Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2019, 19:08   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Retained list 2019/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Regardless of how good the players are as individuals, they need to quickly gel together as a team.
Did we best have the best individual players when we won League 2? No.
Did we have the best team? Yes.
Thats a good assessment i think, but i do think the squad got a good chance of gelling quickly.
Old 16-07-2019, 19:45   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats a good assessment i think, but i do think the squad got a good chance of gelling quickly.
Aye, this pre-season the squad has the luxury of several weeks rather than a few hours in the past.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 07:35   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think we will have a decent squad if we can add a keeper? fingers crossed.
agree. a keeper like betonelli was on a full season loan would do. the present keepers we have are only back up ones at the best.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 08:51   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree. a keeper like betonelli was on a full season loan would do. the present keepers we have are only back up ones at the best.
Agree yet disagree loanees ok if you can keep them for the duration keeper such an important position also Evtimov is talented a run in the side with a keeper pushing him will do him a world of good Maxted I,m afraid just wasn't up to it for me.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 09:01   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Agree yet disagree loanees ok if you can keep them for the duration keeper such an important position also Evtimov is talented a run in the side with a keeper pushing him will do him a world of good Maxted I,m afraid just wasn't up to it for me.
I also thought Etimov was easily best of the two we had, but a season loan i wouldn't mind but prefer a bought one.
Old 18-07-2019, 07:52   #96
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1229659]Agree yet disagree loanees ok if you can keep them for the duration keeper such an important position

i meant for a complete season and not till the new year like last season. do not want to get into the situation like we had a few seasons ago with a different keeper coming in which seemed like every few weeks.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 21:20   #97
Senior Member+

Any news about Rodney ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 09:09   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Any news about Rodney ?
No but IMHO can't see him returning any time soon shame cause Billy's a great lad.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:15   #99
Full Member+

Just a quick FYI for anyone going to Bala tomorrow;
Understand it's going to be a mixture of fringe and youth players playing as Coley doesn't want to risk key players on artificial pitch.
Stronger XI on Monday at Warrington.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 15:51   #100

With the latest signing today, anyone know where you can see an up to date squad list?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 16:29   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
With the latest signing today, anyone know where you can see an up to date squad list?
On Accrington Stanley Wikipedia page scroll down to squad.
Old 23-07-2019, 17:24   #102
Senior Member+

The question has to be asked and the fans deserve an answer - what is happening re Rodney ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 17:27   #103

I dont think we 'deserve' an answer at all. We all know Billy's issues and all we can do is respect his privacy and leave him to it.

But I'd wager that he's at least 2 months away if he returns - we should plan for life after Kee
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 17:35   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
The question has to be asked and the fans deserve an answer - what is happening re Rodney ?
We've been told all we need to know, why do you think us fans 'deserve an answer' - we're not entitled to know everything that's going on with any player, if anyone deserves anything I'd say it's Billy who deserves his privacy as would any other individual who is having personal issues
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 19:20   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
On Accrington Stanley Wikipedia page scroll down to squad.

Ta. Squad is getting pretty sizeable, pretty much got cover in every outfield position
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..