Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree99Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2019, 08:06   #106
God Member

Re: The Luton thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'm quite sure that, without the appearance of an fairy godfather who resembles Abramovitch more than Andy Holt, which I for one certainly don't want , Coley's taken us as far as anybody can - to the point, as I seem to recall, where Cashy into November/December thought us nailed on for the Championship playoffs at least . Not sure he's ever likely to change the approach that has got us this far - that's about as likely as Cashy changing his - shall I say - somewhat combative approach to posting on here.

The real point, for anyone wanting or hinting at changes to the management team, is, surely, does anyone seriously think, without said fairy godfather:

1. We have the resources to offer a "better" team a salary they would accept?

2. Even if we could get such a team, we could then offer them the resources to spend on players which might enable us to do more than survive in whichever league they find themselves?

Personally, I'm happy to enjoy my "season in the sun" - even if it's just for one season, though, looking at the various run-ins, I do actually think we will survive.
I agree Chimer Coley has done a great job but eventually even his time will come to go retirement another temptation at a bigger job or he,s fired at which point he would be replaced I reckon there would be a sackful of applications regardless of budgets it's a club with a great chairman and on growing improvements not to mention it's a job and there are plenty out there without one.
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2019, 08:20   #107
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Everyone around us thought seans ball caused it but obviously you know better! Also said hughes should have done better, but change the subject ignore what probably caused the result.
Sean caused what?
It was neither Sean nor Hughes' fault, 999/1000 times that passage of play would not result in what happened.

I understand you may have only watched it once in realtime, but please try and watch highlights. You're thinking of something that didn't happen.
Old 22-04-2019, 08:28   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I did only see in real time and so did many others around us, no-one that did seems to have changed opinion.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:30   #109

Forget it Josh, its like arguing with a pair of soiled underpants
Old 22-04-2019, 09:34   #110
God Member

looked at all comments and for me the game was all about our mistakes no matter who. hope there is a change or two after that performance as its the same old players week in week out who are hardly playing well either. its a bad job when our best player at the moment is a kid who is still learning his trade.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:37   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I reckon there would be a sackful of applications regardless of budgets it's a club with a great chairman and on growing improvements not to mention it's a job and there are plenty out there without one.
steve evans and his showty mate with graham westley as director of hoofball.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:44   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
We’re all entitled to an opinion on here, just as long as it doesn’t go against a certain someone’s opinion. Think that just about summaries it.
Spartacus2nd likes this.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:45   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
He aint arguing with you.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:47   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
We’re all entitled to an opinion on here, just as long as it doesn’t go against a certain someone’s opinion. Think that just about summaries it.
See you aint commented since josh said Super sean passed back probably cos yeh never even seen it. me and josh may disagree on the matter but at least he knows the truth you make it up as yeh go along.
Old 22-04-2019, 10:21   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
No point even mentioning golden boy, he won't get dropped in a month of Sunday's !
Careful Smudgie !.. Heretic mutterings , along with decent, honest and carefully stated opinions and replies are really not appreciated by some of our current contributors !.
Such mutterings could well be met with an outpouring of vitriolic drivel !
smudgie likes this.
Old 22-04-2019, 11:56   #116

Quote:
See you aint commented since josh said Super sean passed back probably cos yeh never even seen it. me and josh may disagree on the matter but at least he knows the truth you make it up as yeh go along.
Of course I seen it. I was there. I have eyes.
Still don’t see how Seans at fault.
Only 1 person to blame for that situation and its Dimi. He had enough time to go and get a cup of tea and then kick it.
But any excuse to blame Sean I suppose.
Old 22-04-2019, 12:43   #117
Full Member+

Cashy, you implied that it was a bad pass from Sean that put (after changing your mind from dimi) hughes under pressure .
That is simply false.
100% that the pen was ONLY dimi's error.

Sean has more goals & assists than Clark this season.
Yes he receives special treatment but he has earnt it.
Wish I could disclose things from behind closed doors but its not for public domain.

Onto Doncaster.
I have personal faves in squad & players im not so keen on.
Right now, im happy for anyone to be our hero & keep us in League 1
Old 22-04-2019, 12:46   #118

Quote:
He aint arguing with you.
Theres a reason why you buy your underpants from C&A, and its so you know which is the front and back
Old 22-04-2019, 12:57   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Yes he receives special treatment but he has earnt it.
Wish I could disclose things from behind closed doors but its not for public domain.
Very worrying if true. Sorry but I don't think any player is entitled to "special treatment". Of doubtful value for team morale.
pifco likes this.
Old 22-04-2019, 13:23   #120
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Very worrying if true. Sorry but I don't think any player is entitled to "special treatment". Of doubtful value for team morale.
Special treatment probably poorly worded.
Looked at favourably, Coley trusts him.

Happens in majority ob jobs.
In my experience has never affected morale if deserved.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..