Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2019, 18:29   #16
God Member

Re: The Luton thread

Can't believe the difference of quality from us after viewing Sunderland away. Chalk and cheese.
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2019, 19:47   #17

disappointing performance to say the least.
Old 20-04-2019, 20:03   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All that happened was caused by a terrible back pass from Super Sean FACT our keeper then added to it and should have been sent off the first time, anyone cant see that needs eyes testing. the ref and liner were abysmal no doubt, Billy was pushed down with ref looking on, Barlaiser the liner looked at him then carried on not even telling the ref.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 20-04-2019, 20:16   #19
Full Member+

Just watched Coley's after match interview and he says we got what we deserved for passing back to the goalie when it wasn't necessary, we've been doing this all season and got in trouble countless times with it - so why are they still doing it?
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Old 20-04-2019, 20:16   #20
Senior Member+

I sometimes wonder what people are watching at times.
How on earth could anyone believe either of our keepers incidents were anything other than clear cut penalties ? He should have been sent off after the first one.
Maybe we deserved a penalty for the Kee shove but please let’s stop papering over cracks.
Out played
Out thought
Out muscled
Attempts on goal - don’t even go there.
To say I’m deeply down in the dumps after that dismal display is the under statement of the season.
cashman and Simpson like this.
Old 20-04-2019, 20:18   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
Just watched Coley's after match interview and he says we got what we deserved for passing back to the goalie when it wasn't necessary, we've been doing this all season and got in trouble countless times with it - so why are they still doing it?
Because the Coach insists we do it.
A poor attempt at passing the buck by Coley.
AccyMad, cashman and Simpson like this.
Old 20-04-2019, 20:38   #22
Full Member+

Why do we keep playing Billy upfront on his own at home? He never gets the service he needs, The team choice today was not the right one. We needed different tactics and players. I was surprised to see Nolan as I thought he was out on loan. He should have started, Sousa would have been the the player to cause them problems with sheer nuisance value. Dan Barlaser has not been that brilliant these last few games(However I hope he not badly injured) I am afraid the game today was a write off when our keeper got red carded. They were not much better than us but took chances, We afforded them too much respect. We desperately need a win and at least a draw to be safe. I am afraid Coley has to brush up on his tactics and team selection.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 20-04-2019, 21:03   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I'm sorry Super J.C. would NOT know a tactic if it hit him in the Kisser the tactics shoulda been changed at half time, when we are 1 down, and still the chance to get summat from the game.
Old 20-04-2019, 21:24   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm sorry Super J.C. would NOT know a tactic if it hit him in the Kisser the tactics shoulda been changed at half time, when we are 1 down, and still the chance to get summat from the game.
What an insulting comment to make. You really are the most negative fan ever known. Yes we’re on a bad run but to say that is really embarrassing. Is this the same manager who has won 4 league titles at the club? Did we not win them league titles by using tactics.
JC will have forgotten more about football tactics than you’ll ever know.
RedSocks62 likes this.
Old 20-04-2019, 21:26   #25
Senior Member+

luton are a superior outfit no complaints, well only one, the officials were the usual inept lot we endure almost every home game
Old 20-04-2019, 21:34   #26
Full Member+

Going to keep this short and sweet.
First pen, yes Dimi at fault but ball went out of play before contact.
Second pen - awful header back from Ross. Dimi has to commit.Strikers studs high and up forcing him to try and parry it.

For those saying we should have made rash changes at half time.
You clearly don’t understand football.
We actually started 2nd half on top!
Sousa? Not physical enough for game
Nolan? Was poor playing two leagues below on loan.

Armstrong ran well and was physical but yet again he had no impact as a striker.
Surprised Ross got MOM considering Callum hooked 2 off the line.
Clicker was woeful.
For a player of his technical ability, he has no left foot or end product. Really disappointing.
Barlaser yet again played far too deep.
21 shots played 4.
15 on target played 0.
Story of our season.

Luton didn’t even look all that.
AccyMad, Jeg Red and ASFC1019 like this.
Old 20-04-2019, 22:13   #27

My 10 ps:
- I am of the same mind as Cashy re the first incident. Really stupid back pass by Sean! Don't really believe that was part of JC's game plan, though.
- The stupidity of the back pass does not excuse Eftimov. Embarrassing to say the least. Most refs would have shown him a straight red.
- Cannot really understand why the second warranted a yellow card. But most refs tend to give a yellow every time there is a penalty. Can't understand that part. But since Eftimov probably shouldn't have been there in the first place I can have no real complaints.
- Again that does not excuse Eftimov. Somebody must have told him he had a yellow already. And it was a clumsy and stupid challenge nonetheless. His overall performance must rank among the top ten worst I have seen from from a goalkeeper through a life time of watching football.
- Collins put both hands on Kee's back. If I had been his manager I would have been furious with him. You don't do that inside the penalty area. Of course Kee would go down like a sack of coal when he felt those hands on his back. But I cannot be upset by the lack of a penalty.
- I thought Luton were poor. We would have had a decent chance of a point (I mean 0-0 of course) with a decent goalkeeper. Even though I admit Stanley were even poorer.
- This was a performance best forgotten. Not just Eftimov's. We still have a chance. Plymouth at home will be massive. And while Stanley are in poor shape, so are most of the bottom dozen, Plymouth included. It will be close.
- I and Mr Eftimov share one sentiment I believe. If a Stanley game was to be televised we both wish it had been a different one!
Old 20-04-2019, 22:19   #28
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth...........

Yes the ref was poor, the pitch was worse........ BUT we were lacking from back to front today and it showed.

Quite what Evtimov was doing I have no idea, agreed with others, he could and probably should have gone after the first incident. Ironically I thought Maxted was brilliant, it could have been a cricket score if it wasn't for him, fair play to Jonny.

We had quite rightly setup for the draw, which obviously was thrown into haywire once Dimi had gone. Pretty gutted for Brown to be honest, yet again no chance to show his quality.

Was Kee even fit ?? He looked MILES off the pace for me personally. Not quite sure what Armstrong/ Smyth/ Zanzala have to do get a start/ more minutes/ any minutes at all.

Only Johnson, Maxted and Sykes for me showed anything like the quality we need to compete in this division. IF we survive then a mass clear out is needed IMO.

Worrying times for sure. Next Saturday is THE game that will define our season.
Old 20-04-2019, 22:26   #29

Stanley fans still singing 30mins after match ended sums it up really

Time to take the rose tinted specs off
smudgie, yonmon and sherry like this.
Old 20-04-2019, 22:41   #30
Senior Member+

On watching the Match on TV , and the close up shots...

One, The second penalty was 60/40 in the striker's favour as our Goalkeeper didn't touch the ball at all , and all Mr Boyeson needed was the evidence ( from some distance away ! ) of the striker being taken out !.

Two. Stanley's dearth of quality strikers was again so plain to see !... although the 10 man situation did call upon them to take more defensive duties !. How many times do we see Billy Kee isolated , ringed by big defenders, and unable to make the right pass ?.
He deserves a medal for persevering through all this, and those supporting him, particularly this afternoon should be appalled when they see their meagre efforts compared with those of the Luton attackers. The shots on goal statistic totally bears this out !.
Defensively, Ross and Mark could not have done more, and receive my accolades !

However, it was the 1 goal down and 10 men on the pitch situation which probably decided the result,. but the maintaining of our League 1 status is now looking extremely shaky because of this fact. Three points from the Plymouth game is now an essential..

But remembering that' necessity is the mother of invention ' .... ( although Hope is said to be the mother of fools !) ..my hope is still that The Reds will invent something special for this fool ! ... and soon !.

KTF... and ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
Revived Red and sherry like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..