Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2019, 17:48   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Milton Keynes Dons Match Thread (H)

not that great i thought. but our defence can be a bit shaky.
Old 31-08-2019, 17:49   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
How did the Mk dons play?
They played well, but you would know that....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 17:57   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well i wish we were playing em every week to be honest.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-08-2019, 18:16   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Maguire did not play??
Oops, well are number 10 played well I thought

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 18:21   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Oops, well are number 10 played well I thought

number 10 was Pritchard thought he did pretty well.
Old 31-08-2019, 18:33   #36
God Member

Smile Re: Milton Keynes Dons Match Thread (H)

Pritchard - lad from Bolton - played well every time I have seen him

All the young lads played well today

Colby is a player in the making - all hail King Coley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dion, Colby, Clark and Pritchard ran themselves into the ground

Star performer today was Finley!

My M.O.M. - though do not disagree with Jordan - one thing that struck me was after we equalised, he got the ball back to the spot and bo££ocked the rest of the team who were celebrating!! The win and 3 points was the only thing on his mind

Well deserved win, against a well organised team

cashman, choirboy and chevyfire like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 18:52   #37
Senior Member+

Really enjoyed the game and thought both teams tried to play.
This league is unforgiving and at halftime it didn’t look good.
Coleys words at halftime looked to have worked and they upped the tempo.
Front four worked their socks off and defended from the front,but the lad who caught my eye was the left back,who looked very composed.
Watching Clark had me wondering whether he could be converted into a right back,which,in my opinion,would give him a shot of playing in the championship.
Reminds me of Kieron Trippier for some reason.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 18:56   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Overall I think we deserved the win but they made us sweat.
We played some good football at times.
Clark's direct running caused problems. Maguire looked good on the left wing dear better than at left back.
The long ball over the top caused problems between Evitmov and Hughes. A vital 3 points towards at least staying in the division.
A good day for Accrington and surrounding area with the soapbox racing and a Stanley win!

Maguire didn't come off the bench today mate, that was Pritchard (understandable mistake though, they're both called Joe)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 22:15   #39
Senior Member+

Enjoyed the match today apart from 2 things.
1. An over fussy referee
2. the short corner routine that did not work once as far as I recall.
However, the team that was put out today should keep everybodies favourite player out for longer than 3 weeks, I, of course, refer to Sean McC.
Bishop and Charles look to be strengthening their partnership up front, Finlay and Pritchard with help from both wing backs look good for supporting the front two.
The defence can look shaky and the way Hughes had a go at Dimitar for the MK 'equaliser that wasn't' looks like they do not have confidence in the keeper! Personally I thought Dimi did exactly the right thing by coming out to try and put off the attacker and probably did not notice the flag going up from the assistant. Still all was well that ended well, the first win of the season, out of the relegation zone and good to see a number of Bury fans watching the 'Reds'
choirboy and chevyfire like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:47   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the short corner thing is a complete waste of an attacking movement, i believe its done due to instruction? think if so the ultras should changeone of the songs.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:59   #41
God Member

thought pritchard was our best player yesterday. the two lads upfront might not be the best in the league but they give us what every fan wants and thats total commitment over the game. a good trier is better tan a good lazy sod everyday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:12   #42
God Member

good 27th minute applause and a nice EFL chant also.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:29   #43
Senior Member+

Well my 2nd match of the season and it was very similar to my first , we look pretty good going forward. As others have said, really impressed with Bishop and Charles, they run themselves into the ground. Bishop's goal = Perfect poachers finish, which is a good attribute to have for sure.

With Clarke on one side and Pritchard on the other we look very dangerous indeed in the attacking third of the pitch. Will be rather interesting to see what Coleman does when mr boy wonder himself is back from suspension, no doubt he will be straight back into the XI.

............ However contrast that to the defending which for me needs major surgery if we are to stop conceding goals, simple. I actually think Evitimov is a good shot stopper, excellent handling and distribution however his decision making simply isn't up to it at the moment. Im no goalkeeping coach but I think Tony Warner has a big job on his hands to coach that element into Dimi, I just hope he does because there's certainly potential there.

As for the rest of the back 4 we actually look like a hot knife through butter. Johnson is obviously pretty solid but Hughes for me either wasn't fit or has lost that half a yard. Not sure his constant rollocking of Dimi and Angel was worth it, he needs to look at his own performance before giving others both barrels. Sykes again looks decent but was very lucky to get away with another mistake close to full time, can't say im blown away with the performance of Angel at LB either.

Will be interesting to see who plays against Fleetwood on Tuesday night in the paint pot, assuming the likes of Edwards, Maguire, Bursik, Barclay, Rodgers etc will play 90 minutes so we certainly have alternatives!

Must mention my favourite moments yesterday, I thought the minute silence was superbly respected by both sets of fans and also was wonderful to see some of our friends from Bury wearing their colours in the Clayton End. I cannot imagine what they are going through at the moment, I just hope they can re-group for next season and start a fresh.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:52   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
With Clarke on one side and Pritchard on the other we look very dangerous indeed in the attacking third of the pitch. Will be rather interesting to see what Coleman does when mr boy wonder himself is back from suspension, no doubt he will be straight back into the XI.
I could not agree more. How great to see a left winger getting to the byline and crossing the ball. We all know (and presumably every opposing manager and defender knows) that McConville will always cut inside to use his right foot. Given a little more time, I think that the forward line on show yesterday could prove quite a handful.
smudgie, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:06   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I could not agree more. How great to see a left winger getting to the byline and crossing the ball. We all know (and presumably every opposing manager and defender knows) that McConville will always cut inside to use his right foot. Given a little more time, I think that the forward line on show yesterday could prove quite a handful.
That’s probably why the left back caught my eye.
He allowed Pritchard to play high and wide and still did his defensive duties.
The only area of concern was the way the CBs were left for dead with direct simple balls.
Their goal and the disallowed one highlighted this,although Jimmy went ballistic
At the right back for not covering.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..