Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2019, 11:05   #76
Senior Member+

Re: The Luton thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Don’t have a training ground
Sorry - I didn't realise that the team does not train!!

Quote:
Oh, and Ross’ first goal last week came from a training routine....
Yes. It was exactly as I described: "A hopeful punt towards the opposition penalty area in the hope that Sykes or Hughes can make contact with a header".
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2019, 11:11   #77
Full Member+

Wink Re: The Luton thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry - I didn't realise that the team does not train!!

Yes. It was exactly as I described: "A hopeful punt towards the opposition penalty area in the hope that Sykes or Hughes can make contact with a header".
RR, apologies, that first comment was made more in humour
As for the goal, Ross himself said it came from a routine they’d worked on. (Eg him attacking the ball just past pen spot)
Old 21-04-2019, 11:11   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Still no explanation as to why.....
Yawn.
Because to me he has little idea how to alter things when it aint working, if yer tired go back to bed.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:15   #79
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Because to me he has little idea how to alter things when it aint working, if yer tired go back to bed.
So you think that the other options he has eg the bench would work?
What changes would you have made at half time??
Old 21-04-2019, 11:22   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So you think that the other options he has eg the bench would work?
What changes would you have made at half time??
Well i would never start at home with one up front. he complains about playing football on a bobbly pitch then plays Billy Kee on his own, surely the implication is play in the air? plus we trained on it our opponents didnt.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:27   #81
Full Member+

Quote:
Well i would never start at home with one up front. he complains about playing football on a bobbly pitch then plays Billy Kee on his own, surely the implication is play in the air? plus we trained on it our opponents didnt.
Play in the air? With who??
2 in the midfield wouldn’t of worked vs Luton.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:28   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Thanks for the insult.
If thats your only defence then I think you can admit you were wrong.
As someone else pointed out it was hughes who passed back to Dimi for the pen but you were desperate to point the finger at Sean. And that just about sums you up.
Yes, Hughes passed it back to the keeper - he didn't have much choice then - but Sean's poor and stupid pass from midfield created the situation. Hughes passed to LuaLua to set up the worst missed shot of the game, but this one was not his fault.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:31   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Play in the air? With who??
2 in the midfield wouldn’t of worked vs Luton.
I didnt say play in the air,i said the implication by our so called god, was play in the air, i think your deliberately not understanding josh? i thought better of you.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:32   #84
Full Member+

Quote:
I didnt say play in the air,i said the implication by our so called god, was play in the air, i think your deliberately not understanding josh? i thought better of you.
Okay, so let me make my question clear.
The situation we are in. What line up and subs and formation??
Old 21-04-2019, 11:34   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Play home matches with 2 up front simple as.
Old 21-04-2019, 11:43   #86
Full Member+

Like Rochdale & Fleetwood?
Old 21-04-2019, 11:46   #87
God Member

If we stay up and it's a big ask now I am beginning to think we need others below to fail we won't I imagine have a great increase in player budget as Andy Holt as said the pitch is now number one concern and he's right it's awful so what does the management team do wholesale changes to the squad being difficult as quite a few of them have recently penned new deals flog the gems not this time nobody has shone reduce the numbers to pay slightly better wages to attract maybe better players or stick with loans and try again but one thing stands out to me a goalscorer is a shopping list must.
Old 21-04-2019, 12:37   #88

Thing is I actually agree that things have been poor the last few games especially. Pitch doesn’t help but both teams have to play on it.
However the reason I piped up this morning was I cannot agree with the personal insults from one person in particular.
People should be able to come on here and discuss the games without being shot down because they disagree with said person.
We obviously disagree on JC, I’m confident most Accy fans would agree with me though.
Its always easy to criticise when things are going badly.
baldy, Chewbacca and RedSocks62 like this.
Old 21-04-2019, 13:03   #89
Senior Member+

I'm quite sure that, without the appearance of an fairy godfather who resembles Abramovitch more than Andy Holt, which I for one certainly don't want , Coley's taken us as far as anybody can - to the point, as I seem to recall, where Cashy into November/December thought us nailed on for the Championship playoffs at least . Not sure he's ever likely to change the approach that has got us this far - that's about as likely as Cashy changing his - shall I say - somewhat combative approach to posting on here.

The real point, for anyone wanting or hinting at changes to the management team, is, surely, does anyone seriously think, without said fairy godfather:

1. We have the resources to offer a "better" team a salary they would accept?

2. Even if we could get such a team, we could then offer them the resources to spend on players which might enable us to do more than survive in whichever league they find themselves?

Personally, I'm happy to enjoy my "season in the sun" - even if it's just for one season, though, looking at the various run-ins, I do actually think we will survive.
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 5 others like this.
Old 21-04-2019, 13:08   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i also think we will survive.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..