Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2019, 20:51   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Doncaster match thread.

90 + 3 AFC Wimbledon equalize !.. but so what ?.. dare i give a little Yippee !

Great win against a good team !... on a good pitch !

ON STANLEY !...ON TO GREATER THINGS...Against Plymouth !!
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2019, 20:56   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Great effort against all the odds,but that’s what Acci do best!!!,
Didn’t see it coming to be honest !!!

You must have done Ian !...or I would be disappointed !.

WIGAN FOR PROMOTION ! or not ?
Old 23-04-2019, 20:57   #63
God Member

Bloody brilliant result!! Sounded like they all worked their socks off - well played lads, roll on Saturday
Greger, yonmon and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 21:09   #64
Senior Member+

Just watched the highlights on Sky.. the best of aĺl for me was Billy Kee's superb control and lay-off for Smythy's goal..... sheer poetry !!
But Donny came close at the end !!... but who cares ?... another Yippee coming !!....
Whoops..there it goes !!.

Euphoria abounds !!.
Revived Red and choirboy like this.

Last edited by yonmon; 23-04-2019 at 21:11.
Old 23-04-2019, 21:20   #65
Senior Member+

What a shock to switch on teletext and scroll to the results page to see that magnificent score from Doncaster. 3 points on Saturday and we can all go on holiday until August in the knowledge that we will still be playing league 1 football, although TBH, I wonder how many Mackem fans will be supporting us for our last game away at Pompey. What pleasant dreams I will have tonight and I am sure when Kiwi gets up he will be doing a jig around his home (PS Kiwi, please stay in bed on Saturday too LOL). Euphoria abounds. On Stanley On.
choirboy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 21:24   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
[/B]
You must have done Ian !...or I would be disappointed !.

WIGAN FOR PROMOTION ! or not ?
I have given up predicting anything to do with Acci or Wigan!!!,beating Leeds with ten men !!, Wigan’s and Acci have similar traits
yonmon likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 21:30   #67
Senior Member+

I think I've got this right ….

Bradford and Walsall can't catch us. Worst case 22nd.
Scunthorpe have to play Plymouth. If they draw, neither of them can catch us. Safe (regardless of our result against Plymouth)!!
Otherwise, whichever one loses can't catch us. Worst case 21st.
If we take a point off Plymouth, they can't catch us. And if they then just don't lose to Scunny, we're safe again - because ….
Scunny need to win both their remaining games (the other one's Bradford) to pass us.
And so do Wimbledon (v Wycombe and Bradford)
Southend need a win and a draw (v Rochdale and Sunderland) to catch us.
And Wycombe, Bristol Rovers, Shrewsbury and Rochdale need a point to pass us.

So …. we aren't absolutely safe - but it would need a horrible combination of results for us to go down now.

On Stanley On!!
Old 23-04-2019, 22:12   #68

Cheers Jeff
Old 23-04-2019, 22:24   #69
Super Moderator

Thanks for that, Chimer. Just been trying to work that out meself...and gave up in total confusion!
yonmon and keep the faith like this.
Old 23-04-2019, 23:44   #70
Senior Member+

Lots of ifs and buts there Chimer, makes for an interesting end to the season though.
Here's the way I see it ending. Rochdale and Stanley 54 pts, Shrews 53, Gills and Wycombe 52, Rovers and Plymouth 50, Scuny 49, Wimbledon 48. Southend 47, Walsall 43 and Bradford 38. Of course it won't but as long as we're above 4th I'll take it.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2019, 23:45   #71
Senior Member+

Coley pinned some of the transcripts from this forum on the dressing room wall...::

Allegedly
pifco and RedSocks62 like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 00:01   #72
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Coley pinned some of the transcripts from this forum on the dressing room wall...::

Allegedly
So that's why he put two up front
smudgie and Kiwi John like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 00:10   #73
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytom18 View Post
Befuddles me why Smyth didn’t start up front with Kee vs Luton, he’s always a threat going forward.
Smith up front against Luton's spoiling game would not have worked as the Ref was giving us nowt. Tonight a fair Ref, a good pitch and two teams wanting to play football.
KiTChener likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 00:20   #74

Got to say, the pitch made all the difference tonight, what a brilliant surface, especially at this stage of the season, allowing us to play at our best, along with opponents who play football, rather than some of the brutish bullies we seem to encounter on a more regular basis. Hopefully Andy will not regret his decision to spend 300k to provide us with a similar facility for next season IN LEAGUE ONE!

And, in answer to another poster who wondered why Smyth didn't feature against Luton..... no-one can dribble/run at pace on the ploughed field that doubles as our current pitch, tonight he showed what he can do, given the right facilities.

Also good to see Janoi on the right, he had, IMHO, the best game I have seen him since his return. Big Ben on the left also performed better than he has done in recent times.... in fact, every single one of them 'stepped up to the plate', and thoroughly deserve to continue to play at this level next season!

Wish we could keep them all, but, inevitably, there will be changes in personnel come next season, but, 'Keep the Faith', Coley will ensure that we have suitable replacements for those that either return to parent clubs, or provide Andy with sufficient funds to keep improving, on or off the pitch!
ossy kid, choirboy and Mundo like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 01:45   #75

"I have nothing to declare except John Coleman's genius"

Kim Wilde on going through customs at East Midlands Airport, 1989
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..