Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2019, 10:17   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool Match Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Going back to the smoke bomb I watched the Blackpool vlog on YouTube this morning actually films the lad lighting it and then aims and throws it deliberately at Dimi only just missing him could have been serious if it had hit him gladly it didn't, come on Blackpool fans you must watch it name and shame him get a ban for life he deserves it.
I watched the Lee Charles vlog which covers the pre - match guzzling of Alcohol by so called Blackpool fans in the Marquee, which in turn explains the almost animal-like behaviour behind the Coppice-end goal.
Also much credit must go to Dimitar for his handling of the extreme provocation he had to bear from the ' whatever they all themselves ' massed behind him.. Mr Cool in my book from now on !.

As to the inexplicable laissez-faire attitude of the Referee towards the bottle and flare throwing and the head- butt ?. Another official who it appears has much to learn before he is allowed to control (?) another League match ?.

BUT, the Stanley spirit provided the Reds with a good point against another of the EFL's so called ' high -flyers ', and now in my opinion ' the only way is UP !'.

ON STANLEY !..ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2019, 11:00   #32
Super Moderator

Could somebody please send me the link for the v-log (or whatever) than I can pass it to the police.

I have already got good still photo's of the last incident.

We gave Blackpool fans a 2nd chance with the bottles, a risk we can't take again IMHO. Will hit us in the pocket with less secondary spend.

Over 300 BFC fans paid on the day, which I suspect will cover the ASFC police bill for the match
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 11:23   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What made me cringe the linesman flagged for a Stanley corner near the end, and the ref totally overuled him, when the liner had perfect vision and clearly saw like us the keeper tipped it out, why are things like this allowed?
Old 22-09-2019, 12:52   #34
God Member

Good interview with Seamus Conneely on the Fishy site but another total waste of time interviewing the manager in an area that is noisier than a weaving shed at full tilt. This isn’t the first time either. Don’t these so-called interviewers never listen to their efforts and realise what a waste of time it is if no-one can hear it? Is there not a quiet room or area of the pitch that they could use?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 13:40   #35

Think if you have a look at the Blackpool forum you’ll find most of the fans are keen for the culprits to be identified, since it will be the fans collectively that suffer.
There’s always a few idiots wherever you go and only so much that officials and other fans can do.
If you go to an Italian match security can be very tight and you have to show your passport as well as your ticket about three times before you get in. But still loads of flares get in.
So, a bit of self policing from the good fans is probably a good idea as stewarding can’t be 100%.
(But if you take photos of fans lighting flares in Italy you can get warned off if any ultras see you with your camera. So that might happen as a counter move to self policing).
choirboy likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 13:44   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good interview with Seamus Conneely on the Fishy site but another total waste of time interviewing the manager in an area that is noisier than a weaving shed at full tilt. This isn’t the first time either. Don’t these so-called interviewers never listen to their efforts and realise what a waste of time it is if no-one can hear it? Is there not a quiet room or area of the pitch that they could use?
I mentioned it earlier this season my friend.
Absolute waste of time.
choirboy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 13:44   #37

Exile - yup, agreed. Surely can’t be that difficult to get sound levels right?

Ref - seemed ok to me. Thought our first booking was a bit harsh and yes, we should have had a corner, but over 90 mins no real complaints. Did he give a drop ball when someone hit hit with the ball? If so, Is that a new rule?
Old 22-09-2019, 13:46   #38

Also, the new rule re passing it to a player inside the box from a goal kick. Seems sensible to me, but anyone know why there was a rule previously that said you had to pass it outside the box?
Old 22-09-2019, 13:48   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Exile - yup, agreed. Surely can’t be that difficult to get sound levels right?

Ref - seemed ok to me. Thought our first booking was a bit harsh and yes, we should have had a corner, but over 90 mins no real complaints. Did he give a drop ball when someone hit hit with the ball? If so, Is that a new rule?
Yeh but why was he allowed to overule the liner? who had flagged it and had a clear view? its ludicrous to me.
Old 22-09-2019, 14:40   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh but why was he allowed to overule the liner? who had flagged it and had a clear view? its ludicrous to me.
Cos a linesman has only one stripe and a ref wears two?
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 15:38   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Could somebody please send me the link for the v-log (or whatever) than I can pass it to the police.

I have already got good still photo's of the last incident.

We gave Blackpool fans a 2nd chance with the bottles, a risk we can't take again IMHO. Will hit us in the pocket with less secondary spend.

Over 300 BFC fans paid on the day, which I suspect will cover the ASFC police bill for the match
Go on YouTube just type in Accrington Stanley v Blackpool 2019 and the vlog comes up its about 12 minutes long but really shows the flare incident well.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 15:49   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Cos a linesman has only one stripe and a ref wears two?
you would assume the officials should work as a team? obviously no idea the ref is god as i said before its LUDICROUS.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-09-2019, 16:21   #43
Senior Member+

Just listened to Seamus' interview and I could hear every word even though there were one or two loud thuds in the background. He was very eloquent and honest in his summing up of the match too.
Tried to listen to Coley's interview but once again I gave up after 30 seconds!
I put my own quality headphones on and tried again but gave up after 30 seconds again! It could be that Coley wearing headphones is part of the problem as they probably subdue some of the peripheral noise around him and hence he talks more quietly.
I agree with others comments on here that these interviews are a waste of time and have been for a long time!
Our club has become so much more professional over the last three years but this is one area where we are worse than amateur!

It really is time to do something about it!
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 17:10   #44
Super Moderator

I'll have a look; but guess is; Coley is doing interview at ISDN point ( only way to get live info to the world) but the band is playing full pelt in the background?

ISDN points are in the press box,very near to the clubhouse and marquee

Could use the new media area near Coley's office but it wouldn't be "live"

Last edited by Mr T; 22-09-2019 at 17:12. Reason: extra info
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 17:44   #45
Senior Member+

Nothing to do with any band.
Click on it and “listen” but bet you can’t !
Seamus interview clear as a bell and done at 5.45 with no one around.
If it’s an ISDN issue then we really need to move it because it makes us look like a set of amateurs.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..