Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2019, 20:53   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: POSH Thread

i honestly think if the good goal we scored had been allowed we would have gone on and won this game.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 23-10-2019, 20:54   #32
God Member

Well that second half display was one of the worst Stanley performances for a long while nobody played well in fact a few were abysmal I,m sure there will be people saying the stretching off Maguire affected some but that was dire, toothless upfront Zanzala can't stand up he's always on the floor pity because they didn't look that good either but managed 4 goals lessons to be learnt?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 20:55   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i honestly think if the good goal we scored had been allowed we would have gone on and won this game.
Are you serious.
Old 23-10-2019, 21:11   #34
Senior Member+

Posh are another Club with a plethora of well-paid players , and the Reds are going to come up against this situation on more such occasions as the season progresses.
The imperative is I suppose to pick up points from those Clubs having similar resources to The Stanley and one or two from the Posh's of this world !.and thus maintain our position as a League 1 Club !.

This is the reality check which crossed my mind tonight, and I'm certain that some might disagree with it.

Nevertheless, Seat D52 will have to put up with my seat again on Saturday, and I'
Know that I'll enjoy every moment of my ' Stanley experience '.

ON STANLEY ON!.. TO HIGHER THINGS !.. ��
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 3 others like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 21:19   #35

First half we held our own and had the 2 best moments ( the dubiously disallowed goal(excellent free kick from mcconville) and a great chance for bishop).
Second half, posh became the side I have being hearing they are (excellent going forward). We are conceding quite a lot of fast paced counter attack goals like the first one. From here posh cut through us at will (to be fair we do have a make shift defence.). Evitomov didn't have his most convincing game, first half we had some nice passing moves but me faded as an attacking force second half. The ball didn't stick often up top particularly from zanzala.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 21:23   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Posh are another Club with a plethora of well-paid players , and the Reds are going to come up against this situation on more such occasions as the season progresses.
The imperative is I suppose to pick up points from those Clubs having similar resources to The Stanley and one or two from the Posh's of this world !.and thus maintain our position as a League 1 Club !.

This is the reality check which crossed my mind tonight, and I'm certain that some might disagree with it.

Nevertheless, Seat D52 will have to put up with my seat again on Saturday, and I'
Know that I'll enjoy every moment of my ' Stanley experience '.

ON STANLEY ON!.. TO HIGHER THINGS !.. ��
They didn't look like a team with a plethora of well paid players we were just awful second half didn't look up for it and we gifted them the first goal from a stupid corner routine yes there is some excellent teams in this division if we want to stay in it then we have to be close to 100% every game and concentrate on our good points, still think we need to be more ruthless in front of goal think the lad from Swansea is close to a return looked a good prospect before his injury.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 23-10-2019, 21:51   #37
God Member

Competitive first half, Stanley beat the Posh defence once but couldn’t beat a cross-eyed ref.
Second half, after their first goal, it was one if worst Stanley performances I’ve seen for a long time, and it just got worse as the second half progressed (not the right word).
Whatever the manager sees in Zanzala it can only be on the training ground. McConville was ineffective. Even Clark, who had a good first half, couldn’t do a thing second half. Alese was one plus, but even his efforts were dissipated when he got pushed out left when Edwards came into the centre. Hughes and Edwards in the middle up against fast strong attackers; they cut Stanley’s defence to shreds. The only attacking response from the Reds was either aimlessly lobbing high balls down the centre or weak crosses that were gobbled up every time by Posh’s big, strong defenders.
Agree with 28, those last 45 minutes were embarrassing.
KiTChener and chevyfire like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 03:56   #38
God Member

Ouch.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 07:51   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Are you serious.
perfectly,was nowt wrong with the goal as i saw never in a million years handball. and think it really knocked the stuffing out of em.
Old 24-10-2019, 07:52   #40

Double ouch. I was driving home from Bristol listening to Five Live who are normally excellent with score updates but for some reason didn't give any from Peterborough last night. I got in about the time of the final whistle believing we'd held them to a draw unless there'd been a late goal only to find we'd lost 4-0. Couldn't believe it!
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 08:13   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
perfectly,was nowt wrong with the goal as i saw never in a million years handball. and think it really knocked the stuffing out of em.
Wether the decision was right or wrong no excuses for the difference in the second half as opposed to the first you have as a team to deal with scenarios like these if you don,t then it will be worrying times ahead, 4 goals scored no way we would have won.
Old 24-10-2019, 08:37   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

so what yer saying is theres no such thing as human nature?
Old 24-10-2019, 09:48   #43
God Member

We couldn’t see the disallowed goal from where the Stanley fans were sat. And the short and somewhat fuzzy clip that someone posted was from a camera on the ‘wrong’ side.
To every Stanley fan I’m sure it looks like a goal. However, in looking at the video clip several times I noticed two things.
The first was how the Posh defenders nearest to the incident immediately raised their arms. Instantly, not a few seconds later when they think it’s worth trying to con a ref.
Second, Zanzala’s right arm appears to come up level with his head as he gets to the ball. Not a natural thing to do if you’re straining your neck to reach the ball to head it in.
If he did ‘arm’ the ball in that, to me, sums up Zanzala. For all his running and enthusiasm he doesn’t have that calm, clinical awareness that a good striker has. According to the ref’s decision, in his eagerness to score he misjudged where the ball would be coming off the bar and missed a sitter.
andyd likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 14:00   #44

In hindsight I wonder if Coleman would have when bringing Edwards on put him at left back and left Alese as centre half. I felt we got exposed in the middle of our defence for pace (not Hughes and Edwards strongest suits) and are midfield were not able to provide the required protection in the second half.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 14:36   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

both commentators said the ball hit the top of his shoulder after reviewing it at half time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..