Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 16:45   #31
God Member

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Can imagine that Somerset dickhead turning up on here and blaming the pitch for the officials' injuries...
cashman likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2019, 17:02   #32
God Member

Well, that was disappointing...now for the wrath of a certain MadAccy supporter...
Old 09-11-2019, 17:58   #33

Stanley 'Ko'd!' (Kiss of death) by Kiwi John
Old 09-11-2019, 18:00   #34
God Member

Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 18:04   #35
Full Member+

Second half played without an assistant referee on the main stand side attacking the Accrington goal.
The officials are chosen by the EFL so obviously no fault of either side and so I cant understand why we (Stanley) should agree to continue with the second half, being a goal down and, with no linesman attacking our goal.
It must be said that we were at sixes and sevens especially in the first half and in my opinion didn't deserve to win the game.
We go again next week, C'mon you mighty Reds.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 18:34   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Well, that was disappointing...now for the wrath of a certain MadAccy supporter...
I've just about thawed out enough to get cross with you Kiwi - but firstly, what an absolute farce of a second half!
Apparently the ref they drafted in hadn't officiated a game for 7 years, add in carrying on with only one linesman & you can imagine the carnage that ensued.
Included in the catalogue of errors were the ref tripping up & therefore completely missed seeing a bad foul on Sam which would have given us a free kick in a dangerous area,
he also waved away a stonewall penalty but for his piece de resistance he gave us a throw in but then changed his mind & went with a dropped b, all!
That said, based on the first half performance, Crewe probably deserved the win but the way the game played out leaves a bitter taste.
And Kiwi, for once I don't blame you for us losing today - that was down to an insipid first half performance, an in-form Crewe team & a very unfortunate & weird chain of events
KiTChener likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 18:44   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no question at all crewe deserved the win, but why the hell we play 1 up front at home defies logic to me. colby was heading the ball on to ghosts cos no-one was there,
KiTChener, DAV007 and Watchdog like this.
Old 09-11-2019, 18:52   #38
Full Member+

And a ref with no whistle at that
Old 09-11-2019, 18:54   #39
God Member

What actually happened that caused two officials to leave the game ? ..
Old 09-11-2019, 19:09   #40
Senior Member+

Well that was a strange afternoon !. Not only with the situation surrounding the Officials but also that fact that the Reds were definitely not up for it at all.
There seemed to be a general ' couldn't care less ' attitude about the team which resulted in just one meaningful shot on goal, a sterile midfield, and a defence which were much too slow in dealing with the pace of the Crewe attack force.

All in all it made for grim viewing for the watcher, and another salutary reminder that no goals are being scored, or indeed that it is difficult to see where these will come from !

I was, and I stand ready to be corrected, always given to understand that two linesmen/referees assistants were the minimum requirements where controlling a football,.match was concerned. If so why was today's game allowed to be played with one ?. In similar circumstances would tomorrow's Liverpool v Man City game be allowed to progress ?... I think not !.

However, Obladee Oblada life goes on. !.... and dare I say it , The Reds can now concentrate on League business ! ( I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before ! ).

ON STANLEY !.. ON !,.. TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
KiTChener and pifco like this.
Old 09-11-2019, 19:14   #41
God Member

Wink Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
And a ref with no whistle at that
Oh yeah, I forgot that one - maybe after 7 years of not being used his pea had dried up
yonmon likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 19:16   #42
God Member

Quote:
What actually happened that caused two officials to leave the game ? ..
Apparently the first one pulled his hamstring, don't know about the second one - they just said he needed medical treatment
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 19:52   #43
Senior Member+

Massive missed opportunity of a cup run, no additional funds this season
Old 09-11-2019, 19:52   #44
God Member

Thank you mad one
Old 09-11-2019, 19:54   #45
God Member

Quote:
Thank you mad one
You're welcome, jinxed one
Kiwi John likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..