Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2019, 18:19   #16
God Member

Re: The Fleetwood game Thread

Is that M for Muppet?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2019, 18:21   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Is that M for Muppet?
well the Ref certainly was but thats NO excuse to me for that performance.
Old 24-08-2019, 18:28   #18
Senior Member+

I know I’m in a ****ed off mood but if you’re going to do an interview with the Manager can we please have a recording we can bloody hear. Jesus wept kit can’t be that expensive.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 18:30   #19
Senior Member+

From the Fishy site 29th July 2019 Sean McConville talking about his role at Stanley this season:

Sean is one of the older members of the squad and he says that reflects in his more professional approach to football.

“I think Mark (Hughes) was saying, when we came back, that I was the second oldest which is scary.

“I enjoy it, I am at that age where I have got to set examples day in and day out in the way I conduct myself on and off the pitch and on the training ground to these young players.

Fleetwood?
:
yonmon likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 18:51   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well he was not very professional this afternoon.
Old 24-08-2019, 19:33   #21
Full Member+

Finley best player in a Stanley shirt by a country mile.
Clark yet again vanished into thin air.
Johnson needs to man up.
Conneely was far too sloppy considering his role.
Sykes and Hughes were average at best although at least Sykes looked like he cared and is definitely a future captain.
Francis-Angol played okay - seems a better option than Maguire.
Bishop won nothing in the air - yes it’s frustrating that he seems to be just missing simple tap ins however it’s a big step up and you can train agility.

Surprised no Sousa/Carvalho on bench.
Need to be far more direct. Too much nice football was played in our own half.
cashman likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 19:33   #22
God Member

Jings, the ‘highlights’ are horrendous.
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...2-0-accrington

Surely McConville’s ‘shot’ wasn’t Stanley’s best attacking effort?
The first goal came from Sykes neither controlling nor clearing a ball.
Johnson heads the ball back towards his goal into the path of their forward.
Conneely loses control of the ball in the box that results in the penalty.
And then McConville gets himself sent off after the ref had blown for a free kick in his favour.
Back to King George’s, methinks, on Monday.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 20:04   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Finley best player in a Stanley shirt by a country mile.
Clark yet again vanished into thin air.
Johnson needs to man up.
Conneely was far too sloppy considering his role.
Sykes and Hughes were average at best although at least Sykes looked like he cared and is definitely a future captain.
Francis-Angol played okay - seems a better option than Maguire.
Bishop won nothing in the air - yes it’s frustrating that he seems to be just missing simple tap ins however it’s a big step up and you can train agility.

Surprised no Sousa/Carvalho on bench.
Need to be far more direct. Too much nice football was played in our own half.
I reckon our keeper musta been instructed to short pass the ball out? i fail to understand why if thats the case? it puts us in danger many times as i see it if ball is lost in our half, surely its better to boot the ball long? at least if its then lost its in the opponents half as i see it.
Old 24-08-2019, 20:10   #24
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I reckon our keeper musta been instructed to short pass the ball out? i fail to understand why if thats the case? it puts us in danger many times as i see it if ball is lost in our half, surely its better to boot the ball long? at least if its then lost its in the opponents half as i see it.
we’d be just giving them possession if we did that, won nothing in the air today.
Playing out from the back is effective, if you have the off the ball moment. I saw a snail move quicker than our lads today.
Simpson likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 20:31   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
we’d be just giving them possession if we did that, won nothing in the air today.
Playing out from the back is effective, if you have the off the ball moment. I saw a snail move quicker than our lads today.
oh i agree but to me its less danger to us if its lost in there half surely.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Old 24-08-2019, 20:36   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well he was not very professional this afternoon.
No, he wasn't but if you look at the photo Kipax has posted on Facebook it clearly shows Evans also raised his hands to Sean so how come he only got a yellow?
Not in any way condoning Sean's actions but it looks like six of them be & half a dozen of the other so both should have received the same punishment.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 20:37   #27

Then sign the snail, no worse than the panic punts taken so far. Absolutely pafetic, with a capital F!
As for money spent on longer term contracts, is anyone seeing a return on the investment?
You don’t manage at this level by splitting the camp , looking after an inner circle and betting on signings that together hadn’t reached double figures in league appearances ( I think the first 3 hadn’t from memory).
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 21:35   #28
God Member

Just watching EFL on Quest, I know it wasn't a good game but talk about blink & you'll miss it! Was hardly worth watching for the couple of seconds mention we got & what there was was so one sided the commentator must've been wearing blinkers
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 11:51   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Then sign the snail, no worse than the panic punts taken so far. Absolutely pafetic, with a capital F!
As for money spent on longer term contracts, is anyone seeing a return on the investment?
You don’t manage at this level by splitting the camp , looking after an inner circle and betting on signings that together hadn’t reached double figures in league appearances ( I think the first 3 hadn’t from memory).
You won’t get any solace from the die hards mate.
The gambles are numerous and huge.
Not the boys fault (I use the word boys because we are short of men).
Something radical has to change before the rot sets in but for the life of me I have no idea what radical is.
Can’t see another foray into the market and still a risk of departures.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 12:41   #30
Senior Member+

Much has been said previously about ' The Coley Magic ' and how, given time, he can take a bunch of apparent novices and create a situation where eleven men ( boys if you prefer ! ) somehow cohere into a unit which provides the expected success !.
Now, although being a lifelong admirer of the lads who are, and have been performers making up the Magic Circle, I go along with the word ' illusion ' but shy away from anything described as ' Magic ' . But what I do believe that as far as Football ( OK Di ? ) is concerned, that there are Managers who really do have more acumen than others where developing and maintaining the skills of individual players and their team/squad ..and JC is one of these !.
Another word, this time one I can give credence to, is patience, and now I feel is not the time to doubt the management skills of JC but to allow a little time for change to happen !.
In my mind the key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it !.
I feel that as far as this this season goes there won't be any magic... just the sort of honest graft and application which has led our club to the wonderful situation we can witness as we enter its gates !.

End of novelette!.

ON STANLEY ON !.. TO GREATER THINGS !! .
AccyMad, Chimer, choirboy and 2 others like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..