Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2019, 19:13   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Our neighbours..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Cala is the one responsible for Gateshead being refused their licence to play in the National League last season, there's no way the EFL can possibly allow him to buy another club surely??
why not? they have allowed any twisting sod to take oer clubs.
Old 27-08-2019, 22:23   #137
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Bury have been kick out of the EFL 😔😔😔😔😔
Old 27-08-2019, 22:25   #138
Senior Member+

Sad news about Bury:
https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august...gue-withdrawn/
Not much better for Bolton;
https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august...drawal-lifted/

Good luck to both sets of fans. Presumably there will be moves to set up a phoenix club but I wonder what the situation is with ground ownership.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 23:02   #139
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Bolton have until the 12th September to sort their deal or face the same fate as Bury 😔😔
Old 27-08-2019, 23:08   #140
God Member

Absolutely GUTTED for the fans of Bury FC. Totally gutted.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 04:36   #141
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
The EFL needs to do the right thing, stick to its deadlines and allow both these clubs to fold so the fans can begin the process of setting up Phoenix fan owned clubs.
You really are a clueless numpty aren't you !!! I could use stronger words...but rules dictate that I can't.

134 years of HISTORY has just been pi$$Ed away by not only the EFL....but a pair of Conmen who have systematically ruined a club. Inside a fortnight..a founder member of the league will probably follow suit.

Bury are the first of the "domino" effect that will surely follow.

I despair that "pontificating" pricks like you have a voice. Engage your brain before hitting the keyboard !!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 07:31   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

What a damn shame for Burys fans, brings back 62 to me.
Old 28-08-2019, 07:54   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
You really are a clueless numpty aren't you !!! I could use stronger words...but rules dictate that I can't.

134 years of HISTORY has just been pi$$Ed away by not only the EFL....but a pair of Conmen who have systematically ruined a club. Inside a fortnight..a founder member of the league will probably follow suit.

Bury are the first of the "domino" effect that will surely follow.

I despair that "pontificating" pricks like you have a voice. Engage your brain before hitting the keyboard !!!!
I agree as posted earlier I think there will be a domino effect because the EFL is spineless and the rules not fit for the current financial system of football that favours the premier league, if you can,t pay wages it should be flagged up as the first warning and points deducted, league one this season now down to 23 Bolton still not safe playing with kids giving the opposition an advantage then they could go down to 22 the EFL have really handled this badly.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 08:19   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
....but I wonder what the situation is with ground ownership.
The ground is precisely what spiv football club owners are after.
Bury, if you can believe Dale, was bought off a property developer for £1 but the ground has a mortgage for £3.6m, apparently held by Capital Bridging Finance Solutions Limited.
https://www.capitalbfs.co.uk/about#OUR-TEAM

Just hope that Bury Council make it as difficult as possible when the planning application for housing development on Gigg Lane is proposed. If not already done, first thing would be to make the ground an Asset of Community Value, and then designate it open space in the Local Plan.
Revived Red and yonmon like this.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 28-08-2019 at 08:21.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 08:48   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It would need more than a fan. It would need a very, very rich fan who doesn’t mind spend several millions of his/her pounds, with no prospect of any return, taking on a risky mortgage, and doesn’t care to think too hard about such things.
i know they,ll have to pay off all the debts but how much have others spent on fleetwood, salford and forest green over the years to buy success. at least bury have a current fanbase.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 09:01   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i know they,ll have to pay off all the debts but how much have others spent on fleetwood, salford and forest green over the years to buy success. at least bury have a current fanbase.
Good luck to Bury fans. Stanley did it, Wimbledon did it, Hereford are doing it but I’m afraid that many of football fans today just follow the money.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 12:36   #147
Senior Member+

This is so so sad for all Bury FC supporters.......
I don't know much about how a business is run or about the financial world.
What I do know is that there are several thousand Bury people going to be stopped supporting their club through no fault of their own!
It seems to be clear to me that these' businessmen' who buy clubs are not properly vetted or monitored properly in the way that they run their football clubs. People refer to this 'Fit and Proper Test' that the EFL apply initially but surely this should be an 'on going' monitoring process. If it is clear that the businessmen do not run a club properly then there should be a process where they could be removed long before the situation becomes so dire!
IMHO 'business' is A high risk world and in manufacturing or services competition is high and some businesses will go out of business.

IMHO Football clubs are not the same sort of 'businesses' but instead are 'Community Projects' that help people to have a focus in life where they can come together for the common good.

RISE UP BURY AND RETURN!
It took STANLEY many years but we returned and so can you!
KEEP THE FAITH!
cashman and Taypot like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 13:26   #148
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dont wish Bolton any harm, but seems very odd to me, how the bigger club gets 2 weeks longer to sort it out?
Old 28-08-2019, 14:01   #149
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont wish Bolton any harm, but seems very odd to me, how the bigger club gets 2 weeks longer to sort it out?
They haven't Cashy, Bury got their two weeks notice on 9th August, Bolton got theirs last night - prior to that their sale appeared to be on track for going abead
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 15:45   #150
God Member

Very sad news indeed, as others have said

All we can hope for is in years to come - soon I hope - that Bury FANs will have a Club to watch and support!!!

Up the Shakers

cashman, yonmon, choirboy and 1 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..