need to spend money on players. It's not the Stanley way and we'll carry on making incremental progress year on year, just like we have for the previous 50 years without you.

ta-da

Sums it up perfectly if only you'd added the line spent zero on players.
Also sums up perfectly this attitude of the old school supporters ...... almost our way or the highway.
That's fine it truly is but you have to agree to disagree if other supporters have a different view.
No one is right no one is wrong.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:41   #86

You might be right 28, but 90% of football clubs are practically insolvent in an age where there has never been more money in football. Rob has it right where the future of the club is imperative and far more beneficial to its community whilst still trading.

Look at Bradford, 20 thousand fans, lovely big stadium, wages in mulitples of ours - bottom of the league

Look at Cambridge, annual turnover of £5m (twice ours), lost 800k last year, 600k the year before - a nothing no mark League 2 side

Look at Colchester, present owners have sunk £27m into the club in recent years - a going nowhere League 2 side

Look at Blackburn, more issues than Dandy or Beano and last season they lost 300k PER WEEK on getting out of League 1 by the skin of their teeth

Look at Bury, losing tens of thousands weekly and in financial mire for the umpteenth time in less than umpteen years. Sitting fourth in the league presently but have they got there by foul means if they cant afford.

The list goes on and on and on

Football is rapidly approaching a crossroads. At the moment the lights on both sides are on green and clubs are hurtling through narrowly avoiding catastrophe. A few are skidding to a halt, seeing an impending doom. A few have a good view of whats happening and are driving cautiously, some even preparing to do a uturn and find an alternative route. Yet many are blindly accelerating through the interchange, sooner or later theres going to be a pile up ...
AccyMad, KiTChener, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:52   #87

I hope, 28, that when your associates move on from the club, and presumably you will too, that you can look back on your time here with fondness. I hope you will feel inclined to stop by The Crown Ground from time to time. What I do know is that little old Accy will still be here, but i cant say the same for all the 92

The shame of it is that if Bolton, Bury and 8 others go to the wall there will be 20 non league clubs chucking money at being one of the 10 clubs to replace them
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:01   #88
Senior Member+

You are preaching to the converted.
However, surely its about balance ?
There are many examples of clubs investing wisely in the product that takes to the field. We are not and if public record is correct - will not.
If you don't have a team then having cosey facilities etc is pointless.
As a club that relies heavily in selling prized assets very successfully I might add - could we be facing a few departures at the end of the season with no budget to replace them ?
Old 12-04-2019, 11:05   #89
Senior Member+

I've already made it clear Spartacus that if what you term associates (I term relatives and very good friends) move on I'll still be following Accrington. I've made too many good friends not to.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:55   #90

It's not the Stanley way and we'll carry on making incremental progress year on year, just like we have for the previous 50 years without you.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..