Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2019, 17:48   #16

Re: Blackpool Match Thread.

I thought Opoku and Evtimov might have been candidates for MOTM today.... underwhelmed by Simpson and Pritchard. Pritchard seems to boot all his crosses miles too far.
Overall a scrappy game. Finlay and Clark failed to make their usual immense contributions.
Can’t argue that a draw was the fair result. Amazing atmosphere.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2019, 18:02   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought any of those 2 for MoM today,also. doubt if simpson is near ready for div1 yet. Think Opoku is a real catch and aint even playing in his best postion, but doing a fine job yon.
Old 21-09-2019, 18:24   #18
Full Member+

Really impressed with Opoku seems to fit in well with our style of play and comfortable going forward.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 19:25   #19
God Member

...Happy enough with the point..but dam glad I stayed in bed for this game because boy it would've been a super grumpy Sunday if I was up to see us concede at the death. At least getting result 3 hours later takes a little of the emotion away. Now off to golf where all my playing partners will talk about is rugby.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 20:14   #20
Senior Member+

Small margins. McConville buries one of his two gilt edged chances and we win.
Dion’s header a few inches lower ..... Sykes heads straight at keeper from 3 yards ...... and we win.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 20:17   #21
Senior Member+

Feel for Simpson but he’s just not ready.
Hopefully Bishop back sooner rather than later.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 21:24   #22
God Member

Simpson didn't look match fit but showed a few good touches hopefully when all strikers are fit they wiil push one another,Pritchard is a talent still finding his feet not enough minutes for me but we have a huge squad and only 11 can play,

Last edited by andyd; 21-09-2019 at 21:26.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 21:25   #23
God Member

So, Dimi had beer bottles thrown at him again by the thugs disguising themselves as Blackpool fans??
How much more are they going to be allowed to get away with before action is taken??
I for one don't buy the sob story of the Oysten era to excuse this behaviour but it seems the allocated referees do!
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 21:30   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
So, Dimi had beer bottles thrown at him again by the thugs disguising themselves as Blackpool fans??
How much more are they going to be allowed to get away with before action is taken??
I for one don't buy the sob story of the Oysten era to excuse this behaviour but it seems the allocated referees do!
Should be fined and the perpetrators rooted out and banned for a long while I was in the main stand towards Clayton end and was affected by the fumes from the smoke bombs anyone who think these things are fun needs their brains replaced.
Old 21-09-2019, 21:53   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Agreed with cashman, a draw a fair result. Heartbreaking how they we got there. I thought we defended fairly comfortably second half apart from a couple of lapses. Agree Sykes had a good game. Dion is starting to look a good acquisition. Was happy with team performance overall Excellent atmosphere created by both sets of fans (a few mindless seasiders tried to spoil it). Thought there lad was lucky to stay on the pitch near the end with the hands in our players face. It feels like we are playing quite well now (we usually do in September) worryingly we aren't grinding out the wins to back it up.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I thought was bound to be a red card, at the end of the match, I was actually allowed to question the 4th official as to why it was not a red card, he said it was a push in the chest
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 08:18   #26
God Member

Going back to the smoke bomb I watched the Blackpool vlog on YouTube this morning actually films the lad lighting it and then aims and throws it deliberately at Dimi only just missing him could have been serious if it had hit him gladly it didn't, come on Blackpool fans you must watch it name and shame him get a ban for life he deserves it.
AccyMad, cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 22-09-2019, 09:12   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I hope blackpool sort this its unacceptable also too late when someone gets injured.
choirboy likes this.
Old 22-09-2019, 09:40   #28
Senior Member+

I suspect Andy Holt will ban beer being sold for the away fans when they next return, which unfortunately will hit Stanley in the pocket, but is the only sure way of any repeat occurences. As for the lad on You Tube or whatever lighting the flare, maybe the Blackpool board should identify him and as others have said, give him a long ban. But it does beg the question re security outside our ground. As for the game, due to a family wedding, I was unable to attend, but the highlights seemed to say Stanley were the better team although the stats say otherwise. Good point IMHO

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 09:52   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I suspect Andy Holt will ban beer being sold for the away fans when they next return, which unfortunately will hit Stanley in the pocket, but is the only sure way of any repeat occurences. As for the lad on You Tube or whatever lighting the flare, maybe the Blackpool board should identify him and as others have said, give him a long ban. But it does beg the question re security outside our ground. As for the game, due to a family wedding, I was unable to attend, but the highlights seemed to say Stanley were the better team although the stats say otherwise. Good point IMHO
There is always the option of reducing allocation and no pay on the day I might be wrong but suspect the '' hooligan '' element paid on the gate and probably drinking all day probably same mob they had problems with on a damaged train back to Blackpool as posted on their own forum.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-09-2019, 09:59   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its a shame overall the pool fans aint bad, but idiots and scum get into all clubs.thats why their club should sort this, it gives a bad name.
choirboy and chevyfire like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..