Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 16:11   #46
Full Member+

Re: Bristol Rovers Match Thread (A)

It would seem that the ref had to be subbed after getting hit in the face with the ball and it took ages to change a liner to ref and 4th mon to liner.
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2019, 16:11   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no idea at all unless ref wanted a home win. actually he played 11 mins
Yeh, noticed it went to 90+11, no indication of any great hold-ups for injury, just sending off & pen surely can't account for so much Fergie time!!
Old 07-09-2019, 16:16   #48

Time wasting possibly? Etimov was told by the ref to hurry up.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 16:20   #49
God Member

Quote:
Feel sorry for Fleetwood today, "Kettle" is the ref. so dan jewell says.
Don't think I could ever feel sorry for Fleetwood tbh, not even with Kettle in charge
KiTChener likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 16:30   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Don't think I could ever feel sorry for Fleetwood tbh, not even with Kettle in charge
oh i could feel sorry for any league team with the exclusion of Satanage who had Kettle.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 18:25   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
typical of our luck another captain showing us up.
What sort of crass comment is that ? Nearly as bad as Kiwi John.
Were you there ?
Have you seen what happened ?
The second “incident” was the softest yellow I’ve seen in a long time.
Old 07-09-2019, 19:08   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no i wasn't there but its a blessing he will be banned.
DAV007 and accytom18 like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 19:24   #53
Senior Member+

Unbelievable.
Quality fan.
Old 07-09-2019, 19:43   #54
God Member

Can we play with ten men every game, please Mr. Coleman ?
Cracking game: five well-taken goals, a deserved penalty, a sending off, the ref getting poleaxed and subbed, the bar saving Stanley at the death, and a brilliant second-half performance from a 10-man Stanley.
Some really good performances today, especially Finlay and Clark, but the transformation in Stanley as a team after Conneely was harshly dismissed was just unbelievable.
First half they pummelled Stanley down their left wing and were generally bigger and stronger (am I repeating myself, I know) but, after conceding a soft opener, Clark and Finlay stunned them with two great individual efforts. A late equaliser for them just before half time was probably a fair result for the first 45 minutes.
But, down to 10 men and a couple of judicious subs, Stanley were transformed.
Opoku came on to make a solid back three, Sherif on in the midfield, and Stanley just hammered the Gas for 30 minutes.
Listened to Radio Bristol on the way home one gashead claimed Stanley were the best footballing side he’d seen this season. I won’t argue on that display.
But the BIG question is whether any lessons can be learned from the enforced changes.
I know there’ll be many of here who won’t agree, but, on the second half performance, neither our captain or vice-captain (nor even Billy Kee, dare I suggest) were missed at all today.
Coleman clearly has a squad full of talented, keen, young, and new players and, imho, he has to find a way of getting them onto the pitch. Not all of them all at the same time, but not to exploit their talents whilst we have them would be a shame.
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 20:00   #55

Just watched the Dion Charles interview, he says that after he scored his penalty, in wht he describes as "banter" that the so called Bristol Rovers fans were throwing coins at him.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by "Bristol Rovers Scum".

No doubt the referee will have missed it....... very sad. Those "fans" should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 07-09-2019, 20:18   #56
God Member

The Bristol Rovers fans i’ve met on several visits have been great.
But every team has its morons. I don’t think it helps tarring them all because of (how many? One, two, three...?) a few cretins with more cash than brain cells.
Old 07-09-2019, 20:44   #57

Great result, would have taken a point before the game.
As for Seamus sending off. Soft yes, stupid absolutely. We’d have cried for a red if it was against us.
As for Charles and banter, anyone throwing a coin should be banned for life, but Charles could have made his point without full frontal “Saturday night closing time” gesturing literally a yard from the boards.
Turning to the game, we have problems in the middle and at left back that will continue to find us out week after week bar the odd result like today.
Old 07-09-2019, 21:25   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
As for Seamus sending off. Soft yes, stupid absolutely. We’d have cried for a red if it was against us.
As for Charles and banter, anyone throwing a coin should be banned for life, but Charles could have made his point without full frontal “Saturday night closing time” gesturing literally a yard from the boards.
Turning to the game, we have problems in the middle and at left back that will continue to find us out week after week bar the odd result like today.
Opuka can play left back and we have Sherif who against Fleetwood was hard in the tackle maybe first game a bit to keen, we also have the new lad from Wolves, maybe me thinks time to take Conneely out for a while hard in the tackle he isn't.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 07-09-2019, 21:27   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Opuka can play left back and we have Sherif who against Fleetwood was hard in the tackle maybe first game a bit to keen, we also have the new lad from Wolves, maybe me thinks time to
take Conneely out for a while hard in the tackle he isn't.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 07-09-2019, 21:31   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What sort of crass comment is that ? Nearly as bad as Kiwi John.
Were you there ?
Have you seen what happened ?
The second “incident” was the softest yellow I’ve seen in a long time.
Just seen the sending off on you tube-it was a pretty tame incident. If that deserves a booking, then after a couple of corners in every game of football, it should be down 1 v 1, not 11 v 11.
AccyMad likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..