Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2019, 04:44   #76
God Member

Re: Doncaster match thread.

Great result, I have yet to read all this thread but I am sure the ref was a complete drongo who did everything in his power to make us lose. WELL DONE STANLEY
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2019, 05:59   #77
God Member

...and for all those who thought i was still in bed-K/O was at 6.45 AM here and I was at work at 7. Still followed it all on phone when able.
Old 24-04-2019, 05:59   #78
God Member

...and i wasnt grumpy for once!! ..
Old 24-04-2019, 07:25   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
...and i wasnt grumpy for once!! ..
John !... now that you're wide awake and de-grumpified!... How about joining me in another
YIPPEEE !..for The Reds !.
Chimer and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 07:36   #80
God Member

YIPEEEEEEE
cashman, Chimer, Greger and 2 others like this.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:20   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Great result, I have yet to read all this thread but I am sure the ref was a complete drongo who did everything in his power to make us lose. WELL DONE STANLEY
Wrong mate. The ref was actually if anything a good ally. Cant believe he only found a minimal amount of injury time at the end .......
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 11:33   #82
Full Member+

Imagine not liking football!!

Unbelievable away day.
Every single player showed pride,passion, belief and commitment.
Can't say a bad word about anyones performance last night.
Conneely covered every blade of grass on that pitch, did the dirty work, dug in, showed so much desire to win every ball he challenged for.
Even had a giggle when he found himself 20 yards out for the second time and had the confidence to have a go at goal, after panicking that he couldn't find a backwards or sideways pass (I joke!!)
Billy must have won 90% of balls played into him. How he shows so much control for a small lad is incredible. Dropped deep and worked tirelessly for the team.
For the opposition and the pitch, playing Smyth worked well.
Funny that when it works people are quick to jump on the 'always should play 2 up front bandwagon' ..... worked really well at home vs Fleetwood & Rochdale didn't it. (back in your box please )

The scenes at the end gave me goosebumps.
Coleys passion and enthusiasm were evident, as was Jimmy's and John Doolan's.

Finally, glad to see McConville have another great game....
Not his biggest fan. Not my favourite player.
Don't like criticising other players either when their talent is evident.

However, for those select few.....

McConville. 11 Goals 7 Assists.
Clark. 6 Goals 6 Assists.

McConville has played nearly 3 hours less football than Clark.
Not League 1 standard anyone??!!?!

And for the record, I think Clark has the technique and ability to play Championship football.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 11:40   #83
Senior Member+

Good solid performance. First half we exceeded expectations and Donny were awful.
Donny had their golden 15 mins start of second half and then after that we managed the game really well.
First for me last night. Yellow card rescinded a minute after given.
Didn't realise what had gone off - I was sat in the stand opposite - until after the game.
McCann up to his tricks causing problems ......
Old 24-04-2019, 11:43   #84

the iFollow commentators were expecting 6-7 mins injury time. I must admit I expected a lot more than two!

There was a goal, and one booking, and a delay whilst the ref had to quell some argy bargy in the goal mouth. We were wasting time a lot, but on reflection that might just have been deemed to be on the right side of the law. eg, Maxted walking slowly to the other corner of the box to take goal kicks.

to his credit the ref booked Donacien fot time wasting in the first half and then rescinded it after much protesting from stanley players and management.

the ifollow commentators were fairly honest with their views. I don't remember them complaining about the ref either.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 11:46   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Imagine not liking football!!

Unbelievable away day.
Every single player showed pride,passion, belief and commitment.
Can't say a bad word about anyones performance last night.
Conneely covered every blade of grass on that pitch, did the dirty work, dug in, showed so much desire to win every ball he challenged for.
Even had a giggle when he found himself 20 yards out for the second time and had the confidence to have a go at goal, after panicking that he couldn't find a backwards or sideways pass (I joke!!)
Billy must have won 90% of balls played into him. How he shows so much control for a small lad is incredible. Dropped deep and worked tirelessly for the team.
For the opposition and the pitch, playing Smyth worked well.
Funny that when it works people are quick to jump on the 'always should play 2 up front bandwagon' ..... worked really well at home vs Fleetwood & Rochdale didn't it. (back in your box please )

The scenes at the end gave me goosebumps.
Coleys passion and enthusiasm were evident, as was Jimmy's and John Doolan's.

Finally, glad to see McConville have another great game....
Not his biggest fan. Not my favourite player.
Don't like criticising other players either when their talent is evident.

However, for those select few.....

McConville. 11 Goals 7 Assists.
Clark. 6 Goals 6 Assists.

McConville has played nearly 3 hours less football than Clark.
Not League 1 standard anyone??!!?!

And for the record, I think Clark has the technique and ability to play Championship football.
You have realised that Sean has exclusivity on every set piece ?
Do you not see how that can produce better stats ?
And that's what it is. Stats for stats sake.
Fail to see the relevance of comparing him to Clark. What about Finlay for instance ?
Sean played great last night but have to say he missed a sitter in between goals.
Time to enjoy the moment.
Have to mention Janoi as well.
So much more comfortable on the right.
Glimpses of his old self.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:48   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Considering he takes all the free kicks and corners nearly, i assist more than clark aint stupendous is it? the goals are a different matter, he will probably always score more than clark, hes a better finisher,
Old 24-04-2019, 11:55   #87

Kee had a great game. Best of the season I would say.

McConville is just a class player. As a fan of only 4 seasons I'm baffled there is any debate ALTHOUGH I do recall that at first I was pleased when he was dropped for Fosu.
I'm also not aware that any Accy fans don't like him. I never hear anything bad on the terraces and on this forum all you get is some accusations that some fans are McConville haters.

Cashy, for example, gets flack for hating McConville, but apart from an occasional grumble, if he does it's been well disguised whilst I've been on here.
Old 24-04-2019, 11:55   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Fail to see the relevance of comparing him to Clark. What about Finlay for instance ?
Clark 42 games 9 goals 4 assists
Finlay 37 games 5 goals 4 assists
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 11:56   #89

I think they’re both excellent players. Sean obviously can’t do no right for some people and thats fair enough, they’re entitled to their opinion. However I think he’s had a pretty solid season. He’s someone who can be relied upon.
Clark has also been pretty solid and chipped in with a few good goals.
Think everyone has been through the poor 3 month spell and it would be easy to pick on ANY player and say how bad they’ve been for that spell.
Anyway, good performance last night from both.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 11:58   #90

Doesn't Clark have the benefit of having Callum Johnson alongside him?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..