Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2019, 20:51   #91
Senior Member+

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

Anyone seen the highlights on YouTube and wonder where on Earth big Jerome was defensively and why he was virtually walking back to defend?
In that miserable first half, I thought that Jerome was our best attacking threat by far. If he is going on one of his attacking forays, why doesn't another player cover for him? At least he was willing to take on the opposition, unlike McConville.

And speaking of McConville, are you convinced that your stats are correct? According to the FootyStats website, he makes an assist every 942 minutes and is 309th out of 383 players. Joe Pritchard on the other hand makes an assist every 326 minutes and is 26th out of 383 players in League 1.

I have to admit that I am far from enthusiastic about statistics but I was intrigued by a totally different stat on FootyStats. 23% of our goals conceded have been conceded in the last 10 minutes. In total contrast 0% of our goals have been scored in the last 10 minutes. Definite food for thought there.
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2019, 21:00   #92
Full Member+

I have McConville, Pritchard and Opoku joint top with 2 assists each.
Clicker on 1.
Pritchard better assists per minutes on pitch ratio.
Old 10-11-2019, 21:13   #93
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

First time i've ever left a football match at half time in 40yrs of watching live football!! other commitments and freezing conditions and 1hr delay for the 2nd half to start forced me to do what i've never ever done before My HO is the FA are an ass and the rules are stupid the game should have been abandoned and a new date issued at a later date. having said that I hope that the two Ref's are ok and make a full recovery ..
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 22:10   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was referring to the new players from the original comment made.
But seems you mention it,
The Wunderkind as you put it was our top scorer last season....
He’s also had our most shots and assists this season.
Not become a bad player overnight.
Our aging centre back who has guided/been a part of the training of young Sykes to become the player he is.
And our Captain who has probably been our best player for at least the last 5 games. Why on earth would you want a defensive midfielder that high up the pitch.
Think the question should be more why hasn’t Finley scored more.....

& on the subject of our club captain; who would you play instead of him.
Choices right now realistically are
LKS - poor positional play
Diallo - Injured
Pritchard - too weak (another reason shouldn’t be playing as a false 9)
Johnson - too weak , and why ruin the Johnson/Clicker combo even if it’s predictable
Barclay - a centre half naturally who we tried converting into a midfielder and now can’t get in the squad

So can someone please try and convince me we shouldn’t play our club captain?
(don’t even get me started on the whole ‘shouldn’t be captain debate either!!)

Anyone seen the highlights on YouTube and wonder where on Earth big Jerome was defensively and why he was virtually walking back to defend?
I didn't say that our Captain shouldn't play . If you read my post accurately I merely lumped him together with two more of the squad's ' underproducing ' players.
In spite of your claims regarding past glories, and rather tenuous allusions to their influence on other players, they are not producing these performances this season.
If they were then our tally of goals would be higher and the dearth of points which keeps us in a slot at the bottom of the league would not be the status quo !.
Finley hasn't scored more goals because he too loks llike he is in limbo at present and doesn't seem to know exactly what his role is in the present tactical setup .

ps. Incidentally, I wouldn't dream of getting you started on ' the shouldnt be Captain debate ' or indeed started on anything whatsoever !. Such unseemly behaviour is not in my armoury !
Old 10-11-2019, 23:06   #95

This tedious & incessant criticism - from all quarters, of virtually every player in the squad only diverts responsibility from where it truly lies -
THE MANAGER!
He picks the team, decides the formation & dictates the tactics.
The fact that L2 Crewe came & virtually dominated the game only proves how oh-so predictable we've become.
John Coleman was as culpable for yesterdays defeat as any member of the team, yet seems to have escaped scot free from any criticism.
Silly me! Of course it's all the players fault!.....
Old 11-11-2019, 07:40   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
This tedious & incessant criticism - from all quarters, of virtually every player in the squad only diverts responsibility from where it truly lies -
THE MANAGER!
He picks the team, decides the formation & dictates the tactics.
The fact that L2 Crewe came & virtually dominated the game only proves how oh-so predictable we've become.
John Coleman was as culpable for yesterdays defeat as any member of the team, yet seems to have escaped scot free from any criticism.
Silly me! Of course it's all the players fault!.....
i agree but we will no doubt get slammed for critising the super one, still it dont bother me a lot theres clowns everywhere in football. i still havent seen this rule yet either from one who stated that is is one, doubt if i will.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:51   #97
Full Member+

I only heard what was going on via Radio Lancs on the way home from Blackpool. Haven't seen any highlights but if there was only a liner on one side of the pitch who was watching for the ball going over the lines on the other side of the pitch ?
Old 11-11-2019, 07:51   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No doubt Conneely has has improved slightly but he's still struggles at league 1 level and can't be the answer long term if we plan on staying in league 1 long term.

Sam Finley is the most talented midfielder in the squadand IMO should be the first name on the team sheet.
Finley the man who constantly passes with is head glued at the ball and not were he is passing to gave the ball away countless times against Crewe.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:54   #99
Full Member+

Edit , my post has appeared now !
Old 11-11-2019, 08:00   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
I only heard what was going on via Radio Lancs on the way home from Blackpool. Haven't seen any highlights but if there was only a liner on one side of the pitch who was watching for the ball going over the lines on the other side of the pitch ?
no-one thats the point.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16   #101
God Member

Quote:
I have McConville, Pritchard and Opoku joint top with 2 assists each.
If Evtimov was given every corner and attacking free kick to take then he would probably have the most assists.
‘Assists’ is another one of those meaningless statistics, like possession, that has been imported from a different North American game to give media nerds something to prattle on about and pretend they know some dark secrets about footie that are missed by the average fan.
yonmon likes this.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16   #102
God Member

[QUOTE=yonmon;1233518
Stanleyjosh says that had whoever was representing the Reds at halftime had not agreed to
carry on the game , then the Club would have been sanctioned.
Now, to someone who doesnt know the rules whatsoever, will you please try to explain to me if this is in fact the truth of the matter ?.

i do not know the fa cup rules of the competition. even the keighley and district fa have a ten page booklet for the 3 competitions they run where you reach the semi final after winning one game. County fa,s used to issue a book also on their competition rules along with other stuff. i imagine that someone at stanley does have a copy {probably on line nowadays** where it is wriiten in stone regarding saturdays issue. it can get a little complicated as its this action to be followed after that action was followed unless that action was not followed in the first place. thing is would the game have actually gone ahead in the first place with only 2 officials attending the game. need to see someone coming out with what is written at the end of the day.
yonmon likes this.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:35   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1233556][QUOTE=yonmon;1233518
Stanleyjosh says that had whoever was representing the Reds at halftime had not agreed to
carry on the game , then the Club would have been sanctioned.
Now, to someone who doesnt know the rules whatsoever, will you please try to explain to me if this is in fact the truth of the matter ?.

i do not know the fa cup rules of the competition. even the keighley and district fa have a ten page booklet for the 3 competitions they run where you reach the semi final after winning one game. County fa,s used to issue a book also on their competition rules along with other stuff. i imagine that someone at stanley does have a copy {probably on line nowadays** where it is wriiten in stone regarding saturdays issue. it can get a little complicated as its this action to be followed after that action was followed unless that action was not followed in the first place. thing is would the game have actually gone ahead in the first place with only 2 officials attending the game. need to see someone coming out with what is written at the end of the day.[/QUOTE]

thats what i say, i cannot find owt on the F.A. site yet stanley josh has stated what the rules are, but as yet has not demonstrated where this rule is.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:59   #104
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no-one thats the point.

It really should have been abandoned from the sound of it. I think they said each club could provide a liner but each liner was rejected by both the clubs. Surely they could have had the Crewe volunteer covering the Accy forwards and the Accy liner covering the Crewe forwards. Probably be plenty of offside decisions but less of a farce than one liner.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:36   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
In simple terms - nobody! Absolutely crazy
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..