Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2019, 16:28   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Tractor Boys game

Its all about fine lines at this level.
Ipswich missing three or four key players and you could tell.
Also from where I was Ipswich chance was over the line when Ross cleared.
Easy for me to say and why I post less and less - Conneely magnificent and Clicker as well.
Not the only two - Johnson Finlay.
Mightily disappointed with McConville and Pritchard must have been scratching his head to know why he didn’t start.
We have to build on this one in the next two fixtures.
One side line ...... Kayden Jackson grow up.
Out of order with his antics around the sending off(s).
choirboy and StanleyJosh like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2019, 16:33   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Its all about fine lines at this level.
Ipswich missing three or four key players and you could tell.
Also from where I was Ipswich chance was over the line when Ross cleared.
Easy for me to say and why I post less and less - Conneely magnificent and Clicker as well.
Not the only two - Johnson Finlay.
Mightily disappointed with McConville and Pritchard must have been scratching his head to know why he didn’t start.
We have to build on this one in the next two fixtures.
One side line ...... Kayden Jackson grow up.
Out of order with his antics around the sending off(s).
Twenty Eight....
"Coneely magnificent", is very easy to say because he was!
As were most of the Stanley players today! A great performance all round!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:43   #18
God Member

As 28 notes, it was the ball at the Coppice End that Sykes cleared out of the net that looked like it had crossed the line.
Impossible to be certain even with all the camera angles. It seemed to hit Sykes in the stomach before he hooked it away. Had it been Yosser’s stomach it probably wouldn’t have crossed the line!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 17:47   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ahh cant say about the coppice end, you had better view on telly exile,didn't realise there was one down yon.thought twas clayton end with clarky agree with 28 s.m. was poor today, also was suprised phil edwards didn't take some part, last week thought he was very good when he came on.
Old 20-10-2019, 18:06   #20

Clark was magic today, great to see that partnership with Johnson working well again.
the whole team superb.
choirboy likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 20:13   #21
Full Member+

Really enjoyed today's match, two decent teams and two enthusiastic sets of fans and also appreciated the banner, in support of Billy Kee, that the Ipswich fans had at before the match started. Thought it showed that fans do support players having a bad time even if it's not one of their own.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 07:32   #22
Senior Member+

Finley was class 2nd half
choirboy likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 07:43   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ahh cant say about the coppice end, you had better view on telly exile,didn't realise there was one down yon.thought twas clayton end with clarky .
Clark’s goal-line clearance at the Clayton End was amazing.
When the ball started dribbling back to the line both he and a defender (it may have been Johnson) made a move to cut it off.
But Clark then seemed to hold off to let the other player, who was nearer and at a better angle to clear it, get to it.
But the defender tripped over Evtimov, who was prostrate on the ground, so Clark resumed his efforts and just got there in time.
All that in the space of a couple of seconds!
cashman and choirboy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 15:06   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was told today billy is back doing light training with leicester hope thats the case and the lads improving.
Massive praise for the Tractor Boys with their banner showing heartfelt support for Billy Kee.... Credit where it is due... Well done guys.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 15:53   #25

It's a funny old game football.
Last week we created numerous goal-scoring chances yet contrived to lose against a poor Rochdale side.
This week we outplay the league leaders & win comfortably, making them look very ordinary in the process.
Yes! Ipswich could have scored a couple of goals, but we could have added 2 or 3 more to our score.
Poor old Dimitar! He keeps a clean sheet against high-flying Ipswich & still comes in for stick from some on here.
I thought our defence to a man were outstanding. So too Conneelly & Finlay in midfield with some divine distribution in attack.
Despite Bishop's 2 goals winning him the 'm.o.m.' award, I thought Clark was simply superb, he ran the Ipswich defence ragged all day.
Overall, it was simply a disciplined team effort from front to back which won us the game.
My only disappointment was Zanzala. The guy is a ball of energy but has no finesse.
He spends so much time on his backside that some have accused him of being a diver, which I think is unfair. He's not a diver - he's just clumsy.
Give him the ball & he'll run straight into a defender instead of trying to run around him, invariably ending up on the deck.
Dion Charles is of a similar build but as strong as a tank. He can take on defenders & out muscle them.
He provided more threat in the last 15 minutes than Zanzala did in 75 & came close to scoring another absolute pile-driver which, had it gone in, would have made 'goal of the month'.
Until the return of King Billy, I think Prince Charles is a much better companion for the Bishop of Wham.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 14:12   #26

Lord Stiff .... i think even after the return of King Billy that Prince Charles is a better option.

Don't think Billy scored anywhere near enough last season, (apart from pens) nor did the team with him playing. That's not to detract from his qualities, just that for one reason or another we do better by playing a different style and formation.

I agree about Zanzala as well..... there's no doubt that his running has an impact and scares defences but the end product is missing. I think Coley has said before he's going to come good and I hope that's true.

I also agree about our goalie - he's good enough and we'd miss the Evtimov song too if he wasn't in the sticks.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 19:59   #27
Senior Member+

More on the banner and the great chaps who organised it:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21816/t...lly-kee-banner
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 20:15   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
More on the banner and the great chaps who organised it:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21816/t...lly-kee-banner
Thanks for the link Mike, brought a tear to my eye that
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 20:56   #29
God Member

Great find Mike and a brilliant story
KiTChener and choirboy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..