Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2019, 06:03   #46
God Member

Re: Pre-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
According to Dan Jewell via twitter, looks like the EFL have said and I quote from dan Jewell’s twitter account, you can see the tweet here and the exchange with the chairman

https://twitter.com/danjewellmedia/s...356140032?s=21

#asfc have been told they won't get payment they've had every season in EFL if they don't sign up to EFL Digital or provide content for streaming. In "my day" this was always a no no due to costs & small fanbase (privately an EFL staff member agreed)
Can't see what's changed

So this equals £35k a year.
That equates to a form of blackmail, how low can the EFL go?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2019, 12:03   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
According to Dan Jewell via twitter, looks like the EFL have said and I quote from dan Jewell’s twitter account, you can see the tweet here and the exchange with the chairman

https://twitter.com/danjewellmedia/s...356140032?s=21

#asfc have been told they won't get payment they've had every season in EFL if they don't sign up to EFL Digital or provide content for streaming. In "my day" this was always a no no due to costs & small fanbase (privately an EFL staff member agreed)
Can't see what's changed

So this equals £35k a year.

Barmy innit. I think this is the ifollow shtuff. Pretty sure the seller of the match pass makes 70%, EFL 20% and ifollow 10%. Last year it was costed at 20k so we'd need to sell 3000 match passes to break even. I think there were around 8 matches available last season so nearly 400 per game ...

Lose 20k or lose 35k ... well done EFL you useless *******
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 12:46   #48
God Member

Two friendly games just announced, 20th July away at Bala Town & 27th away to our friends at Morecambe - can't wait
Old 17-05-2019, 16:26   #49
Full Member+

Bala looks a bit inaccessible to have a drinking day out.

Should be a good sesh in Lancaster before/after the Morecambe game on a sunny Saturday.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 00:18   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Two friendly games just announced, 20th July away at Bala Town & 27th away to our friends at Morecambe - can't wait
Bala's current season isn't over yet. They have a big match on Sunday, with the winners qualifying for the Europa League:
Match preview: Bala Town v Cardiff Met - Bala Town FC
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 15:12   #51
Senior Member+

confirmed on the official website, Stanley to play Warrington Town at Cantilever Park on 22nd July. Team is managwed by former Stanley player paul Carden and Jamie Speare is the goalkeeping coach.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 16:53   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
confirmed on the official website, Stanley to play Warrington Town at Cantilever Park on 22nd July. Team is managwed by former Stanley player paul Carden and Jamie Speare is the goalkeeping coach.
Not forgetting Mark Roberts who is their captain, proper blasts from the past - wouldn't mind going
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:27   #53
Senior Member+

John miles was on the books of Warrington town , still there?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:37   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Don't think so, he joined Cammell Laird after Warrington then dropped off the radar
Old 13-06-2019, 17:26   #55

Finances talk ahead of tonight’s Q&A with Andy golf https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2019...ces-announced/

Full breakdown over the years can be found here

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status...181772800?s=21

Just click his tweets and scroll through
Old 14-06-2019, 18:50   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Not only a crafty striker but also a great singer Dav !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 15:36   #57
God Member

When are the players back for pre-season can't be long now should start seeing some incoming signings I should imagine in the next few days.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 15:38   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dunno suspect next week after fixtures are out this thursday?
Old 16-06-2019, 18:18   #59
Senior Member+

First friendly is 8 July so you would think 1st July ??
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 18:21   #60

Another friendly due to be announced tomorrow. According to his twitter, Andy Holt says it's a big club and we've had to find another ground to host it.

This is either actually a massive friendly against a big club at a neutral ground.... Or because we haven't got the pitch available yet we are playing someone like camel laird or Whitby at Bamber Bridge.

Any ideas?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..