Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 14:18   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bristol Rovers Match Thread (A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Couldn’t agree more. However its pointless commenting on here after games now or giving my personal opinion as if it doesn’t agree with a certain someone then you’ll just be shot down
tart was you that said if i didn't watch the game or ever play it, yeh just cant take it back.
Old 08-09-2019, 15:06   #107
Senior Member+

This forum should be put out of its misery

Deary me

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 08-09-2019, 15:18   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
This forum should be put out of its misery

Deary me
do yeh mean like the ultras forum.
Old 08-09-2019, 16:02   #109
Senior Member+

Nah, the Ultras forum never celebrated our club captain getting sent off then suspended. Nor did it have this horrible inter fighting between posters. We all follow the same team.

Makes me sick. Not a true indication of Stanley fans. It’s embarrassing. Imagine a player or Coley logging on ����������

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 08-09-2019, 16:15   #110
Senior Member+

I think Coley, or anyone else just coming on for "a read", would have a chuckle at some of the comments, I know I do. On Stanley on.
Old 08-09-2019, 17:16   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
I’ll be completely honest, someone who can’t see the benefit of having someone like Seamus in the team is someone who either doesn’t watch the game or has never played it. Yes at times he could be more positive in possession but often he does the simple things really well. He also has started to look back to his best in the first few games of the season (I’ve seen every one of them so I can make that honest judgement).
His experience is invaluable and he will be missed next Saturday.
As for the “he’ll never be dropped etc blue eyed boy etc”. Is this the same Seamus who was dropped for a large part of last season and also for the game vs Sunderland just a few short weeks ago?
Suppose its always easier to ignore facts if it doesn’t fit your narrative.
Be careful mate.
Talking common sense is frowned upon ........
Old 08-09-2019, 17:19   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Couldn’t agree more. However its pointless commenting on here after games now or giving my personal opinion as if it doesn’t agree with a certain someone then you’ll just be shot down
Hallelujah my friend.
Old 08-09-2019, 18:04   #113
Senior Member+

Sadly I was unable to go yesterday's game but the local gasheads are full of praise for Stanley, as indeed is the Gas manager in his post-match interview.
Old 08-09-2019, 19:05   #114
God Member

KWillie Miller is right posting your thoughts on the game is all personal views, you might disagree and valid arguments is fine but the quite personal insults thrown around by a certain few ruin the threads grow up it belongs in nursery classes, it certainly has put a lot off the older posters who were regularly on here.
Old 08-09-2019, 19:25   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
KWillie Miller is right posting your thoughts on the game is all personal views, you might disagree and valid arguments is fine but the quite personal insults thrown around by a certain few ruin the threads grow up it belongs in nursery classes, it certainly has put a lot off the older posters who were regularly on here.
Why bottle it ? Name the “certain few”.
There are some posters on here who appear inflammable ........
Old 08-09-2019, 19:34   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sadly I wasunable to go yesterday's game but the local gasheads are full of praise for Stanley, as indeed is the Gas manager in his post-match interview.
At last .. the voice of reason !.

I reckon it's Time for making and posting considered opinions and ripostes to these AFTER putting brains in gear, and respecting the feelings of someone who just happens to have a different view to yours !. As to criticising someone for misspelling Evit .. Evtimo... Etmot.. oh blow it !.. This is not the way to keep in step with the mores of our Forum !.

Please , please, make an effort to ensure that, as on most past occasions, a visit to read and maybe post on our Forum is a pleasant one where eggshells and broken glass just doesn't exist ,.

ON STANLEY .. ON ,,
Old 08-09-2019, 20:17   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Why bottle it ? Name the “certain few”.
There are some posters on here who appear inflammable ........
Just read the posts self explanatory not falling into the silly arguments game.
Old 08-09-2019, 20:35   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As to criticising someone for misspelling Evit .. Evtimo... Etmot.. oh blow it !.. ,,
Apologies, to you and Spartacus, but my post you refer to above was meant to be tongue in cheek. Always a risk on here, and I ended up rightly being hoist by my own petard.

Back to the game, i thought Emti....Evto...er, Dimi played really well, despite the three goals. Noticed him acting as an effective sweeper several times when the Gas managed to get a break away. A lesson learned from the Shrews game, maybe?
Old 08-09-2019, 22:11   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Apologies, to you and Spartacus, but my post you refer to above was meant to be tongue in cheek. Always a risk on here, and I ended up rightly being hoist by my own petard.

Back to the game, i thought Emti....Evto...er, Dimi played really well, despite the three goals. Noticed him acting as an effective sweeper several times when the Gas managed to get a break away. A lesson learned from the Shrews game, maybe?
As you know Exile , we are both two of the best tongue-in-cheekers around !, I should not use flippances !. ( Setting a bad example to others,after my impassioned plea as well ! ).

I watched the entire game on my Tablet, and agree that Mr .E. (chickened out there !)
did show some improvement !, although I'm still convinced he has much to learn yet if he is to be a top-class keeper !... but I'm a bit picky where goalies are concerned I suppose .

A.
Old 08-09-2019, 22:36   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post

Agree Andyd, it was disgusting how many on here stayed silent while Carpon was putting out unfounded baseless personal slurs during the Bury FC saga.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..