Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2019, 13:31   #1
God Member

Tractor Boys game

Excellent result and performance from Stanley today.
Some great football played in a fast paced competitive game.
Unfair to single out players as they all played their part, but thought Clicker was outstanding in attack. Back to his best, and well aided by Johnson down the right. Finlay also showed some great touches.
Good move to sub Opoku as, unless he’s picked up too many yellows anyway, he can play CB in place of Sykes against The Posh.
On telly it looked like Ipswich got a goal back but not having VAR is one of the attractions of League 1.
Very fair referee shock!
Greger, choirboy and Watchdog like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2019, 13:42   #2
God Member

Re: Tractor Boys game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Excellent result and performance from Stanley today.
Some great football played in a fast paced competitive game.
Unfair to single out players as they all played their part, but thought Clicker was outstanding in attack. Back to his best, and well aided by Johnson down the right. Finlay also showed some great touches.
Good move to sub Opoku as, unless he’s picked up too many yellows anyway, he can play CB in place of Sykes against The Posh.
On telly it looked like Ipswich got a goal back but not having VAR is one of the attractions of League 1.
Very fair referee shock!
Have to add to that Exile thought Conneely played really well today led by Captains example but good all round team performance need to string a run together now.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 13:43   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i honestly thought we had the edge today against a Top Side,and the 3 pts were deserved, could have been at least 4 got MOM, today and couldnt argue with any of em,certainly didn,t think ipswich had scored at any stage of the game .also by the way the useless way VAR is being used may as well scrap the damn thing i think, its good if operated right but i have yet to see that.
choirboy likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 20-10-2019 at 13:48.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 14:02   #4
God Member

Good home attendance today 3567 1034 from Ipswich meaning 2533 home fans good effort hope they continue to come.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 14:11   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

was a very good attendance given the kick off time a very decent following from ipswich,also a good side hope they go up.we were stood with some Everton fans from Sweden who came oer to see the stanley game they were impressed.
Old 20-10-2019, 14:15   #6
Senior Member+

Think Ross should take up boxing lol. Good game today, good crowd, useless officials IMHO. They couldn't see things happening in front of their noses. Personally thought Kayden would murder us, however, he was effectively taken out of the game and his head dropped towards the end, predicted the right score, just wrong way round. Haven't seen the TV coverage yet, that is for later today. Do wish McConville and Zanzala would stop diving around, they will not fool any officials and likely to end up with a yellow card for simulation. Glad, also, to see the short corner routine ditched. Corners into the box are effective and put doubt in defenders minds. Good diving header for the first goal by Colby but there seemed to be a scrum for the penalty at one point with Zanzala having to be pulled away, not very professional. To my mind, is Bishop being moulded into the new Billy Kee?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 14:20   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

was told today billy is back doing light training with leicester hope thats the case and the lads improving.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 20-10-2019, 14:30   #8

First chance I had to watch the Stanley this year, and I was impressed! Thought Conneelly did well, and really liked what I saw of Finley. But my MoM was without a doubt Jordan Clark.
The only player who failed to impress me was Evtimov. I know Ripley wasn't ours, but I still miss him. But overall a very impressive performance, and three very well deserved points. Hard to believe this was no 21 in the table v no 1!
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 14:50   #9
God Member

Personally, I thought Evtimov played his part today, made some good saves and claimed a couple of high balls. One of his problems, and he’s not the only modern keeper with this Achilles heel, is pushing out shots into the path of opponents. But today, thanks to Clark’s goal line clearance, he got away with it.
choirboy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:00   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Personally, I thought Evtimov played his part today, made some good saves and claimed a couple of high balls. One of his problems, and he’s not the only modern keeper with this Achilles heel, is pushing out shots into the path of opponents. But today, thanks to Clark’s goal line clearance, he got away with it.
agree about etimov he was lucky clarky cleared off the line i assume thats the one you thought may have been a goal exile? but sure didnt look oer line to us.
Old 20-10-2019, 15:01   #11

Remind me, which of these teams is top of the league? Best Stanley performance I've seen all season. Onwards and upwards!
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:03   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just a thought Exile !.. I expect that one of the things that pleased JC the most
was the clean-sheet which all the defence worked so hard to maintain. Evitmov did his bit.. so no complaints !. 😎.

ON STANLEY ON ... IN AN UPWARDS DIRECTION !!.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 15:49   #13
Senior Member+

Accringtoin Stanley 2 - 0 Ipswich Town
It was a cracking match today and IMHO Stanley fully deserved the three points. I am sure that the neutrals watching on Sky TV would be in full agreement that Stanley were the better team today.
A number of friends of mine watching on TV certainly thought so reading their text messages after the match.
Stanley started well and were clearly up for it, making it tough for the unbeaten League leaders right from the first whistle.
I thought that the MOM award could have gone to most of the Stanley boys but Colby bishop deserved it for his goals and for winning almost every ball in the air! Clarke was superb and his goal line clearance just in front of us was very timely. Definitely not over the goal line! I thought that Johnson was also super today, both going forward, linking with Clarke and also in defence. On 25 minutes Ipswich were attacking down their right wing and an Ipswich midfielder was sprinting into the box and Callum made a superb decision to leave his winger and get a very important tackle in and clear the ball. Spot on judgement from Callum! Zanzala was his usual nuisance up front and gave Toto a hard time.
Ross Sykes was tremendous in the air today and but for allowing himself to get wound up by an opponent he too could have been a MOM candidate. Hughes was super cool. Opuku had a good game and he showed some great skills and footwork going forward. I like him more and more every time I see him play. Our midfield was strong today. Finlay just gets better and better and Seamus had a super match getting stuck in physically as he has learned to do much more of this season. Sean Mac did quite well in the first half but drifted out of the match in the second half. I think he was slightly off the pace and perhaps still aware of his recent shoulder injury.
Coley got his substitutions right today and the fresh legs of Charles and Pritchard helped
to maintain the pressure on the Tractor boys defence in the dying minutes of the match.
Dimi Evtimov should be really chuffed with his clean sheet toady. His finger tip save from Kayden Jackson was excellent as it was going into the bottom corner but for Clarke's timely clearance off the goal line. Dimi's kicking was accurate and he found Bishop, and his head, with nearly all of his kicks out.
Our boys managed so effectively
to neutralise the threat of Kayden Jackson's pace and he hardly had a sniff at goal apart from the one chance mentioned above!
All in all,today was BRILLIANT for the Stanley players and the wonderful Stanley supporters who turned out in force today. Up to 17th now!
WELL DONE STANLEY.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
KEEP THE FAITH.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 20-10-2019 at 15:52.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:24   #14
God Member

What a great result to wake up to. Fantastic. Congrats STANLEY.
choirboy likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:25   #15
Senior Member+

Congrats To the Accy Stanley Team for beating Ipswich town 2-0 its a great score and i am really glad for you all . I bet it was a bit of a shock for Ipswich to turn up at the crown ground to find they are stood up and with no cover .
Really pleased for you . Onwards and upwards !!
mab likes this.
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..