Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2019, 20:54   #1

Lpool u21 match thread

Clark's was another excellent goal in this tournament. Sykes and opoku excellent at the back. Although neither bursik or kaba-sherif made me think they should be starters. We had a height advantage and actually looked a threat from set pieces regularly. Great for the team confidence to give a team a good beating. Although there timing needs improving, good to see mini ultras try and be the 12th Man. £5 adults and quid a kid is good to give less fortunate people a chance to see Stanley live. The strength of depth of our squad is impressive this year, As shown by the quality of the team we could field tonight.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2019, 21:01   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lpool u21 match thread

agree with chevy, thought was a good match did give em a couple of gifts though, the lad from swansea who came back did ok so did charles good also to see subs used with time to make an effort,
Old 29-10-2019, 22:08   #3
Senior Member+

A good run out for Some of our less regular first team players. Clarke’s goal was the pick of the bunch. Charles worked very hard once again. Opoku was classy too.
The Liverpool team was a very youthful group as I was told that they have an U23 match tomorrow! So these lads were mainly 16 to 18 year olds with two lads at 22 years old. The youngsters showed plenty of composure and skill on the ball and will have benefited from the experience of playing against regular ‘Pro’s’. Stanley were too strong and quick for them in the end.

For a change I sat In the Eric Whalley stand in line with edge of the penalty box. We had another lady assistant referee and she did very well. The only real issues were in the second half when Stanley started to really dominate and played a number of very quick breaks through the middle with our forwards advancing very swiftly. She just could not match the 30 yard sprints by the likes of Charles and she was five yards behind play several times. So she was not able to be in position to judge off sides from any second or third touches as our lads advanced towards the Liverpool goal. Luckily no contentious decisions arose but to me it does highlight a problem for female assistant referees. Over a thirty yard sprint women are just not as fast as men. I think that the best advice to these ladies is to work really hard in training on their ability to sprint with a rapid change of pace in order to keep up with play. Other than this point I am perfectly happy for us to have female officials refereeing matches.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 07:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy I think that the best advice to these ladies is to work really hard in training on their ability to sprint with a rapid change of pace in order to keep up with play. Other than this point I am perfectly happy for us to have female officials refereeing matches.[/B
[/COLOR]
better for her to attempt to read the game more. watch as much football as possible and mentally run the line. being nearly 73 and cannot sprint as fast as i could but still manage to keep up with play running the line.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 07:44   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing was though with the female liner i thought all officials did ok, which leads me to ask the question. Do we get a higher standard of officials cos its a premier outfit we are playing? it certainly seems that way to me!
Old 30-10-2019, 08:24   #6
God Member

The keeper Bursik had a shaky start but settled and his kicking length and accuracy were some of the best I,ve seen from a keeper in a while, Alese never put a foot wrong has to play excellent prospect also a mention for Pritchard he's a genuine talent not sure left wing his is natural position but has to be given game time he will only get better. Simpson what a giant frame not seen enough of him but took his goal well came at him quickly but he didn't sky it took it well hit it on target goal will give him confidence and Coley another option.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:27   #7
God Member

anyone knows when the draw will be made for the next round. we are at least guarenteed a home draw after tuesday nighs game.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:59   #8
Super Moderator

Saturday 16th;

We'll be at home to the runners up from Group E,F,G,H
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 16:43   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Saturday 16th;

We'll be at home to the runners up from Group E,F,G,H
What, all of them?
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 22:49   #10
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-compet...tition/tables/
Old 02-11-2019, 05:49   #11
God Member

Smile Re: Lpool u21 match thread

Home to The Alex again then..................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:48   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
What, all of them?
well we have played dagenham and redbridge on the same day.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
Old 02-11-2019, 16:11   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Home to The Alex again then..................

It won't be Alex 😉
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 17:18   #14
God Member

?????

Alex 3-0.

Brewers 0-0.

Would that not see them 2nd??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 13:05   #15
Senior Member+

Bolton in Round 2.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..