Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2019, 20:18   #16
God Member

Re: Wycombe Wanderers (A) Match Thread

Damn it!!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2019, 20:22   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
1-1 penalty
The Reds have been abysmal since half-time... no shape? Dead legs so obvious.
Open goal for McC... shunned !..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 20:23   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

another short ball out nearly costs us.
Old 17-09-2019, 20:52   #19
God Member

Well,I'd have taken a draw before the game - disappointed they equalised through a dodgy penalty though but it sounded a fiesty game & at least we didn't get any more red cards. Night all
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-09-2019, 20:53   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good point well deserved all played well imho.
Old 17-09-2019, 20:54   #21
God Member

Watched on i follow we were the better side for long periods bad tackle to give away the penalty some good performances Emitov did well left back excellent first half and Charles made a nuisance of himself all night, Mcconville missed a chance that normally he buries happy with a point disappointment with no clean sheet again but we should have had all 3 points onto Saturday let's get a run going.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 20:57   #22
Senior Member+

Sounds like a good point in the end at Wycombe tonight!
Followed the match on Twitter and it was all Stanley in the first half.
Then all Wycombe in the second half but looks like our lads stood strong and shewed determination to earn the point.
Nine minutes extra played after the ninety!

Hope Bishop is not badly injured!
ON STANLEY ON!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 07:37   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Sounds like a good point in the end at Wycombe tonight!
Followed the match on Twitter and it was all Stanley in the first half.
Then all Wycombe in the second half but looks like our lads stood strong and shewed determination to earn the point.
Nine minutes extra played after the ninety!

Hope Bishop is not badly injured!
ON STANLEY ON!
Colby could be out for a while according to John in his post match interview looks like our old goalie curse has moved to the striker position 3 injured now who plays Saturday Simpson?
Old 18-09-2019, 08:01   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Colby could be out for a while according to John in his post match interview looks like our old goalie curse has moved to the striker position 3 injured now who plays Saturday Simpson?
at least you can get round the problem of lack of outfield players in a certain position. even if we keep it really tight on saturday and play like the away team and then snatch a win would do.
choirboy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:21   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Watched on i follow we were the better side for long periods bad tackle to give away the penalty some good performances Emitov did well left back excellent first half and Charles made a nuisance of himself all night, Mcconville missed a chance that normally he buries happy with a point disappointment with no clean sheet again but we should have had all 3 points onto Saturday let's get a run going.
I sometimes wi fee if I’m seeing the same game. Bad tackle ? More like perfect tackle. He gets the ball clean as a whistle. Haven’t seen the video back but as I saw it you’ve only got to look which way the ball goes after the tackle.
choirboy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:38   #26
God Member

Can’t be many grounds that provide pre and half time entertainment with a flock of performing partridges. Superb display, swooping effortless from end of the pitch to the other, casually strolling, unmarked, down the pitch. But enough about the partridges’ performance.
Very gutsy show from Stanley and under real pressure in the second half. Thought Sean McMarmite summed up the ref’s performance very well - ‘indifferent’. In real time and from a distance I could see why the ref gave the penalty but, with VAR, I doubt it would have stood. I’ve seen circus acrobats spend more time on their feet than Wycombe’s No.11, and it was no surprise that his double roll with reverse twist, after diving over the captain’s outstretched leg, won the penalty.
Suspect some of the Wasps training manuals must still be in the Wycombe changing rooms as they were more than a little handy; more pushy pushy, particularly in the second half. However, to be fair to the ref () he did catch up with that trick by the fourth time a Stanley player had been pushed in the back and off the pitch.
Thought Evtimov had a good game, very brave in crowded penalty areas. Back four were strong and Stanley solved the midfield problem by launching balls forward from the back for the Dynamic Duo (Messrs Charles and Bishop) to latch onto. This tactic seemed to leave little creative work for Conneely and Finlay to do but they were both effective in what they did defensively. Clark I thought had another good game, always willing to run at the defenders with the ball. Perhaps as might be expected after a rest, McConville, like the ref, had an indifferent game but only because we’ve all come to expect him to put away chances like he got late in the second half.
Bishop got crocked from a ‘clumsy’ tackle from their No.5 (I think) right in front of the ref and it looked bad. Of course, no free kick. Hope the lad isn’t too seriously injured, but Man Mountain Simpson came on and did OK. He’s certainly a presence on the pitch and maybe he and ‘Prince’ Charles can build a good partnership.
All round good performance from the team.
choirboy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:42   #27
God Member

I said bad tackle he gets the ball yes but no need to tackle him the guy was running into a brick wall with clicker and Sykes there mistake refs see it different players go down penalty don't agree but challenges from behind in the box are risky still think we deserved all 3 points though.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:16   #28
God Member

didn,t go, have not seen the incident yet, but a tackle from behind makes it easy for the ref. as its nearly impossible not to make contact with an opponent by doing this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 09:40   #29
God Member

Quote:
I said bad tackle he gets the ball yes but no need to tackle him the guy was running into a brick wall with clicker and Sykes there mistake refs see it different players go down penalty don't agree but challenges from behind in the box are risky still think we deserved all 3 points though.
(1) It wasn’t a tackle from behind. Conneely comes at the ball from the right, the Wycombe player from the left. Conneely is first to get his outstretched foot on the ball. The Wycombe player than falls forward over Conneely’s leg.
(2) I think the criticism would have been justified if Conneely hadn’t tried to get to the ball. A team captain thinking ‘no need to tackle, that’s someone else’s job’ wouldn’t deserve his place never mind the armband. It was an ‘indifferent’ decision from an indifferent referee.
Certainly on last night’s show there was little difference, other than their current league positions, between the two teams.
AccyMad, cashman and pifco like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 09:52   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I sometimes wi fee if I’m seeing the same game. Bad tackle ? More like perfect tackle. He gets the ball clean as a whistle. Haven’t seen the video back but as I saw it you’ve only got to look which way the ball goes after the tackle.
They showed it on sky sports news last night, never a penalty - Seamus got the ball, ref definitely got it wrong

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..