Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2020, 13:42   #121
God Member

Re: iFollow and Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I do not like the 'under investigation' bit to be honest... hope it does not end up in us having to forfeit these games??

My original point about consistency things need to be crystal clear if the rules if there is any to follow in these circumstances don't break or abuse them should be ok, with this lot running the show don't hold your breath.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2020, 14:42   #122
God Member

Agreed mate

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 16:17   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Andy Holt reckons we have made £18540 revenue so far would have with fans the 4 home games would have been £180000. If the season continues in the same vein and is not helped financially Stanley looking at £500000+ loss with a rough reckoning.
Surely there are other savings though ? Security, match day staffing etc ?
Also what about the season ticket revenue that hasn't been returned ?
I'm not an accountant and not good with figures maybe someone can clarify.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 16:30   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Surely there are other savings though ? Security, match day staffing etc ?
Also what about the season ticket revenue that hasn't been returned ?
I'm not an accountant and not good with figures maybe someone can clarify.
Not one myself but I dread if the season lasts that long drawing Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd of FA cup doesn't even bear thinking about that potential earner or lack of.
Old 26-10-2020, 16:42   #125
God Member

Smile Re: iFollow and Stanley

Quote:
Not one myself but I dread if the season lasts that long drawing Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd of FA cup doesn't even bear thinking about that potential earner or lack of.
IF and it is a BIG IF, we were to draw M** U** away, at least we could sell tickets for the game

I will say it, before somebody else does

andyd and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 17:12   #126
Super Moderator

All very complicated and still no atcual "rules" as this is all "brand new" and everything is on a "case by case" basis.

Clubs who ask for suspensions will need to show how many issues they have; what might not have been done just right and how to improve going forward.

As always its rather confusing and stressful !!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 17:34   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
All very complicated and still no atcual "rules" as this is all "brand new" and everything is on a "case by case" basis.

Clubs who ask for suspensions will need to show how many issues they have; what might not have been done just right and how to improve going forward.

As always its rather confusing and stressful !!
Must be a nightmare Mark good luck to everyone involved in the employment of football your going to need it hopefully not but will probably get worse before it finally gets better.
Old 27-10-2020, 09:03   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I do not like the 'under investigation' bit to be honest... hope it does not end up in us having to forfeit these games??

plenty of other games have been postponed but when stanley are concerned its under investigation. if they want to investigate someone then get the FA to investigate barnet. 1 case and they call off a home game v top of the league hartlepool. a week later with 4 or 7 cases, depending which source you read, they manage to play a really winnable fa cup game to get the money.
pifco likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 07:52   #129
God Member

Apparently there was a load of issues especially concerning league 2 games last night with IFollow EFL has issued an apology this morning urging fans to use the IFollow on line live chat service to seek refunds etc:- good luck with that one. A lot of fans from various clubs saying service isn't fit for purpose and an alternative should be found maybe not that straight forward.
Old 28-10-2020, 08:19   #130

All games in the EFL that are being postponed because of Covid are being investigated. It's not just happening to Stanley. Can't speak for Barnet though as they're no longer in the league.
cashman likes this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 20:22   #131
God Member

Germany to stop fans from attending games again due to rising cases of Covid their, not good to hear doesn't look likely we'll be going back anytime soon.
Old 29-10-2020, 08:26   #132
God Member

anyone know if the tranmere cup game will be streamed or being a cup game does someone own the rights for transmission.
Old 29-10-2020, 08:43   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
anyone know if the tranmere cup game will be streamed or being a cup game does someone own the rights for transmission.
Not looking hopeful. I found this on the EFL website:
https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ that includes:
'Please note: Carabao Cup Round One - Four (excluding those involving a Premier League club) and Papa John’s Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast) but there will be no The FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.'
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 09:09   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Not looking hopeful. I found this on the EFL website:
https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ that includes:
'Please note: Carabao Cup Round One - Four (excluding those involving a Premier League club) and Papa John’s Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast) but there will be no The FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.'
More great news then so Barrow away on the 10th will be the next a full 3 weeks without a game to watch, hindsight is easy and not blaming any clubs but we all were led to believe there would be a gradual return of fans so at all clubs big response on season ticket sales. If everyone knew what they know now would the uptake as been as good, reading various fans forums and Facebook and Twitter sites I would say no.
Old 29-10-2020, 10:44   #135
God Member

Quote:
More great news then so Barrow away on the 10th will be the next a full 3 weeks without a game to watch, hindsight is easy and not blaming any clubs but we all were led to believe there would be a gradual return of fans so at all clubs big response on season ticket sales. If everyone knew what they know now would the uptake as been as good, reading various fans forums and Facebook and Twitter sites I would say no.
plus we were told that live streaming was brought in for fans being banned from games. its not ideal but better than nothing which seems to be the case for the FA Cup. just wonder if its the BBC again who own the rights for television blocking streaming whilst other companies who own the rights for the other competitions are not. if thats the case then football fans should join any defund the BBC organisations.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..