Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 3 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2019, 11:05   #1
Full Member+

2019/20 fixtures

August fixtures look decent definitely winnable imo, League one “north” looking good. Should be some good gates too. Lincoln a tough start as they will do well I imagine. Really excited now for the new season. Up the Stanley

Thoughts?

Last edited by accytom18; 20-06-2019 at 11:07.
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2019, 08:51   #2
God Member

Re: 2019/20 fixtures

i,m bored so cannot wait for the season to start although lincoln away reminds me of when we got promoted newport away the first game of the season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 09:51   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i aint bored am enjoying the cricket.
yonmon likes this.
Old 21-06-2019, 13:31   #4
God Member

Last game of the season on a Sunday with 12 o'clock kick off - better than being on south coast with a teatime start, don't know if Wycombe fans will be too impressed though
yonmon, sherry and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 20:05   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
...You supporting Sri Lanka?-good onya
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 07:24   #6
God Member

Quote:
can never get my head round watching cricket but loved playing it. in fact i enjoyed it more than playing football and hockey. mind you for me the worst is yet to come, the all england tennis championship.
Old 23-06-2019, 08:45   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
can never get my head round watching cricket but loved playing it. in fact i enjoyed it more than playing football and hockey. mind you for me the worst is yet to come, the all england tennis championship.
My dad played it in Lancs league before the war so he took me when i was very young, like he did with Stanley, so thats how i started,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-06-2019, 09:33   #8
God Member

Quote:
My dad played it in Lancs league before the war so he took me when i was very young, like he did with Stanley, so thats how i started,
yes i can see where you are coming from. always seems to me that cricket in yorkshire and lancashire is much more popular than in county durham or anywhere else in the country for that matter. go into a pub in the cricket season in these two counties and cricket is a regular topic of talk.
Old 23-06-2019, 11:28   #9
God Member

Can't abide cricket, my uncle used to take me when I was quite young - you'll enjoy it, he'd say - was bored to tears & it put me off for life, all I can remember is asking when it would start when apparently they'd been playing for almost an hour - definitely not my cup of tea, Wimbledon on the other hand keeps me occupied & nicely leads up to our pre-season games
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:49   #10
God Member

think the problem with cricket is the long time a match takes plus the weather in this country. even local league level its a long saturday afternoon especially if its either too hot or more likely too cold and wet. its like everything, its each to their own and thankfully we are all different. if we weren,t then that would be really boring.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 25-06-2019, 20:33   #11
God Member

Season might start badly for our friends at Bury.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48761650
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 08:43   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

what a damn shame.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-06-2019, 19:45   #13

Up to a couple of days ago they had no players, 1 friendly lined up and their offices/ground shut. This should be a busy time off the pitch but if the ground is locked up ...

Their adjourned high court hearing will be heard a week before the season starts, and the debts need to be settled (or accepted), or the club sale agreed. HMRC wont agree to 25% ...

Any potential buyer has 5 weeks to decide to buy, do their due diligence, deal with Steve Dale (who wants a lot of money for something he paid a quid for, finalise the deal, deal with the hearing, and put a squad together. Dunno if the groundsman has been working ...

I wont be buying a ticket for our match with them just yet
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 08:27   #14
God Member

Quote:
what a damn shame.
it is for their fans as they have no real say in how badly their club is run. like us they just turn up and watch the game, supporting their club. they will be the ones who suffer as most are their for life unlike the owners.

« Rip | Sad news , »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..