Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2019, 15:28   #16
God Member

Re: Wombles Thread

Holy moly - get in lad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2019, 15:46   #17
God Member

C'mon reds, pinch it.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 15:56   #18
Senior Member+

1-1 FT .

Happy with a point, especially with 10 men !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 16:00   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Defo good away point with 10 men.
smudgie likes this.
Old 17-08-2019, 16:02   #20
God Member

Top result...Well done you men in red.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 16:08   #21
God Member

Well done lads, roll on Tuesday
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 16:09   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well done lads, roll on Tuesday
were gonna need better home form this season i reckon,
Old 17-08-2019, 18:31   #23
God Member

A couple of months off, i’d Forgotten how exhausting it can be watching Stanley.
Overall, Stanley were a bit lucky to come away with a point but deserved something for their response after the sending off.
Isn’t the first time but it seemed to me that the opponents were fitter, faster, and stronger, but maybe that’s to be expected with home teams.
Had the pleasure of sitting next to Zaine’s mum and neither of us could believe that he got a red card. They were other players on the field constantly pushing and shoving, and yet it was Francis-Angol who got dismissed for what looked like nothing worse than a 50/50 tackle. Maybe the video will reveal more.
My MotM has to be Evtimov who kept Stanley in it on several occasions, one right at the death; he couldn’t do anything with a fiercely hit, deflected own goal.
Thought the two new strikers did well against strong and canny defenders. Without Sir William Kee, it needs a different strategy and it was good to see Stanley forwards challenging big defenders for high ball and crosses.
Some of the established players looked out of form. Didn’t see much of what we’ve come to expect of Messrs Clark, Johnson, or McConville.
Midfield still appears to need work. Conneely’s role, and certainly his style, is generally defensive, breaking up play. It feels like there needs to be another midfielder alongside him who is calm and can create attacking openings. For me, Finlay spent too much time looking for a fight, giving away the ball with niggling fouls.
Early days, but Wimbledon were not that good. Anything less than a point would have been a massive disappointment, so we’ll done to the team for today’s effort.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 19:16   #24
Senior Member+

Sorry mate got to disagree. Two nailed on yellows from where I was sat.
We’re a work in progress.
Let’s hope we have enough time to finish the job.
For what it’s worth Conneely’s role is vital to the team especially away from home.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 19:18   #25
Senior Member+

By the way does anyone know why we no longer get the Coley interview on Twitter any more ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:31   #26
God Member

Any point away from home at this level is to be applauded, we now have to get the home form right starting Tuesday Coley says Baker Richardson not match sharp yet as didn't get any pre season games at Swansea, so hopefully will get sharper if the front 2 can get a understanding going early then we may have a potent big tall threat upfront.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:49   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
By the way does anyone know why we no longer get the Coley interview on Twitter any more ?
No idea but a short video is on the new site.
Old 18-08-2019, 08:54   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
bbclancashiresport have it now on their twitter account mate
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 10:29   #29

I’d have to politely disagree and say I thought Seamus was man of the match yesterday. Best I’ve seen him in a long time.
Also thought Sean was excellent, particularly filling in at left back after the red.
Thought first half was pretty even, they had chances we had chances and they scored against the run of play really.
First 20 of the second half was really poor but the red card seemed to liven us up.
Once we scored I thought we grew in confidence. They rarely threatened our goal with an extra man, besides the header which was the last kick of the game.
Don’t think we’re a million miles away from clicking but hopefully it happens sooner rather than later. All in all a good point given the circumstances.
cashman likes this.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 19:01   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
the header which was the last kick of the game.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..