Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2019, 17:35   #16
God Member

Re: Oxford match thread

Well recorded interview with Professor Coleman on the Fishy site. Could hear every word. Well done to those responsible.
choirboy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2019, 18:02   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm not there today so I'll risk starting this
First question - where's Sean??
Shoulder injury, 2-3 weeks out

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 19:15   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Shoulder injury, 2-3 weeks out

Yeah, just heard Coley's interview - poor lad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:45   #19
God Member

the real game of two halves. boring first half and exciteing second. as someone on the radio said post match it was a game we could have lost or won and the draw was fair. neither side deserved to get nothing from the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 14:30   #20
Senior Member+

For me, it was a nerve jangling type of match. First half, a very physical OUFC could and perhaps should have buried us, however, they seemed to learn after allowing Fosu to dance round the tackles to score a fine goal. 2nd half it was Stanley all the way, except for some strange refereeing decisions. How Opoku and the Oxford lad stayed on the pitch is beyond me, however, I was glad to see the yellow card issued to both of them. The whole game seemed to be for divers and yet the surface of the pitch was superb, well done Buzzer and his crew. In the end, either team could have won the game and perhaps Stanley should have but it was not to be.
choirboy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 14:40   #21

oxford dominated the first half an would be disappointed to go in at half time with just a 1 goal lead , but the sub of zanzala really swung the game in our favour an we were the better side in the second half an deserved a draw out the game in the end. still really unsure on evtimov in goal he doesn’t fill me with any confidence at all. Also Pritchard had a poor game with poor deliveries all afternoon. Opoku gets stronger with every game he got my man of the match although I did agree with a few Sykes had a good game too. Hopefully Sean’s shoulder injury isn’t too bad an he’s back for the game at Rochdale next week.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 17:38   #22

Last season I didnt think Evtimov was reliable enough. Seemed a bit mental to me.
This season he’s calmed down, is a good shot stopper and good enough generally. I like him.
Also, the Evtimov song is great.
cashman, choirboy and chevyfire like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:30   #23
Senior Member+

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...nt-accrington/

Sour grapes indeed ??..

Another misguided southern Yokel !!.

��
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 13:14   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...nt-accrington/
Sour grapes indeed ??.. Another misguided southern Yokel !!. ��
Reads like the usual cliched stuff to me.
However, i’m relieved, as must be the entire Oxford squad, that they don’t have a tinkle in training.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 15:49   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Reads like the usual cliched stuff to me.
However, i’m relieved, as must be the entire Oxford squad, that they don’t have a tinkle in training.
Exile ! , for a wee moment I thought exactly the same thing when I read it !.
They are now due 2 days off at their own convenience !,.. in loo ?.

I must end there before I go potty !!... or stimulate a plethora of toilet puns !.

Take care !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 18:33   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Fairly exciting match, we had more chances.
Quality not really there, bit scrappy.
Ref missed a dead cert penalty when Hughes was pulled back. Thereafter it got a bit bad tempered and loads of bookings.
Fosu scored a great goal and then dived a lot.
Would struggle to pick a MOTM. Sykes got it, fair enough.
to be sure there was 2 defo penalties in box at the same time at opposite ends, dont care what people say but i say its near impossible to miss the both but yon excuse for a ref did.
choirboy likes this.
Old 07-10-2019, 19:36   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to be sure there was 2 defo penalties in box at the same time at opposite ends, dont care what people say but i say its near impossible to miss the both but yon excuse for a ref did.
The clear MAN OF THE MATCH was the REFEREE!...........
Simply because he was so AWFUL!

The penalty shout when Hughes was pushed occurred just 5 yards in front of us as we were stood at the front rail in the Clayton End in line with edge of the six yard box! Hughes was running round a defender and would have had a shot from four yards at goal.....a clearer scoring chance you will never ever see.....Hughes was pushed form the side and behind and fell forward and sideways beyond the ball.......but the referee chose not to see it! The referee was about 10 to 12 yards away and he saw the incident as he was in my line of vision too!
Now, if it is deemed by the referee not be a penalty..........ie. not a foul. Then he must be of the opinion that Hughes 'dived'. So the question is, why did the referee not book Hughes for simulation?
Clearly Hughes had a better chance of scoring from four yards than we would from a penalty at twelve yards so exactly why would Hughes 'dive'.....?
Just another example of rank bad refereeing.
I thought that Oxford were the best organised team that I have seen Stanley play so far this season. They were also a superb passing team. However, they were quite physical but in a clever way. They were quite devious rather than dirty in challenges, just leaning in and easing our boys off the ball with slight pushes timed to perfection in order to put off their opponents. The referee was so inept he did not read this at all and so the players took more and more liberties as the match continued. After the referee had 'lost' the match he finished up giving out eight, (I think it was...?) yellow cards!
Opoku was lucky to stay on the field and because he over reacted he should have got a red card. The Oxford player should have a got a red card too. Opoku had been challenged like that three times in the previous ten minutes on the touch line and he had clearly had enough!
The pleasing element of the match for me was the way Stanley sustained their spirit and showed total belief in their ability to get back into the match.
In the end we could have had three points. Having equalised so late on though it almost felt like a victory!

ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH

Last edited by choirboy; 07-10-2019 at 19:40.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:45   #28
God Member

actually i thought he had a decent game. never cautioned fosu and another of their players for a dive and therefore didn,t caution hughes. with their pair going to ground like leaves in autumn and xanzala joining in after he came on it was not easy for him. too far away from the penalty incident so i cannot make a comment but when players go down easy as a referee you are always on your guard. thought he did well also with the handbags incident which was right infront of me. bit of posturing and pushing but not much more. we have had much worse at stanley games.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 13:13   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
......too far away from the penalty incident so i cannot make a comment but when players go down easy as a referee you are always on your guard.
Hughes did not “go down easy”.
He was pushed! I saw it clearly from a distance of five yards!

The referee was also very inconsistent.
For example, he observed a clumsy mistimed attempt by a midfield player, tried correctly to let play continue but the opposing player lost his balance and the ball. So like the refs do in Rugby Union, he brought the play back to award the initial free kick. There was a repeat within minutes exactly the same but this time he didn’t bring play back!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 13:39   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with choirboy 100% hughes did not go down easy was a blatant foul. from were the ref was Stevie Wonder would have seen that.
choirboy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..