Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2019, 16:33   #16
God Member

Re: Anyone going to Morecambe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
am going market shop tomoz to collect my books will ask em if no-ones told yeh di.
Thanks Cashy, Adam's messaged me - coaches are still setting of at same time to save any confusion
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2019, 20:52   #17

I cant understand ANYONE disagreeing with the day out being of paramount importance. If we just wanted to watch the football and going home i for one would rather watch a game.on telly and save fiftt quid!

The day out is part of the matchday experience and anyone who doesnt agree should tell Andy to cancel the brass bands and tents - theyre not needed.

For some that might mean sightseeing, for others it might be seeing if "their Asda is better than ours". For others its a damn good sesh round town. My drinking days are gone so im not arsed but a trip round Morecambe or some back street Leyland spit n sawdust gaffes ... hmm
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 07:20   #18
Senior Member+

Well said Spartacus.

I coulden't give two hoots about drinking, but I know id rather have a walk around Morecambe sea front eating fish n chips than another soulless trip to Leyland.

Quite how Mr T doesn't see that in his eternal wisdom is mind-boggling, though not surprising.
monkey hanger likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 07:44   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would prefer to walk round Morecambe, but aint bothered in the slightest, Leyland have a decent pitch, plus its nearer, so its a case of pluses @ minuses to me.
Old 27-07-2019, 07:45   #20
God Member

[QUOTE=smudgie;1229835]

I coulden't give two hoots about drinking, but I know id rather have a walk around Morecambe sea front eating fish n chips than another soulless trip to Leyland.

think for a lot of fans who do not regularly go away a game at some coastal spot is always a more attractive fixture. imagine a lot like me who,s partners have no interest in football cannot wait to go to a morecambe, blackpool or any other coastal town for a change. they do their own thing whilst we go to the match. a day out in leyland or luton would hardly get em excited.
smudgie likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 10:19   #21
Full Member+

Very disappointing for us not to have had a home pre-season friendly.

I think John O'Sullivan and Adam Buxton will make appearances at some stage of the match.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 10:22   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
Very disappointing for us not to have had a home pre-season friendly.

I think John O'Sullivan and Adam Buxton will make appearances at some stage of the match.
it will be, we been in same boat cos pitch was not ready, but its summat we gotta live with as its for greater good imho.
Morecambe_Red likes this.
Old 27-07-2019, 14:36   #23
Senior Member+

Short term sacrifices for long term gains, for both clubs regarding the pitches.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 15:52   #24
God Member

Finished 2 nil to Stanley, goals from Bishop & Super Sean - can always trust Morecambe to deliver us the win
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 16:33   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Not a good first half second half much better, deserved win though morecambe i thought should took lead but missed the spot kick. Thought Ross and callum were superb, there was players on the pitch second half no idea who? cos their numbers not on the team sheet, whats that all about? the trialist10 had a decent game with one error only,
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 27-07-2019 at 16:38.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 19:56   #26
Full Member+

Not a great spectacle but hopefully a win will help in some way.

Full of idiot Blackburn fans in the train singing about past glories and displaying general idiocy singing about another east lancs team who are well above them.
choirboy likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 20:10   #27
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Anyone going to Morecambe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Not a great spectacle but hopefully a win will help in some way.

Full of idiot Blackburn fans in the train singing about past glories and displaying general idiocy singing about another east lancs team who are well above them.
In thirteen months time they could be singing about Accrington Stanley being “Above” them in the league!
ON STANLEY ON.
AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 20:14   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not a good first half second half much better, deserved win though morecambe i thought should took lead but missed the spot kick. Thought Ross and callum were superb, there was players on the pitch second half no idea who? cos their numbers not on the team sheet, whats that all about? the trialist10 had a decent game with one error only,
Was one of them “Trialist A?”
If so, how did he play?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 21:14   #29

Have to agree with Cashy's summary.
It was all Morecambe for the first 15 minutes, with some slick one-touch passing.
We looked like a team of strangers for most of the first half, the exception being trialist no.10 who slowly began to dominate the midfield. Very impressed.
The Shrimps started the second half on fire & when they won the penalty, I thought we were in for an embarrassing afternoon.
It wasn't until the subs appeared that we began to dominate play - the more changes we made, the better we got.
Two well worked classy goals made all the difference & by the end of the game, the tables had turned & we looked more like a L1 side.
Respect to Morecambe who gave a spirited performance. Good luck to them for the coming season.
Some of the new faces looked promising. Let's hope Professor Coleman can turn that promise into a winning formula.
Morecambe_Red likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 05:57   #30
Full Member+

must admit I have to disagree about number 10, apart from his ability to control seemingly every ball with his chest, I thought his passing was poor and his positional play awful.
funny how people watching the same player at the same game see things differently - guess that’s why we all love the game, be boring if we all thought the same ‘eyy!
Johnson has been superb these last few games, is he stepping it up the same way as Big Ben did knowing he’s got a move ahead??
I love clicker as a footballer and a person; but he really needs to work on his finishing and left foot. If he could play on the left, I’ve no doubt he would do as Sean does we superbly and cut in and finish on his right foot.
Won’t moan at him too much about missing from a few yards as think the defender did well to use his strength to nudge him wide..... Plus at half time Pritchard managed to put a ball over from a yard out....with no keeper....or defenders haha!
on Pritchard, I do like the look of him and think he could be a really good midfielder for us, bit of flair but knows how to win the ball back.
Also starting to really like the look of Maguire..
Bishop could be an absolute cult hero at the club (and he’s worn 29 before......).
Only negative is Sam in the middle. Been sloppy last few games. I still don’t see him as an attacking midfielder - feel he would do much better as a holding midfielder like Seamus.

Only loanees I could really see us needing is a keeper and 2 strikers.
Zanzala torn hamstring I believe so out for numerous weeks.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..