Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2019, 13:10   #91
Full Member+

Re: The Luton thread

43 games and 43 goals, I don't blame the strikers more a lack of creativity.

I have run the scenarios and we lose the last 3 we go down, as the ones who need to win below us have Bradford, and despite playing each other you would expect all teams to get 3 points needed down to Dons. Southend could get 4 points given the games but it is 50/50 and Wallsall won't get more than 4. Most teams under us play a top team and expect no points form the game.

A point at home to PA sets them up for having to win at Scunny last game, as both lose their other game. This should see us just stay up. The only fear is Wycombe beating Walsall then losing to Wimbledon, we are likley to go down on GD if that happens.
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2019, 13:18   #92

Fingers crossed for good results tomorrow for us.
Best results are:
Burton to beat Southend
Bristol to beat Rochdale (draw not terrible but think Bristol are safe)
Charlton to beat Scunny
Barnsley to beat Plymouth
Wycombe Walsall draw? (Not disasterous either way who wins this one)
Luton to beat wimbledon on tuesday.

Can see next Saturday being winner takes all tbh. Whoever wins will be safe. Don’t want to be going to Pompey needing something.

Hope everyone is positive next Saturday, could be a big un.

P.S. we have it in us to get something ourselves on tuesday. Nice pitch against a team who like to play football may suit us. A point would be lovely.
MikeA, AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
Old 21-04-2019, 13:23   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have just seen the highlights on sky, it never showed the long backpass from our attacking half, the last one hughes did make.
Old 21-04-2019, 13:49   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
At the risk of repeating myself (yet again), we really have become so entirely predictable as a team. I certainly cannot get to all the games, but in those I have seen, I cannot recall seeing a move that has been rehearsed on the training ground.

Apart from those in a defensive area, all free kicks are taken by the same person in the same way. A hopeful punt towards the opposition penalty area in the hope that Sykes or Hughes can make contact with a header.

Our occasional attacks down the left wing seem to carry little threat. We all know (so the opposition must know) that any left wing attack will stop for the ball to be played infield - usually diagonally backwards.

When things are not going well, I never see any evidence of Plan B. When substitutions are made (often too late), they seem to be like-for-like
Maybe the problem on the left has something to do with playing naturally right footed players there ? Or is that too simplistic ? Clearly not to simplistic for our opponents to work out.
Old 21-04-2019, 14:20   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I do actually think we will survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i also think we will survive.
It's not well known, but I'm Gloria Gaynor .....................

So I will survive
AccyMad, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Old 21-04-2019, 17:15   #96
Senior Member+

our football has become stagnated, early season what we lacked in physical strength we made up for with our speed and agility enabling us to penetrate defences, our resent performances have lacked all of these qualities, Billy has been out muscled by defenders with little support from players or officials and so on this point I agree with Cashman that at present time we are wasting our time playing Billy on his own up front, the Don’s performances are benign of the form that took him to Ipswich, there are many teams in league 1 with much stronger squads than ours, so the loss to Luton was predictable although we cross/fingers and hope, looking at the fixture list I fear we are on very shaky ground,
Old 21-04-2019, 19:11   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Maybe the problem on the left has something to do with playing naturally right footed players there ? Or is that too simplistic ? Clearly not to simplistic for our opponents to work out.
Post 35 in the "Fleetwood Town match" thread:

It also seems very odd to have two right-footed players as left back and left wing. All defenders will know that the pair of them will switch the ball to their right foot to centre it. So predictable and easy to defend.

Clearly great minds etc etc.
Old 21-04-2019, 20:32   #98
Senior Member+

No point even mentioning golden boy, he won't get dropped in a month of Sunday's !
yonmon and Twenty Eight like this.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:17   #99
Full Member+

Watched highlights for about 10th time now.
Seans ball back to Yosser was fine.

Callum should have done better for 2nd pen and 3rd goal...
But let's blame Sean.

More goals than Clicker
More assists than Clicker
ferret man likes this.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:35   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Rubbish seans ball back was shocking we were directly in line with it. It also put hughes under pressure, but he could/should have done better.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:36   #101
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Watched highlights for about 10th time now.
Seans ball back to Yosser was fine.

Callum should have done better for 2nd pen and 3rd goal...
But let's blame Sean.

More goals than Clicker
More assists than Clicker

Oh, and Callums man scored their 2nd.
Awful defending from corner
Old 22-04-2019, 07:39   #102
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Rubbish seans ball back was shocking we were directly in line with it. It also put hughes under pressure, but he could/should have done better.
Hughes had no player within virtually 10yards of him.
How is that under pressure ???
Old 22-04-2019, 07:52   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
No point even mentioning golden boy, he won't get dropped in a month of Sunday's !
Careful Smudgie !.. Heretic mutterings , along with decent, honest and carefully stated opinions and replies are really not appreciated by some of our current contributors !.
Such mutterings could well be met with an outpouring of vitriolic drivel !
Old 22-04-2019, 07:59   #104
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Careful Smudgie !.. Heretic mutterings , along with decent, honest and carefully stated opinions and replies are really not appreciated by some of our current contributors !.
Such mutterings could well be met with an outpouring of vitriolic drivel !
Think he's been better than clark this season
Old 22-04-2019, 08:05   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Hughes had no player within virtually 10yards of him.
How is that under pressure ???
Everyone around us thought seans ball caused it but obviously you know better! Also said hughes should have done better, but change the subject ignore what probably caused the result.

Last edited by cashman; 22-04-2019 at 08:07.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..