Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2019, 22:43   #31
Senior Member+

Re: The Luton thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post

Time to take the rose tinted specs off
Or possibly to put some on Dav ?..
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2019, 23:07   #32

Couldn't bel
Old 20-04-2019, 23:20   #33

In the second half I couldn't believe donaicen trying to shake the hand of the Luton player as he was going of.What an embarrassment can't believe he's still getting a game get back to Ipswich how poor is he shocking.as for coley just listened to his excuses the pitch saying we outplayed them sorry don't know what game he was watching men against boys not good enough coley think you need to look a bit nearer home.
Old 20-04-2019, 23:45   #34

“as for coley just listened to his excuses the pitch saying we outplayed them sorry don't know what game he was watching ”

I think he was watching the same game as StanleyJosh!

Both Cashman and 28 call it correctly. I’d be interested in MH’s view of the first penalty ( I think he is or was a ref). My understanding is that if the keeper makes no attempt for the ball ( and he didn’t) then it’s a straight red and longer ban (which it should have been)

As for Sousa, apologies if I’m being thick but why would he get criticism, he didn’t play ?
Re Nolon, he played 9 times for Salford on loan including their biggest wins v Orient and Wrexham at new year as holding midfield with no goals conceded. Salford wanted to extend but we recalled him . They then lost 3 games in 4 or 5 from memory. In the short time he was on today he won headers and clattered 2 of their players. Not sure what you were expecting Josh, the game was over ?
Old 21-04-2019, 06:10   #35
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
“as for coley just listened to his excuses the pitch saying we outplayed them sorry don't know what game he was watching ”

I think he was watching the same game as StanleyJosh!
As for Sousa, apologies if I’m being thick but why would he get criticism, he didn’t play ?
Re Nolon, he played 9 times for Salford on loan including their biggest wins v Orient and Wrexham at new year as holding midfield with no goals conceded. Salford wanted to extend but we recalled him . They then lost 3 games in 4 or 5 from memory. In the short time he was on today he won headers and clattered 2 of their players. Not sure what you were expecting Josh, the game was over ?
RE; the first penalty Simpson, there was a rule change at the start of this season that meant as long as he didn’t deny clear goal scoring opportunity (eg handball on line) a foul in box is not a straight red any more.

As for Sousa/Nolan - apologies, I should have been clearer in my comments.
I was more referring to the people stood by me at the game, who, it seems every time we go 1-0 down, at half time they are calling for drastic changes from Coley (as if completely changing system/team will magically mean we will be better)

I don’t think if we had brought on the players they were hoping for (namely Sousa & Nolan) we would have had any chance of coming back from a goal down at half time. (And thought we actually started the second half brightly and had a few chances (a la clicker....)

I saw Nolan get outplayed by Blackburn’s Under 23s in Feb.
I like him, but he’s not League 1 standard.
That isn’t to say I feel the others are, again just commenting on the stupid comments I’ve heard from people last few weeks.
Old 21-04-2019, 06:28   #36
God Member

Pitch awful ref awful Stanley awful none I,m afraid league 1 standard.
Old 21-04-2019, 06:46   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
What an insulting comment to make. You really are the most negative fan ever known. Yes we’re on a bad run but to say that is really embarrassing. Is this the same manager who has won 4 league titles at the club? Did we not win them league titles by using tactics.
JC will have forgotten more about football tactics than you’ll ever know.
Go boil yer head its an honest opinion no-one can doubt the achievements J.C. has made they are incredible for a club with our resources, but i am of the opinion hes reached his limit, speak to any rochdale fan and no doubt you will get the same,
Old 21-04-2019, 06:50   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Go boil yer head its an honest opinion no-one can doubt the achievements J.C. has made they are incredible for a club with our resources, but i am of the opinion hes reached his limit, speak to any rochdale fan and no doubt you will get the same,
What would you do right now then Cashy if you were in charge? (considering contracted, loan, and soon to be out of contract players)
And who would you see fit as his replacement? (Considering resources and budget, so let’s be realistic)

Genuinely interested.
It’s easy to see the negatives, but very rarely have I ever heard someone make a genuine case for improvement.
Old 21-04-2019, 07:00   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
What would you do right now then Cashy if you were in charge? (considering contracted, loan, and soon to be out of contract players)
And who would you see fit as his replacement? (Considering resources and budget, so let’s be realistic)

Genuinely interested.
It’s easy to see the negatives, but very rarely have I ever heard someone make a genuine case for improvement.
Well for a start ANY manager should be subject to pressure! thats about the only thing i disagree with andy holt about. i have not the experience to sort it out but J.C, is supposed to have any thing should have been tried from half time but as usual NOTHING.
Old 21-04-2019, 07:08   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Well for a start ANY manager should be subject to pressure! thats about the only thing i disagree with andy holt about. i have not the experience to sort it out but J.C, is supposed to have any thing should have been tried from half time but as usual NOTHING.
Think Coley has enough pressure, although ageee Holty is a bit OTT with making a guarantee about his job.
Why change it at half time? We ended 1st half and started 2nd half well.

People around me were saying put 2 on up top and go 3 at that back. IMO I think we would have been torn apart if we played 3 at the back for 45 minutes.
Goal difference could be crucial.
No one on the bench made me think, “yeah, they could change the game for us”
Plus if you can argue about Coleys experience, surely you’d want experienced players playing?
Old 21-04-2019, 07:22   #41
Full Member+

How many goals have we conceded this season from not winning the 2nd ball from a set piece.

And what on Earth is Barlaser doing ducking for their 2nd!!!
Old 21-04-2019, 07:23   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well how many managers have yeh seen who sit on the wall most of the time? that dont look like hes under that much pressure tome.
accytom18 likes this.
Old 21-04-2019, 07:27   #43
Full Member+

Quote:
Well how many managers have yeh seen who sit on the wall most of the time? that dont look like hes under that much pressure tome.
What has that got to do with anything!?!?
If a manager feels it necessary to be shouting instructions to his players all game, they clearly haven’t worked hard enough in the build up week.

Pressure to keep us in the league as he will have to face deluded fans if not
Pressure to sort out contracts
Pressure to sort out incoming players
Pressure to motivate players not playing
Pressure to deal with injuries (Finley out for season, Barlaser a possibility.)
Pressure to sort out where the squad will train on a daily basis.

Enough?

Last edited by StanleyJosh; 21-04-2019 at 07:32. Reason: Spelling
Old 21-04-2019, 07:34   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its been just like that for ever, when he was winning things etc does every manager not have to deal with stuff like that? surely its same at any level.
Old 21-04-2019, 07:40   #45
Full Member+

Exactly. So what’s your point?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..