Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2019, 20:16   #31

Re: Walsall home thread.

The sending off is on the highlights. Deffo late challenge on Big Ben.
monkey hanger likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2019, 20:42   #32
Senior Member+

Lord D.
I agree that Billy gets awarded a lot of free kicks but only for about half the number of offences committed against him!
Old 14-04-2019, 10:07   #33
God Member

Referees seem to have this idea that from the start they must at all costs 'keep the game flowing' by not awarding too many free kicks in the first half hour of a match!
IMHO what the referee should be doing in the first half hour of the match is ensuring that the players on both sides play to the rules and if that results in a couple of early bookings then we would more likely enjoy a flowing and relatively foul free match and no ore bookings!
I believe that we just need referees to apply the rules properly and to be consistent![/COLOR]

got to remember that the referee is only following orders at first then thinking about what the assessor will think. i,ve had it before with them saying you never let the game flow early on and making a rod for my own back with an early caution or sending off. a foul is a foul in the 1st minute as the last and so are certain cautions and sending offs. consistancy and correct applications of the laws of the game is something we all strive for but like all human beings we do not always get it right. allowing them to referee as they think fit and not with one arm tied up their back from the league and their own assessors might give em a better chance of doing their job correctly.
Old 14-04-2019, 10:54   #34

Scrappy game yesterday but I thought out the two teams we deserved the win. Hard for anyone to play football in the conditions we had yesterday so going more direct was a necessity really.
Seamus was close to being Man of the match for me. Best game I’ve seen him have in a long, long time. Broke up the play well and won almost everything.
Sean was back to his best, looking a threat every time he got the ball.
Overall a good performance and a much needed win. I think 1 more win will be enough. Hopefully get something from Luton/Donny and we’ll be ok.
Old 14-04-2019, 11:08   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Massive game,massive result.
Another three points will keep us up.
The Wigan Warrior returns with all guns blazing !!..
Old 14-04-2019, 11:14   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
He was, Ross got motm though & well deserved to
Slipped that bouquet in very sneakily Di !!. I'd .been waiting for it !.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 14-04-2019, 12:25   #37
God Member

Looking at the table and all teams around us fixtures I am leaning towards 50 points being enough doesn't mean we should take a big breath but I think we could do something against Luton amazing what a win does for the confidence nice to see Conneely having a good game yesterday hopefully fit now and a good preseason might see him back to a major influence in midfield stay up and a good summer on bringing some new faces might be a bit brighter next season 4 to go 12 points to play for.
Old 14-04-2019, 14:43   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Needed beauty sleep badly, so didn't get up for this one, so just how wonderful it is to wake up to 3 points...
Kiwi John,
This is the second time I can recall a rare Stanley victory coinciding with you staying in bed!
When Stanley are next facing Luton it should be 04:30 Sunday morning for you! For all our sakes, will you make sure you’re fast asleep!
AccyMad, yonmon, sherry and 1 others like this.
Old 14-04-2019, 15:18   #39
Senior Member+

The pitch is truly awful and when you like to play a passing game mistakes are inevitable with the ball bobbling around. Add into that the wind and it was never going to be pretty.
Left back remains a major issue for me. Janoi whilst having sympathy for him playing out of position just doesn't look at the races.
If Ross keeps performing like that the away supporters might end up with a roof over their heads.
Captains performance from Conneely doing the dog work.
Old 15-04-2019, 10:09   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Left back remains a major issue for me. Janoi whilst having sympathy for him playing out of position just doesn't look at the races.
I'm in two minds over Janoi's best position.
Last season (admittedly against weaker opposition) he seemed to suit playing as a full back, he was strong, powerful and direct.
Paul Lambert seems to think he has the attributes to be a centre half. I couldn't disagree more. Constantly out of position and a poor header of the ball.

Not a fan of Big Ben but I must admit he has looked much more composed in recent weeks and wouldn't mind him starting at LB instead of Janoi (admittedly not Bens natural position either...)

Clear to see why Coley didn't take up the opportunity on signing Gibson permanently. Can only assume fitness/illness/injury is keeping him well out of the side.

Will Wood is not good enough to be a Football League player.

Regan has played really well on loan at Southport but unfortunately I can't see him competing in League 1 next season. Would love it if he proved me wrong however.

Oh how we need a solid, left footed left back back for next season.
Wonder if Harvey could do a job there if not.....
Old 15-04-2019, 10:49   #41

If anyone else has a go at it Coley's gonna be scouring the stands... might polish up me Dunlops fert weekend
Old 15-04-2019, 11:43   #42
Junior Member+

https://twitter.com/QuestTV

Vote for Ross on twitter - League 1 player of weekend - up against Akinfenwa and Clarke-Harris from Bristol’s rovers!
Old 15-04-2019, 12:36   #43
God Member

Left back has often been a bit of a problem for Stanley (as have left-footed players!). Jacobson was one notable exception. But, this season, the most annoying aspect is that Anderton, who I thought was very solid, was recalled after Xmess but doesn’t seem to even make Blackpool’s bench. Anyone know what happened to him?
Big Ben played left back at Wimbledon and didn’t disgrace himself (and appears to be able to do more than just stand on his left leg) and Rogers seemed to be getting back to some form a few weeks ago. But, as far as I understand it from others’ comments, neither of these players really feel LB is their best position.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:49   #44
God Member

apart from lads who can fill in for the odd game for me we have not got a left back. reason why a very average anderson looked good for us but cannot get a regular place for blackpool.
Old 15-04-2019, 13:29   #45
Senior Member+

At last, some good luck for Walsall fans:
https://walsall.vitalfootball.co.uk/...nfinite-scroll
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..